How do we educate the masses?

Options
hoppinglark
hoppinglark Posts: 213 Member
Every-time I turn around, another editorial appears with ignorant statements.

How do we educate the masses without going crazy from frustration?

Replies

• Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately just like many other “hot topics”, people are either pro/anti or wishy-washy. IMO if we were able to get a few more out to the ranges and get them to be open minded and talk rationally about their fears of guns, maybe a few they would realize that guns are not the bad guys here.
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Quite frankly the masses have been educated.

Look at where we were 10 years ago and where we are now. People are SO pro-gun now by and large that even with a full democrat controlled house, senate and presidency they did not dare try anything on a fed level. Even after Aurora not one peep until yesterday about gun control and even there harry Reid said "no way is that being brought into debate in the senate"

Anti-gun laws are falling left and right around this country (DC, Chicago, etc look for more cities to fall)- national reciprocity gets closer and closer. One can carry in national parks. After Aurora gun sales and requests for CCW classes went UP. The anties trot out the same old lies which most people now know are lies- when a state allows people to carry crime has gone down and stayed down- no blood in the streets. about 10 years ago only 10 states allowed citizens to CCW now its like 42 or so?

Even the Fudds are not buying the "the only want to take the icky black rifles and pistols away". Few people forget that after the anti's got their assault weapons bill passed in the early 90s they IMMEDIATELY went after "sniper rifles" which were stated as being any rifle cabale of accepting a high powered cartridge and mounting a scope- all of a sudden all of those Remington 700 deer rifles were going to be sniper rifles- and the Fudds threw a conniption. SO they wont be fooled again.

However, the best way is keep educating at the ground level. When a liberal spews emotion keep hitting back with facts (and make sure youyr facts are true and accurate). Dont go all emotional on them- keep calm and spew facts. I also invite them out to shoot and have actually changed three anti-gunners to CCW carrying pro-gunners!
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Every-time I turn around, another editorial appears with ignorant statements.

How do we educate the masses without going crazy from frustration?

I have tried with articles of my own many times. Even wrote an essay for college about guns but unfortunately, no matter how many true facts you include, statistics, references and quotes you'll never get through to them. They actually believe what they're saying no matter how ignorant it is or how unfounded it is. They will always argue with their false statistics and their blatant stupidity as fervently as we would argue with facts and truth.
    Quite frankly the masses have been educated.

Look at where we were 10 years ago and where we are now. People are SO pro-gun now by and large that even with a full democrat controlled house, senate and presidency they did not dare try anything on a fed level. Even after Aurora not one peep until yesterday about gun control and even there harry Reid said "no way is that being brought into debate in the senate"

Anti-gun laws are falling left and right around this country (DC, Chicago, etc look for more cities to fall)- national reciprocity gets closer and closer. One can carry in national parks. After Aurora gun sales and requests for CCW classes went UP. The anties trot out the same old lies which most people now know are lies- when a state allows people to carry crime has gone down and stayed down- no blood in the streets. about 10 years ago only 10 states allowed citizens to CCW now its like 42 or so?

Even the Fudds are not buying the "the only want to take the icky black rifles and pistols away". Few people forget that after the anti's got their assault weapons bill passed in the early 90s they IMMEDIATELY went after "sniper rifles" which were stated as being any rifle cabale of accepting a high powered cartridge and mounting a scope- all of a sudden all of those Remington 700 deer rifles were going to be sniper rifles- and the Fudds threw a conniption. SO they wont be fooled again.

However, the best way is keep educating at the ground level. When a liberal spews emotion keep hitting back with facts (and make sure youyr facts are true and accurate). Dont go all emotional on them- keep calm and spew facts. I also invite them out to shoot and have actually changed three anti-gunners to CCW carrying pro-gunners!

I feel inclined to disagree- it's true that the anti-gun laws are failing but the fact is the actual masses are still fueled by biased media slanted against gun owners. Case in point: the guy being prosecuted in Florida for using deadly force against the kid in the gated neighborhood (unfortunately at this moment I can't remember his name). Everyone is all for him being prosecuted because he responded to a threat and the DA is more than happy to hang the guy out to dry.