September 17-23 Mini Challenge

Options
luvs_choc8
luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
Hello All,
I have decided to change things up a little bit this week for the mini challenges. I think it is pretty standard that we all do cardio at least 3-4 times a week and everybody does something different so I want everybody to continue with that routine of 30-45 minutes of card at least 3 times a week. The mini challenges are going to consist of a single food challenge for the day, and a strength challenge. It would be great if you reported how you made out with the strength portion.

Monday Mini Challenge:
Food - no bread or bread products for the whole day.
Strength - 125 crunches
Water - at least 64 ozs
**Report when complete**

Tuesday Mini Challenge:
Food - no sugar today
Strength - 100 push ups
Water - at least 64 ozs
**Report when done**

Wednesday Mini Challenge:
Food - eat 3 vegetables
Strength - 100 squats
Water - at least 64 ozs
**Report when done**

Thursday Mini Challenge:
Food - no salt today
Strength - 100 tricep kickbacks
Water - at least 64 ozs
**Report when done**

Friday Mini Challenge:
Food - eat something healthy that you have never had before
Strength - 100 calf raises
Water - at least 64 ozs
**Report when done**

Saturday Mini Challenge:
Food - eat extra protein
Strength - 100 bicep curls
Water - at least 64 ozs
**Report when done**

Have fun with this and let me know what you think of this format. I will still post it to the homepage every morning.

Reminder to make sure you stretch before all exercises and to go at your level.

Have a great week and Keep Smiling :smile: :wink: :love: ,
Donna

Replies

• cmecme
    cmecme Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Love it - Thx!
  • Pammie1000
    Pammie1000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    bump for later! Thanks Donna :flowerforyou:
  • Pammie1000
    Options
    125 crunches complete along with 45 minutes on the elliptical, not so good with the food challenge, does cereal count? Don't think I'll do very well with no salt either....That would be tough!
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I love this! Checking in for Monday -

Ended up eating bread so that didn't work out.

50 minutes of cardio with a brisk walk and some circuit training in my CrossWalk class. Just finished 125 crunches and got 64+oz of water in.

Night everyone!
  • cmecme
    Options
    so far so good for me ---- no sugar and done with push ups!!

and did interval training for cardio for 35 minutes
  • Mamafred
    Mamafred Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Cheryl.
    I didn't get my cardio in today but I did stay away from sugar and I have finished the pushups.

Donna, I love that you post the week's challenges up front so I can plan ahead. Thank you.
  • Pammie1000
    Options
    I love having to report in! otherwise I'll slack off, being naturally lazy:wink:
    100 push ups complete... the real ones too! water finished, but a miserable failure with sugar intake :(
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jackie! Checking in for a few days...

Monday - I was recovering from a 10k, so I did not get the challenges done except for the water. I did walk a mile to try to work out the soreness!:tongue:

Tuesday - only got in 50 pushups and the water. Did another mile, seems to be helping!

Wednesday - missed out on the veggies, but completed the squats and water!

Have a great Thursday! :flowerforyou:
  • Mamafred
    Options
    I had a great Wednesday. 35 minutes onthe elliptical, 10 minutes on the walk track, water more than done and squats completed. Supper was all about veggies, stir-fry on a bed of quinoa. My husband even ate the quinoa and enjoyed it! Wow!

Pammie, I am blown away that you can do 100 regular pushups!
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Didn't get my pushups in on Tuesday because I was really sore from doing some on Monday in a class I took. Did hop on the elliptical and get some cardio in though.

Wednesday, didn't get much cardio in but managed to do 100 squats throughout the day.

I'll work on today's and check back in.
  • Mamafred
    Options
    I had a good cardio session today, tricep kickbacks done, no added salt and about 80 oz water. I did have a Healthy Choice steamer for lunch and that has plenty of sodium.
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    :happy: Hello all!

Did not get the arm exercises in, but will try to get them in tomorrow! Walked a little over a mile today!

I kept the salt to a min
  • Pammie1000
    Options
    Hey all, I've gotten all the strengh exercises in so far this week, not so great for the food challenges, I couldn't find anything I hadn't had before, I did get in the 3 veggies though. Pretty good on water. Have a great weekend everyone!
  • Mamafred
    Options
    Hello!
    All challenges done so far. I will get the arm workout in today. I love arm workouts. Later this afternoon my husband and I are going to participate in a Walk for Alzheimers Awareness in our hometown. This should be both fun and worthwhile.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. :smile:

Oh, btw, I couldn't find anything new to eat either, but I did eat healthy. I was down .6 lbs this morning. Let's see what Monday's weigh-in has to say after a weekend of excess.
  • cmecme
    Options
    Ugh - i fell woefully short of challenges this week. both personal and MFP challenges.

NO EXCUSES - just ---- i dont know - lazy??? Felt like taking a break???

Anyway - paying for it the last two days in that I feel bloated, sluggish -- finally got off my butt today and did something and feel much better --- but why did I slack in the first place.

Enough of my confession. Today is a new day and next week new challenges.

Thanks for letting me be a part of such a great group!!!
  • Pammie1000
    Options
    Workout completed, Water good and had some protein, I find that I do better on the food challenges that tell me TO eat something, rather than food to avoid......go figure :laugh: