Weekly chat - Sept 17 - Sept 23

Options
shorty313
shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
Welcome to our weekly thread! Please feel free to repost the thread on Monday of each new week. Just remember to change the dates in the topic title.

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Debbie (shorty313)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
Dan (G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)
Amanda (WhiteCloud)
Emma (elstein)
Cynthia (saihtnyc)
Emily (emom3boys)
Randy (Randyamc)
Sandra (Leeloominai01)
Toni (Themoodys13)
Corey (coreyisaacs)
Joe (misterbigg36)
Dee (Dedee36)
Tawnya (RubytOU)
Mariesa (princessmariesa)
Sri (slimntrim77)
Becky (altheiathepixie)
Melissa (MdmAcolyte)

Replies

• shorty313
    Options
    I can't believe it's Wed and no one posted a weekly thread! Where is everyone...Buhler? :laugh:

I was home with DD Monday (schools closed) and slammed at work yesterday. Exercise is back to zero, blah, but at least I'm staying within calories for the most part. I kinda binged at a bachelorette party on Sat, but it was kind of expected and fun to boot :tongue: I'm back up 2 lbs but I"m hoping it slides off over the course of the next week.

I think when I get back into it next week I'm picking a new lifting routine out of my book, I was at the end of the 12 weeks of my first one.

How is everyone doing?
  • Leeloominai01
    Leeloominai01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I've been threatening to start one but then thought what am I going to post? I haven't excercised in 2 weeks and have been having cupcakes for breakfast :laugh:
  • Leeloominai01
    Leeloominai01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    And I pinned a 20 minute core strength routine I'm going to TRY to fit into my mornings; not sure if it will work though! PLus I have to get over this chesty cold of mine :grumble:
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Lol ~ I thought that was YOUR job!

I have had a busy week with work, and dealing with my husband's work woes when Im home. I make Wednesdays my "diet free weekly holiday and rest day" so I went and picked up my BFF lastnight we went to the bar and drank beer and ate lots of red meat and drank some more beer. We have not done that in about a month and he really had a lot he needed to vent about. Im helping him coordinate moving from Virginia to Massachusetts (he's running off to get married for the first time in his life), so its been a little stressful for us on both sides. Sadly, I came home to a drunk hubby lastnight ~ his firm is really running him through the ringer and all I can for him is to listen and commiserate with him since he hasn't found the oomph he needs to get to work on looking for another job elsewhere. Good times.

On a healthy note ~ Ive been eating really good this week and rollerskating around my neighborhood at night. I haven't really noticed anything yet (I just started skating again), but I'm feeling better ~ so that's still a win for me. :)
  • shorty313
    Options
    Melissa - anyone can start the thread! I just have special powers that let me sticky it to the top :wink:

FINALLY got back to running today after a month off. Let's just say the body unconditioned quickly! I was shooting for 2.5 miles, and probably did about 2 before i got a bad stitch.

On the plus side, a skirt I bought a touch snug on super clearance in June is a bit loose now! I had totally forgotten about it and saw it in my closet today and viola!
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Debbie, awesome about the skirt!

Well I've been pretty MIA the last couple weeks. My end of summer ended up being quite busy! I finished it off with a girls trip up to Breckenridge for Oktoberfest last weekend and imagine my surprise when I had actually lost weight when I got back! (even with the outrageous amounts of beer I consumed!) I'm feeling ready to get focused and get back on track. I've been good with my logging last week and this week and the scale seems to quickly be heading down now that I'm not eating out 4 nights a week! I guess a lot of the extra weight I thought I had put on must have been alcohol and sodium bloat. I'm nearing the end or NROL4W with only 3 more workouts left in stage 6 and then only stage 7 to go! I'm looking forward to getting back to some cardio and focusing on weight loss but also struggling with what I should do to maintain the strength I've gained. I just really have no idea how to design a program for myself!

At any rate, off to work. Hope everyone's weekend is off to a good start!
  • shorty313
    Options
    Holy crap are my legs sore today! Especially my inner thighs, you don't realize how much you use them running I guess.

Ellie - I've been pondering what to do with my exercise routine as well. I was doing 3x/week each of running and lifting, but it was easier in the summer b/c of a slightly different schedule. Plus yoga once/week. I think I might have to cut 1x/week thought the school year, and I think I'd rather cut cardio than lifting. So I'm thinking of lifting M, W, F and cardio T, th, yoga either Sun or Thurs depending what works better. I have another 12 week lifting plan I wan t to try, then I might work myself up to NROLFW. I feel like (for me) cardio is more about heart/general health than weight loss. Really it's the eating less that made me lose weight (as evidenced by the loss I've had this last month with NO exercise) but the lifting is changing the shape and keeping me strong. That's my 2 cents anyway. That's fantastic news about the loss, sometimes our bodies just need a bit of shakeup!

I got DH to watch Fat Sick and Nearly Dead with me last night, it's a documentary about juicing. He's been having some health problems that docs can't figure out, so he's excited to give this a try to detox his body. He wants me to do a 10 day juice fast with him. I'm not sure I can live without solid food for 10 days, gulp!