Hi, I'm new here and need some motivation!

Options
Hi everyone.
I have until October 10th to lose four more pounds! (I am in a wedding.) I am starting to become demotivated though. I have been regulating my diet and working out like a crazy woman for three months now, and have only lost six pounds. I am 5 foot even and (I can't believe I am saying this in 'public' but 114 lbs). For me, reaching 120 was the heaviest I had ever been. I was a dancer, in a professional ballet company, but hurt my knee. I can't really dance like I used to and packed on about 30 pounds.. I was around 90.... I am just trying to get down to 110 and see where that leaves me. But, I feel really discouraged and well, ugly. It would be nice to have a buddy or someone I could talk to.
Hopefully I can get to know some of you soon.
G

Replies

• jkchampton
    Options
    Don't get discouraged. I am sure you are NOT ugly at 114 pounds!!! you are probably getting very toned from the exercising too. I realize 6 pounds does not seem like much, but you are probably gaining muscle and losing inches which makes you look much better. You have lost an average of half a pound a week. I am sure you would like it to move faster, but at least it is coming off. Why don't you change things up a little over the next couple weeks. It sounds like you are stuck in a rut. If you are doing the same exercises week after week your body is probably use to it and not making progress. Try something new. Fitness Blender has awesome full length exercise videos for free and they have some really challenging ones that combine cardio with weight training and burn a lot of calories. Make sure you are using weights and not just relying in cardio, Could you approach your eating a little different too? I don't know what you are doing now, but you could try eating more clean/whole foods, or use the glycemic index to cut out bad carbs, etc. Reward yourself with a little treat most days so you don't get burned out (like a dark chocolate square). Good luck! You are welcome to friend me!