"Gun Owner's" Thread that got locked?

Options
_JR_
_JR_ Posts: 830 Member
Anyone know specifically why it was locked?

Replies

• katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    Because people like to sling poo.
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    Options
    Because we upset the idiots.
  • _JR_
    Options
    Apparently if there are 2 sides to any conversation in a thread, the mods come and nanny-up the place.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Apparently if there are 2 sides to any conversation in a thread, the mods come and nanny-up the place.

This
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    Well since it wasn't a thread about rating the hottness of other members.. Unacceptable.
  • Twisted_Wrister
    Twisted_Wrister Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Well since it wasn't a thread about rating the hottness of other members.. Unacceptable.

Or a thread abouth their best feature, or whether or not you would date them...:sick:

How about a "What handgun would you bring on a date with the person above you" thread? :tongue:
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    :huh: well if we are nominating people for getting the thread locked i would like to start with.......:bigsmile: the britsh:bigsmile: just kidding:tongue:
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options

Or a thread abouth their best feature, or whether or not you would date them...:sick:

How about a "What handgun would you bring on a date with the person above you" thread? :tongue:
    :blushing: 32 savage:blushing:
  • _JR_
    Options
    I just got his response (Tommy - MFP mod). In summation - when things spiral into fights, they shut it down. Now personally, I think there was a nice size group of people doing self-moderating of the haters.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I have hot pistol, that should have qualified. :) Actually i have 6 of them.
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I just got his response (Tommy - MFP mod). In summation - when things spiral into fights, they shut it down. Now personally, I think there was a nice size group of people doing self-moderating of the haters.

I was going to say, after one of the other threads got locked I sent a message to the moderator and he sent me back a very polite response explaining why. I asked him if the people who started the BS and bashing had been spoken to about their bad behavior on the boards ;)
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

"hot" as in you just fired it or "hot" as in it's a really sexy firearm?
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    It sucks really because in todays day and age, more and more people are wanting to protect themselfs.
    I personally feel like the gun store owners are taking advantage of people who really don't know any better.
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options

"hot" as in you just fired it or "hot" as in it's a really sexy firearm?

Or stolen?...J/K
  • _JR_
    Options
    It sucks really because in todays day and age, more and more people are wanting to protect themselfs.
    I personally feel like the gun store owners are taking advantage of people who really don't know any better.

I find the the chain stores (Cabelas and such) tend to be manned with just 'salesmen', and not true gun experts (who should sell you the best gun for you, and not just their personal favorites).
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    wow, id like to get paid to do nothing but monitor groups all day....what a waste of a company's time.
  • cdmalmrose
    cdmalmrose Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    So ..... I have a question on message board etiquette.
    I'm have no problem listening to someone explain to me why they don't like guns (or anything for that matter) even when I don't share their view. What I don't appreciate is preaching and finger pointing.
    If the haters show up in this forum and start causing trouble will the moderator do something about them then?
    Just curious
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    We are fortunate to have a great mom and pop style place down the road. I have seen them refuse to sell to someone who was being pressured into buying by a significant other(and was clearly uncomfortable). Good folks.
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Im wondering when/ if the powers that be will shutdown this group?
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    The mod posted something about threads that alienate one group. Well, that's half the threads on here when you ask about people with tats or when women post about feminine problems, or people ask about a certain type of music, or you have vegan recipies, etc...

There were some pretty good remarks in that thread though.