tips

Options
so just a brief intro- i havent used these groups thing yet so i hope im not doing this wrong but
can people post some tips for binge eating or how they've recovered? there isn't much effective
advice out there, i've found.

anyway i want to stop binging so bad but once im in that mode, it's like ...F it all i can do what i
want and i want food!!! lol ykno..?
esp are there any teenagers? im a teenager...i used to be so confident and perfect weight (and
strong) freshie year but then long story short i've become a binger and it's just been getting worse
and worse for over 2 years now. i need to stop and go back but i can't

ps that photo was taken like 5 months after i began rolling down hill. since then i've only gained
momentum (and lots of weight)

Replies

• ccarolynchaos
    ccarolynchaos Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    PLeeeeeezzzzz someone help I just ate 4k cals and I just did a lot of like research to stop binging yesterday and I've binged everyday for like a week now please I am begging
  • ErzaScarlet
    ErzaScarlet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    hey I'm a binge eater as well!

First, take a picture of yourself in a bikini or underwear and look at it before you feel a binge spree!

Also if you are binging at night I would suggest going to bed or reading a brilliant book until you fall asleep as this will keep your mind from thinking about food.

Watching TV isn't that helpful it's quite passive and does not require a lot of concentration.

Other tips would be to ring friend or go out during the binging hours if it's not at night time hope this helps :)
  • Lanibugluv
    Lanibugluv Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm not a teen but feel free to add me and we can help each other. I know what you are going through!
  • kelsgosse
    kelsgosse Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Have you looked into OA meetings. There might be one in your area. They are great for support!!
  • jane987
    jane987 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly the same!! I can't help myself....

I am so fit and strict with food during the week. I go to the gym twice every day and eat about 1200 a day, then come the weekend I can't help myself. I binged Thurs-Sunday last week. Every night I went to bed feeling so sick I couldnt move. I woke up each morning with aching muscles because I forced so much food in. The thing is - I know how sick I will feel, I know how much hard work Im undoing, and yet I cant help myself. I have dinner and then a second dinner, and then chips and chocolate and make a toastie and then some muesli. I eat everything in site!!

Does anyone have any good tips? Has anybody stopped bingeing completely?
  • WomanMacho
    WomanMacho Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think that's a great idea to try and do something less passive. Reading is great, cause it sucks to try and eat with a book in your hand :) Lol

Also try forcing down some fiber in a glass of water. Drinking coffee seems to help me, but then again I can go straight to bed after a pot, so it might not work for everyone.

Buy some really big chewy thick high protein bars when you feel snacky. I swear after one of these monsters I dont want to even think about food anymore. They are fairly high in calories, but I say eat the 500 calorie protein bar, and save yourself a 3,000 calorie binge on empty calories that dont' satisfy....like chips and cereal (my weakness)

Another thing to try if you are a big chocolate junky is to buy some of that 80% or 90% cocoa chocolate bars by those fancy chocolatiers. A couple of those squares, and you wont want chocolate anymore :)

Good luck,

I hope this helps.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I think that's a great idea to try and do something less passive. Reading is great, cause it sucks to try and eat with a book in your hand :) Lol

Also try forcing down some fiber in a glass of water. Drinking coffee seems to help me, but then again I can go straight to bed after a pot, so it might not work for everyone.

Buy some really big chewy thick high protein bars when you feel snacky. I swear after one of these monsters I dont want to even think about food anymore. They are fairly high in calories, but I say eat the 500 calorie protein bar, and save yourself a 3,000 calorie binge on empty calories that dont' satisfy....like chips and cereal (my weakness)

Another thing to try if you are a big chocolate junky is to buy some of that 80% or 90% cocoa chocolate bars by those fancy chocolatiers. A couple of those squares, and you wont want chocolate anymore :)

Good luck,

I hope this helps.

Great tips... a book does help!
  • Magpie1950
    Options
    Read "The Hunger Fix" by Dr. Pamela Peeke. It really is an addiction, like any other and I believe it can be managed like any other. The book 'helped me and really admitting that I'm a food addict and noticing when and where I want to "use" and why. I haven't binged in 3 days. It is a "mental" issue, I believe....nit like "crazy", but using food to manage emotions.
    You aren't alone.....keep in touch.....keep writing about your feelings!
    Love,
    Magpie