Bubble Butt and Chubby Cheeks

Options
Rosalyn16
Rosalyn16 Posts: 11 Member
Hey there everyone! I'm new to the community here, and I have two pressing fitness/weight loss questions. I'm not really overweight at all--I am 5 ft 5 inch and 120 lbs--but I have a massive "bubble butt" and really chubby cheeks (my face...not the other kind of cheeks!). So I was wondering, gals, if you have any ideas for how to slim down these two areas because the rest of me really isn't that bad. But I'm terribly embarrassed about these two stubborn parts.

Also, do any of you know of other fitness/weight loss websites that are specifically geared towards people who are "not-that-heavy", but which aren't pro-ana sites? Thanks!

Replies

• cookingcow
    cookingcow Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Well you cant really "spot reduce" an area, however you can tone your butt doing lower body toning exercises (I absolutely LOVE how doing Squats of all varieties and lunges have made my butt look. It SERIOUSLY helps your butt and legs look their best). As for the cheeks, I have had the same problem... Its what I like to call "carb face". I noticed it is worse after I indulge in a large amount of carbs, especially before bed. It makes my face look doughy and chubby :-/

Im not sure if it is the same problem as you but it is definitely looking into, try avoiding carbs right before bed. Let me know if it helps :D
  • Rosalyn16
    Options
    Thanks so much, Cookingcow! I will definitely try your tip about the carbs. Also, I am already doing squats/lunges, but sporadically so I will try and do them more consistently. :) Gosh, do you wish you could "spot reduce", though??? That would just be so awesome...
  • ellenxmariex3
    ellenxmariex3 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have a bubble butt. I have never lost weight from that area. It seems to be just how my body has built.

Doing lunges, squats, ect has firmed up my booty and made it look so much better. I get a lot of compliments on it (which still sort of creeps me out but whatever!). So I suggest those :)
  • jlohcook
    jlohcook Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm doing stepper, elliptical and running, all these seems to tighten the butts, in fact I'm losing inches around that area, and I look good in skirts now, instead to a pear shape that I hated, and no more underwear line when wearing tight pants. Squats certainly strengthen the muscles, but not good enough for those fats around the bum.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    If we could figure out a way to spot reduce we'd all be millionaires. This has been a question women have had for centuries. Keep up the lunges and squats, and preferrably add weight to them if you can. If you run or walk, add some hills into your routine or crank up the height on the treadmill. The steeper the climb, the more work your hamstrings and butt will have to do.

As far as your cheeks go, I think you may just have to learn to love them!
  • johloz
    johloz Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Stop obsessing over one part of your body and start embracing the great parts!

On top of that, the fat stored in the butt area of a woman of healthy weight are stores of Omega-3's that are generally only used (meaning reduced) in the brain development of a baby. You are physiologically meant to have fat there, and it is not related to being overweight. The good news is that men WORLDWIDE find women with small waist-to-hip ratios of less than 70% (the smaller the ratio the better) to be attractive. This means you need to have a tiny waist, yes, but also a big juicy butt. So love the healthy body you have and stop trying to change the best parts!
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    love this sentiment johloz! woohoo for big booties! shake it ladies!
  • honestykay
    honestykay Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I like doing Brazilian butt lift. I have a big bubble butt and that seems to tighten and shrink my butt down.
  • Rosalyn16
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for all the great advice, everyone!

jlohcook, I'm too broke to go to the gym (or buy exercise equipment) but I try to go running/jogging fairly often so hopefully that will work as well. :)

johloz, hahahahaha! Maybe you're right. I wouldn't mind it so much if I could just tighten up that area. Having a saggy big butt is not so hot. ;p

And kelseyhere, thanks for the tips. I have been jogging in lots of hilly areas recently so I'm sure that might help. As for the cheeks: I will try to love them! I guess I should stop wishing for chiseled cheekbones...I read so many ads for "cheek and neck exercises" though (many of them super ridiculous sounding) which promise to melt away the fat on your cheeks if you practice them often enough...but I suspect they are just rubbish.

honestykay, where did you learn to do your Brazilian butt lift? Was it a video or a class? *curious*
  • jlohcook
    jlohcook Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Smile often...that uses a lot of muscles!
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I used to have chubby cheeks when I was young even when I was underweight, but as I got older, they got less chubby. Now they are normal, but I'm 47 and thin. Just be happy that they help you stay less wrinkly as you grow older. Not a lot you can do about them, but time will take care of them for you.
  • leesehm
    leesehm Posts: 117
    Options
    haha my friends called me bubble butt in highschool I'm skinny except for my bum.
    I also have lumbar lordosis which makes it look worse - http://www.centrofeldenkraiscsm.it/problematiche/images/lordosi.png
    if you have this - stretch your hip flexors and strengthen your core to help reduce it
  • leesehm
    leesehm Posts: 117
    Options
    but yeah like somebody has said already - bum fat is healthier than tummy/chest fat
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    plenty of strength training. you definitely dont need to lose more weight at 5ft5 and 120.
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    1. big butts are good
    2. cheeks are hereditary - if you are already at a healthy weight there's nothing more you can do about it. I know because my cheeks have been huge all my life no matter what size I was.
    3. YOU'RE A PRETTY GIRL - you should embrace your features because they make you unique.
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I love my bubble butt... I often see girls walking around that have NO butt and it makes their jeans look saggy and dented in in that area. I'd just be happy that you have one.... :)
  • PINKinquisition1908
    Options
    Hey honey. I know about 8,000,0000,0000,000 people who would love to have a bubble butt and be 121. I hope you reach all your fitness goals, and learn to embrace your body shape.
  • lisalocum
    Options
    I've also been doing Brazilian butt lift. I never lose weight on my bum, but that's ok because blokes love it! However, as I've got older and heavier it has started to be less toned. The butt lift programme helps lift and firm and shape your bum, and there's different plans for how you want to shape it. It's on DVD, I got mine off Internet, but it is based around sets of exercises that work the butt muscles from three different angles, so there are a lot of lunges in all directions, leg lifts while lying on your side, lots of moves crossing one leg behind the other, and plenty of cardio. You can probably find clips on you tube?

PS I should point out that the pic in the photo is not me-its simply there to motivate me! Don't want you thinking that's the butt I got by doing the programme, though maybe one day :-)
  • Myzztique
    Myzztique Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Oh, I wish some more junk in my trunk :)
    My problem is I lose too much butt as I lose weight.
    I 've got Brazilian butt lift (You can find it here: www.beachbody.com), but have not yet tried it out.
  • blullb
    blullb Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    As far as the chubby cheek thing, i always had that issue as well even tho i was never really overweight. However when i got to my late 20's my face started slimming out. I am now 33 and my face is much slimmer then in my early 20's. Sometimes it just takes awhile to grow out of the "baby chub".