Swimmers...anyone??

Options
im a super competitive swimmer and i need someone to relate to. anyone else into swimming for there workouts? i need a buddy to talk to because it seems no one else really does any swimming.

Replies

• carolinedb
    carolinedb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm a former elite swimmer who burned out like a forest fire with no fuel. However, I can definitely relate to the workouts, the competition, the nerves, etc. Feel free to add me!
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I am a former elite swimmer too. Way back in the day (about 20 - 23 years ago).

I think I got my competitive attitude from my swimming years. What was your specialty? Mine was backstroke and medley.
  • sbohinski
    Options
    Thanks guys! and i am still in high school starting my senior year so i swim the 500 and 200 free but in the summer im and open water swimmer so lots of milage!!
  • MrsBioChem
    MrsBioChem Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    For competitive swimmer here! There is currently no pool for me to go swimming in :( But I can relate.
  • MrsBioChem
    MrsBioChem Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    For competitive swimmer here! There is currently no pool for me to go swimming in :( But I can relate.

*former*
  • CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Never a competitive swimmer, but I swim weekly as part of my workouts. Usually 2-3 times a week, in addition to lifting & running. I find it really hard to lift the same days I swim though! My arms feel like they're about to fall off when I'm done!
  • KGTraxler
    Options
    former competitive distance swimmer--500 free, 200 free, 100 free in 400 free relay, and occasionally the fly in 200 medley relay.