Can I just say...

Options
Talialala
Talialala Posts: 40 Member
That I LOVE PALEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So many people are amazed that I just carry around beef jerky in my purse/car and stocks of veggies on my desk next to healthy fruit! I eat bacon every friggin day and have never had such GREAT bloodwork numbers! I crossfit every day! I love this life style. I have struggled tremendously staying on it in the beginning thanks to many years of horrible eating habits. But all that matters is today

I LOVE PALEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• amyalmighty
    amyalmighty Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think MFP needs a "like" button!
  • KittyMarie13
    Options
    Anywhere in particular that you get your jerky? I'm looking for places to get good stuff without all the fillers, but that isn't going to kill my budget. I'm actually thinking I might just bite the bullet and try to make my own. I love the stuff for snacking but it's surprisingly hard to find around me.
  • Amayrial
    Amayrial Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I bought a 60.00 dehyrator(bed bath and beyond) and make my own. Its actually really easy..
  • aemoomoo
    aemoomoo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I want to start eating paleo asap...what are some things you eat? you eat all the beef jerky you want? i love beef jerky!
  • LeidaPrimal
    LeidaPrimal Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I make turkey jerky and my husband adores it :) It is a great way to use the breast, and it leaves the rest of the turkey for roasting for the bone broth and cool Dino-drumstick supper for my 6 yo.
    I want to start eating paleo asap...what are some things you eat? you eat all the beef jerky you want? i love beef jerky!

grass-fed or pasteurized meat, chickens & eggs, wild salmon and copious non-starchy vegetables raw or cooked in coconut oil, rendered lard or butter. We also allow for nuts & hard raw organic cheese. My folks eat tubers, fruit and full-fat dairy as well, while I do not.
  • renkatrun
    renkatrun Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I want to start eating paleo asap...what are some things you eat?

Check out http://thefoodee.com
    I've started wrapping everything in kale instead of a tortilla when I am in a hurry and can't cook. And sometimes, just because it is good.

I have been paleo for just over a month and measured today:
    I lost 11 centimeters off my hips
    8 off my stomach
    4 off each thigh
    1 off each upper arm -

I lost 11 pounds eating the same number of calories I ate eat day for the last 10 months or so without losing. AND I feel fantastic. I passed my goal and am now upping my calories to find a place I am comfortable.

A calorie is not just a calorie. An chemical is not real food. Welcome to the tribe!
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Anywhere in particular that you get your jerky? I'm looking for places to get good stuff without all the fillers, but that isn't going to kill my budget. I'm actually thinking I might just bite the bullet and try to make my own. I love the stuff for snacking but it's surprisingly hard to find around me.

So easy to make your own in the oven...we have this - http://www.amazon.com/Nesco-BJX-5-American-Harvest-Jumbo/dp/B001795P3K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347996768&sr=8-1&keywords=jerky+press

works great - we grind up meat (venison my husband has hunted) and add in some spices...we don't use the cure (if you don't you just have to store it in the fridge) - we simply use an oven safe rack to press the jerky out and put it in a low heat oven for a few hours

You can also get some good beef and slice it thin, marinate it (for soy like sauce use Coconut aminos) and spice it and use your oven at a low temp to jerky it
    if you look back I know there was a big thread about making your own
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options

some great sites to visit:
    www.marksdailyapple.com - everything you need to know about primal (primal = paleo + dairy, more or less)
    nomnompaleo.com
    paleomg.com
    balancedbites.com
    theclothesmakethegirl.com

:-)
  • amanda6393
    amanda6393 Posts: 176 Member
    Options

Like :bigsmile:
  • Talialala
    Talialala Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    To those who want to jump into paleo bc of the meat, don't think you can just go to town. There is a limit to how much you should be eating lol BUT GRUB ON MY PALEOITES!!!!
    Oh yes, and as many have pointed out, Home made jerky is SUPER easy. You can even do it with some air vent house filters and a box fan! So good too... oh man so good...

Just eat those damn veggies too :)

Live long and prosper ;)
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options

Yes it does!

LIKKEEE!!!
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    To those who want to jump into paleo bc of the meat, don't think you can just go to town. There is a limit to how much you should be eating lol BUT GRUB ON MY PALEOITES!!!!
    Oh yes, and as many have pointed out, Home made jerky is SUPER easy. You can even do it with some air vent house filters and a box fan! So good too... oh man so good...

Just eat those damn veggies too :)

Live long and prosper ;)

I remember when Alton Brown did that on an episode of Good Eats! Very cool! I think I need to eat more jerky. I never really had it before but I know it's a good protein source and something I can take with me if I need a snack. My dh is into jerky so convincing to make our own shouldn't be hard. He actually owned a food dehydrator years ago but I think I made him get rid of it when we move from NY to NC. Oh well.