HELP!! Not enough?

Options
2»

Replies

• gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    If you are starving your body I am completely depleted! Most of the time I have MANY cals left because I don't eat Breakfast or Lunch..Only now and then like today will I eat before 4pm...It says that but, I am seeing lbs fall off so I do what I am comfortable with. This weekend I will eat more due to holiday but, you can look back on my Diary and see I have many many cals left over and yes, it tells me I am eating to few cals but, I am Ok with that. The weight is falling off.

You are hurting your body by neglecting it for so many hours before feeding it the energy it NEEDS to merely function. If MFP allows you 1350 calories a day, eat them. If you want to "see the pounds fall off" then make better food choices, whole grains, veggies, fruits, eat clean and add strength training and cardio into your routine. You may loose weight fast but what your body is loosing is your lean muscle mass and water. Without lean muscle mass, it doesn't matter how little you weigh. You can weigh 110 pounds but still look flabby. We all can attest to the statement that flab is NOT sexy. If that is your goal I guess you're on the right path but I must say, it is not healthy and if you spoke with your doctor about it they would say the same.

I have changed my eating to an almost Vegen diet completely..Lots of veges and fruits and with the workouts I do there is little chance of flab LOL The Biggest Loser Workouts don't leave flab for sure...All Cardio, Strength and Toning so nope no chance of that. I did talk to my Dr and he stated if you are not hungry do not force it but, do eat before 4pm and never after 5pm..We are Good!
    So do you start eating at 4pm and have to be finished by 5pm? What I am understanding is that you only eat for 1 hour in a 24 hour period. Correct me if I'm wrong, please, but that is definitely not healthy so that's why I'm asking again. I don't want to be scratching my head thinking, "hmmm...." if I misunderstood you. Honestly though, I don't think I am. I kinda wish your diary was open so I could see what vegan dishes you were eating. I would like to eat more clean than I am and vegan is definitely one way to do that!
  • gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Oh sara I forgot to tell you..I misread your group here I thought it meant that you weighed over 200lbs ( at one time or now ) and I joined but, I didn't know it was you want to lose 200 or more..If I did that there would be no me LOL I would love to stay though because it is a very inspirational group..You did good :)

I understood it to mean this group is for those who are over 200lbs, not wanting to loose 200lbs or more. Is that how everyone else interpreted it too?
  • healthyhelen50
    healthyhelen50 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Mine put me at around 2000 when I work out which seems so high but have talked to a lot of nutritionists and you have to be careful not to starve your body as it will store everything. It seems odd to eat so much but it is good to follow the recommended but to make sure it is with good food and also protein. Keep up the good work.
  • buffyangel2000
    buffyangel2000 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere I can't remember is to put your calories to where your goal weight is, like me my goal weight is about 135lbs so I entered that into a calorie calculator and it gave me 1652 calories a day. Maybe try that.
  • sareyezz23
    Options
    Oh sara I forgot to tell you..I misread your group here I thought it meant that you weighed over 200lbs ( at one time or now ) and I joined but, I didn't know it was you want to lose 200 or more..If I did that there would be no me LOL I would love to stay though because it is a very inspirational group..You did good :)

It's for people who weigh 200lbs or more :) I didn't think how people would interpret it. I would also be nothing ;) of course u can stay. Thank u :) x
  • brendajs
    brendajs Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I had a doctor's appointment a couple weeks ago and asked about the correct calories/day for me. I weighed about 250 that day and he said 1500 calories would be good with a 35% carb, 35% protein and 30% fat breakdown. I had been eating 1390 calories per day but was thinking that was high if I wanted to lose weight! I just changed it to 1500 on Monday (9/17) so will see if that helps or not! I also changed my percentages to his recommendation as well. It seems like alot of calories...but...I guess he might know a thing or two more about this than me!

Hope everyone has a great week!!

:flowerforyou:
    Brenda