Women's lifting gloves?

Options
Mistymath
Mistymath Posts: 146 Member
Any recommendations? As I'm lifting heavier, I'm getting big ol' callouses, and I'd like to have something to protect my hands!

Replies

• tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem, until I bought Harbinger gloves. I don't know the model or anything, but I would go to a sports shop and try them on. I spent about 15 minutes putting them on and walking over to the dumbbells to see how they worked. For me, I didn't like the ones with more padding on the palm. I just didn't feel like I could get a good grip. So, I recommend you take some time and find gloves that fit you.

Hope that helps.
  • Mistymath
    Mistymath Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    It does help. Thanks!
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I love my gloves! I couldn't lift as heavy as I do without them. Definitely don't get ones that are a little loose, because they will stretch a bit and then you'll have awkward bunching. I got some that were slightly too tight and cover part of my fingers. They're perfect now!
  • rjlkat
    rjlkat Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    A number of years ago I'd bought a pair of Harbinger gloves originally for martial arts (weapons training), but when I started the New Rules..., I found they were perfect for all of the lifting - not too thick or bulky. I have small hands, so I got the extra-small suede and fabric (I don't know if they come in different types; this is the only pair I've ever had).

Good luck! :smile:

*edited to add that the padding in mine is only where the fingers join the palms, and not anywhere else - just enough protection.
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I love my cutesie pink and black Harbinger gloves. They work very well for my lifts. I got mine from ****s. The padding is perfect and the mesh netting makes them more breathable than my previous gloves.

FYI MFP bleeped out the legitimate name of the sporting goods store I bought mine from. LOL