Hungrier than my FitBit/Scooby TDEE!!

Options
I have a great idea of my daily burn from my FitBit (1900-2200), averaging around 2000.
I am eating 2100.
But I could easily eat more due to actual hunger! I find this odd, especially coming from 1200 cals 3 months ago.

What could it mean?

I lift heavy 3x week for 35 min, and do only 30-80 min. of cardio per week. I have a desk job but walk about 9,000 steps per day.

Replies

• MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I think on lft days you want to eat about 100 - 200 calories more than your TDEE but I am not sure. Hopefully people that know more will add their 2 cents.
  • cafel3
    Options
    The fitbit gives you an estimate of your calorie burn. It may be a bit lower or higher. One of my MFP friends loses weight when she eats at her fitbit "maintenance" level. The only way to truly know your maintenance is to eat at that level for several weeks and see if you lose or gain. Adjust by 100-200 calories and repeat until your weight is stable (over time - not just one week - this part is important).
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Are you losing, gaining or maintaining, weight wise?
  • bellabrite
    bellabrite Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I gained around 5-7 lbs/one pant size over the first two months of my reset (it's been three months) but it seems like I've maintained for the last month or so. I don't have a scale--I'm going by how my pants fit. If So I guess that is not very scientific.

Before Reset I was at 1200 cals/day with no lifting.
  • bellabrite
    Options
    Oh, and over the last 50 days (since I got a fitbitt), I have eaten a total of 5000 more cals than I have burned. According to fitbit estimates, anyway. And my logging is as accurate as possible. . .
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Oh, and over the last 50 days (since I got a fitbitt), I have eaten a total of 5000 more cals than I have burned. According to fitbit estimates, anyway. And my logging is as accurate as possible. . .

Sometimes fitbit double counts meals from MFP...you might check that!
  • bellabrite
    Options
    I got my total calories from MFP, so they should be accurate:)
  • CanGirl40
    CanGirl40 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I started EM2WL this past summer after many months (years?) of attempting VLCDs..usually aiming for 1200-1400 cal/day. When I first began upping my calories to 1700 + eating back exercise it was SO hard to eat that much, especially in protein/fats/veggies!

I think my metabolism is definitely boosted because I feel hungry a fair bit now, especially in the morning! I usually eat at least 500 calories before 10:30am and if I don't eat that much, my body is screaming for the food! LOL Lately I've been wondering if I should up it even more - say to 2000 and then not eat any exercise cals back...just eat the same number every day...???

I've only gained about 2 pounds over the last 2 months...some of that could be muscle though since I started heavy lifting...?Like you, I lift heavy 3 times a week for about 45 minutes. I do about 30 minutes cardio on those same days.
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    How are your food choices? Are they clean? I can easily consume my TDEE of calories in junk...but to keep it clean and eat that much is far more difficult. Maybe the days you feel hungry , your diet is not as balanced.? Just a thought.
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    You sound just like me in the hunger area... I didn't really do a reset because I wasn't on a VLCD anyway, but I've been eating above 2000 cals a day for almost a year now. Eating like this (cleaner food, lots of veggies and more proteins) while lifting and doing some cardio helped loose the weight I wanted and to achieve a size that I never even imagined.
    I recently bought a FitBit to make sure that my activity level was actually as high as I was putting on scooby and it's been giving me an average burn of 2400 a day. I wanted to cut, but can't really eat much lower than my TDEE because I really feel hungry!
    My weight has been stable, the measurements got better so I think something is working.
  • bellabrite
    Options
    All very interesting, thanks! I do eat quite clean, though I allow myself drinks during social settings and the occasional donut at work:) Protein is a major challenge for me. I am vegetarian, but my body absolutely cannot handle many forms of added proteins, such as whey and soy protein isolate. Protein shakes are pretty much impossible. I can eat all natural forms of protein such as Greek yogurt and beans. My IBS makes everythimg extra difficult. I would easily trade an extra ten lbs. for a normal gut.