Gun Owner Survey- Flashlights

Options
_JR_
_JR_ Posts: 830 Member
Trying to see if there is any correlation as to preparedness.

Do you sleep with a flashlight next to your bed? If so, any particular kind?

I sleep with 2 Surefire's next to my bed, but also have a flashlight in every single room in my house - even bathrooms and walk-in closets.

Replies

• cdmalmrose
    cdmalmrose Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yes ... a small one, nothing fancy ... also have an Ice Axe! (gift form hubby)
  • sixisCHANGEDjk
    Options
    Have a mini mag lite readily available nearly all the time.
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    We have a flashlight in every room, as well as a flashlight mounted on our Glock .40, which is one of the guns we use for home protection
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I have a mag lite by my bed and a 5 million candle power spotlight in my laundry room. I live on 10 acres in the country so I need something powerfull for outside.
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    I don't but am rethinking that.
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I keep a mini flashlight near my bed where I can grab it if necessary but I'm one of the dumb ones- I smoke so I also have a lighter handy at all times- so I don't keep a flashlight in every room. My dad's surefire is in the kitchen and his mag light is always in the living room though.
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I carry a Surefire everywhere and at night its next to me on the nightstand.

Every home defense rifle also has a light attached to a pressure pad or switch of some sort. My primary has an IR light for use with the Gen 3 NV sight on it.
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Mag lite in every room. I have the large D-cell type in the truck/car. Makes an effective weapon if needed in addition to the 9mm.
  • buffcleb
    buffcleb Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have three next to my bed... One large Dorcy and a small foursevens on the head board... and a cheap 2d led light near the dresser...
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Gotta have a flashlight for night operations.
    Attached to my property gun is a Viridian and I have several Surefires; Maglights and various other flashlights dispersed throughout the home and in my vehicles.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    I have one flashlight in each room and one in the kitchen.
    These are actually pretty cool lights. As soon as they are unplugged, they turn on. The nice thing about them is that if the power goes out for whatever reason, these lights automatically come on. It is nice not only for the kids but it also lights up the house enough for me to move around without hitting things. If the power goes out in a storm then it is notmally pitch black outside to boot.
    I don't carry a light for intruders. I don't want them to see me.
  • glonigan
    Options
    I think we have a couple around the house... somewhere? Although with my two kids they are probably both out of batteries. I guess its time to rethink my flash light situation. If I knew the location of my wife and kids (Safe/Secure), I would hesitate to turn on a flashlight as I know my property/house better in pitch black than any intruder. I may be seeing this one wrong and am open to other's insights on this matter.
  • sirthickness
    Options
    Yep, right next to my Ruger LCR, with a reload. If need be, I can fight my way to my Glock 22 and gun belt. There I have more reloads, another flashlight and other "tools". I always have my Ruger and if I'm out at night, a small flashlight. It's a must.