Please introduce yourself!!

Options

Replies

• TinaOsborneRN
    TinaOsborneRN Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi Sangeeta!! Yes, 80% of the battle is our nutrition!! And I agree, having the support and accountability of a group is KEY!! So glad you joined us. We have the makings of an AMAZNG group!!
  • TinaOsborneRN
    Options
    Hi, Hotgrl2!! I'm 43 too.:) Yes, I love the idea of my diary being public. It FORCES me to be good!! Check me out on FB:https://www.facebook.com/#!/tinaoz. I can help you with the exercise part. Message me on FB if you want deets.

So glad you joined us and WELCOME!!!
  • MrsH1972
    Options
    Hi I'm Mana -I'm 39 years old and living in the UK.

I got married in the summer of 2011 and moved to a different city where I knew no-one other than my husband. I was 112lb when I got married but I comfort ate and did little exercise and have managed to pile on 17 lbs in just over a year.

I am starting a new job at the beginning of October and hope to make some friends there and also on MFP.

Please add me as a friend and help me stay on the straight and narrow :)
  • danaweston
    Options
    Dana mother of 3 adult daughters. Have a husband and 2 Ridgeback Hounds. I work as a full time Dental Hygienist. Need to stay healthy
  • pookaroo78
    pookaroo78 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Carolyne, I'm 34yrs old from Canada and just got married in 2010. I have no kids yet. I've been wanting to lose weight and get healthy for quite some time. The weight has crept up on me over the last 10yrs or so. I have about 50lbs to lose.

Over the years, I have joined gyms, did martial arts, kickboxing, bootcamp...but I keep on losing the motivation!

Hopefully this time I will keep with it and lose that weight!

I have been eating pretty healthy, I find that the hardest time is the evenings and weekends when I overindulge in bad foods.

I can't wait to start this weight loss journey!
  • TinaOsborneRN
    Options
    Hi I'm Mana -I'm 39 years old and living in the UK.

I got married in the summer of 2011 and moved to a different city where I knew no-one other than my husband. I was 112lb when I got married but I comfort ate and did little exercise and have managed to pile on 17 lbs in just over a year.

I am starting a new job at the beginning of October and hope to make some friends there and also on MFP.

Please add me as a friend and help me stay on the straight and narrow :)

Hi, Mana!! Welcome!! That's what this group is all about: accontability!! so glad you've joined us!
  • TinaOsborneRN
    Options
    Dana mother of 3 adult daughters. Have a husband and 2 Ridgeback Hounds. I work as a full time Dental Hygienist. Need to stay healthy

Hello Dana and welcome! So glad you joined us!
  • TinaOsborneRN
    Options
    Hi, my name is Carolyne, I'm 34yrs old from Canada and just got married in 2010. I have no kids yet. I've been wanting to lose weight and get healthy for quite some time. The weight has crept up on me over the last 10yrs or so. I have about 50lbs to lose.

Over the years, I have joined gyms, did martial arts, kickboxing, bootcamp...but I keep on losing the motivation!

Hopefully this time I will keep with it and lose that weight!

I have been eating pretty healthy, I find that the hardest time is the evenings and weekends when I overindulge in bad foods.

I can't wait to start this weight loss journey!

Hi Carolyne!! Welcome to our group!! The key to sticking with any diet or exercise plan is ACCOUNTABILITY and SUPPORT! You will find BOTH here! Glad you joined us!
  • margueta562
    margueta562 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm Monica I am 39yrs old and a mother of four and I finally decided and fed up with being overweight.
  • Dont_Eat_Me
    Dont_Eat_Me Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Danel and I am 29. I am married and have a son Maximus who turns 2 on Nov 3. Hoping this group will keep me eating clean.
  • btyqwnfrommars
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Anna. I am 41 yrs old. I have 2 childen 20 and 17. I work in a nurse's office in an elementary school. I am new to the eating clean diet. I started on Monday. I am positive my biggest struggle will be juggling my diet with my family's. I want to lose 15-20 lbs. I am hoping this group will be my support and also get better ideas on recipes.
  • leekat14
    leekat14 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Kathy and transferring from fatsecret to MFP with my sisters encouragement. I have lost 30 lbs in the last 5 months and looking to lose 20 more. Was off track for awhile and trying to get back into shape again. I am a full time mother of 2 beautiful girls, 4 and 1 years old. Full time worker, full time student, and of course a full time wife. How much more exciting does it get?
  • livingsweet33
    Options
    Hi Everyone, My name is Aminah... Sorry about the photo for some reason my photos are too big. Oh well, I think i'm a superwoman anyway.. I am recovering well from a kidney transplant surgery in July. About two months now and getting stronger. I gave my dad a the gift of life and he is doing well. Im newly divorced and have 5 beautiful kids. Im a personal chef, radio show host, and counselor....yes I'm busy...but Im happy. Because of the surgery its taking me longer to get things back into action, so Im really trying to eat better and stay active for my heatlh. I really have to drink lots of water cause I only have 1 kindey and Im finding that hard. Wish it was a chocolate shake. Anyways, Im usually the one motivating others , but could really use some my way. Be good, smile and god bless!
  • OhThatBlonde
    OhThatBlonde Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi All!
    I’ve been on MPF for about a year now; it’s a great site for accountability! I’ve been eating clean for several years (paleo tendencies). Recently [last Friday] I was diagnosed LADA, Type 1 Diabetic after a many months months of very serious and related/symptomatic issues – so my whole world is in a whirlwind right now. You’ll see this reflected in my food diary; so bare with me while I adjust my new diet so I can get my blood glucose / insulin mixes under control.

I’m 49, 5’8” and currently weigh ~160-165. I’m fortunate I’ve always had a lanky build. I have my Master of Science in Occupational Therapy/not currently practicing; instead I work for the government in program operations and once again a full time student. I’ve got 3 dogs (Golden Ret, Yellow Lab, and yellow lab/pit-mix). I Love all things water and live at the beach. Over the last 3 years I’ve had a slow weight creep which I attribute to the changes occurring in my body with blood glucose levels on the rise (and the meds I’ve been on to combat it). While I’m not here to focus on losing weight I am here to focus on figuring out how and what to eat given the recent diagnosis. About 8 months ago they moved me away from eating clean to experiment with my blood sugar and to further figure out what in the world was going on. Just earlier this week they changed my plan again – and of course I was on vacation in Williamsburg with family!! So that made eating choices VERY difficult. Sure I’d eventually like to lose weight; but for now I’m just trying to figure out this insulin thing! My diary is and always has been open to my pals. Friend me if you like – OhThatBlonde
    I look forward to the support, ideas, and camaraderie I hope to find here.
  • rsethridge
    rsethridge Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Rebecca. I have been struggling with my weight for a while. I have tried to do it on my own, but even when I lose a little weight, I always seem to gain it back. I have 2 boys (9 and 4), work full time, and have a great husband. The problem with my house full of boys is our diet. They don't want my "little healthy diet foods", they love carbs, cheese, gravy, and lots of highly processed foods.

My goal is to slowly change their diets, but change mine drastically. Currently, we usually have separate meals, theirs and mine.... I have chosen a path of natural foods, not the highly processed low fat and fat free foods.I try to get at least 60 minutes of cardio 5 times a week. I'm not a runner, but I am trying desperately to learn. I want to be one of those people you see running all the time and love it.

I need help. I need accountability. I really planned on losing more weight by now as I have been going to the gym and semi eating better for almost 2 months...I've lost a whopping 4 pounds. I have to lose weight. I need to lose and I WANT to lose it. I'm hoping MyFitnessPal can help me reach my goals.
  • TinaOsborneRN
    Options
    Hi Monica!! Welcome!! Thanks for joining us!
  • TinaOsborneRN
    Options
    Hello, my name is Danel and I am 29. I am married and have a son Maximus who turns 2 on Nov 3. Hoping this group will keep me eating clean.

Hi Danel! Thanks for joining the group!
  • TinaOsborneRN
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Anna. I am 41 yrs old. I have 2 childen 20 and 17. I work in a nurse's office in an elementary school. I am new to the eating clean diet. I started on Monday. I am positive my biggest struggle will be juggling my diet with my family's. I want to lose 15-20 lbs. I am hoping this group will be my support and also get better ideas on recipes.

Hi Anna! thanks for friending me on Facebook! Love your positive posts!!
  • TinaOsborneRN
    Options
    Hello! I'm Kathy and transferring from fatsecret to MFP with my sisters encouragement. I have lost 30 lbs in the last 5 months and looking to lose 20 more. Was off track for awhile and trying to get back into shape again. I am a full time mother of 2 beautiful girls, 4 and 1 years old. Full time worker, full time student, and of course a full time wife. How much more exciting does it get?

Hi Kathy! Welcome! congratulations on the 30-pound loss!! You sound busy like me!! Thanks for joining the group!
  • TinaOsborneRN
    Options
    Hi Everyone, My name is Aminah... Sorry about the photo for some reason my photos are too big. Oh well, I think i'm a superwoman anyway.. I am recovering well from a kidney transplant surgery in July. About two months now and getting stronger. I gave my dad a the gift of life and he is doing well. Im newly divorced and have 5 beautiful kids. Im a personal chef, radio show host, and counselor....yes I'm busy...but Im happy. Because of the surgery its taking me longer to get things back into action, so Im really trying to eat better and stay active for my heatlh. I really have to drink lots of water cause I only have 1 kindey and Im finding that hard. Wish it was a chocolate shake. Anyways, Im usually the one motivating others , but could really use some my way. Be good, smile and god bless!

Wow, Aminah! You really are Superwoman!! How awesome that you have up a kidney for your dad! Thank you for joining our group. We will help you with the motiavtion! Add me on FB too....I love to post motivational quotes, before/after pics. etc. www.facebook.com/tinaoz.