running while sick

Options
profgal43
profgal43 Posts: 115 Member
I have had a miserable cold all week with aches and pains. I've missed two runs toug I may have been able to run for a sort time at a slower pace. My question is is it better to take a few days off when fighting a minor illness and feelig run down or is it better to continue with some activity as I am able... I don't want to keep myself sick for longer, but I ate missig my runs. Thanks for any toughts...

Replies

• altarimage
    altarimage Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've been sick the past week too, and I took a few days off until I felt well enough to be able to give it my all. I'd rather not do it when sick because I wouldn't want to potentially be more sick later.
  • NatashaRuz
    Options
    I JUST ran this morning for the first time in over a week. I had just finished W2 when I came down with bronchitis. While it killed me to not run as I started to feel better, I made myself feel 100% before starting back up.
    I'm glad I did. I sailed right through W3D1, and I KNOW I not only could not have done it a few days ago, but it probably would have delayed my recovery.

So. REST. GET BETTER. THEN RUN. :)
  • profgal43
    profgal43 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I am starting to feel better today so may try a slower run. We have a 5k on Saturday with lots of hills and I'm not ready!