"Gun Owner's" Thread that got locked?

Options
2»

Replies

• dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I have hot pistol, that should have qualified. :) Actually i have 6 of them.

"hot" as in you just fired it or "hot" as in it's a really sexy firearm?

I think a Desert Eagle is pretty sexy! I like my Glocks too.

And no, I would never own a stolen firearm.
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    because the mods are gun hating nazi's :grumble: Can I say that in here?? :bigsmile:
  • Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    It is sad to see the thread to be locked up.

Basically, we should have ignored the trolls in the thread and to give meaningful response to the OP. So that way people could have the respect for the gun-owners.

I'm looking foward to see some new info in this group. I am usually on Glocktalk.com and it's a big community over there.
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Anyone know specifically why it was locked?

If I had to wager a guess it would follow along the lines of this:

Gun ownership/gun control is quite a controversial topic and since there are hardly never any people in between on the topic, there is usually a clash that ends up with one side insulting the other for one reason or another- thus causing controversy which is what the mods attempt to subdue.

Unfortunately, what started as a simple question brought out the ones that are anti-gun and they felt the need to butt in with their opinions where they weren't really wanted or needed and thus the thread got locked. :/
  • padraigin67
    padraigin67 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks for inviting me. I was wondering why it got shut down. I actually thought it was more civilized then some of the threads I have seen.:flowerforyou:
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Silly gun haters. Why do they hate freedom?
  • ravenlaramie
    Options
    It's not so much that they hate freedom- it's that they are ignorant to simple facts. For example, I live in Knoxville, Tn. Most people in the west are of the opinion that crimes don't happen here. It's all in East Knoxville. I don't know how many people I've heard say that guns aren't needed in the west because there are no violent crimes in the west. They just don't realize that it just hasn't happened to them.

Fact is- it does happen in the west too. Not too long ago just minutes from my house, there was a home invasion. The fortunate thing about it is one of the home invaders was killed, the other seriously injured. The man had just bought a .22 for his wife.

Just year before last I was assaulted as I left work at the gas station I was attendant of.

Before that there was a man that stopped to use a telephone literally just down from my house and he was killed for (And I kid you not) a single dollar and a pocket watch.

Two of the three scenarios could have been avoided...
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the invite
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    raven: TN represent!

*fist bump*

And yes, thanks to kata for the invite!
  • ravenlaramie
    Options
    *fist bump* lol

And agreed- thank you for the invite! It's greatly appreciated.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    "It is really disconcerting to log onto a health and fitness site and see a thread about guns. With pictures of guns. I know it's not the first thread on this subject, and it won't be the last, but urgh"

My guns are a fitness tools;
    Because I have them I can get fresh meat when I go hunting. I carry my hunting gear with me as I go hiking through the snow and sage grass carrying a 15 pound pack and 7 pound rifle. If I successfully harvest an animal I will have to field process the animal and hike it out, adding anywhere from few pounds to a few hundred pounds to the many miles back to camp.
    Because I want to be a good shot, I will practice my skills. This will require me to hike into an area where I can safely and responsible discharge my weapons. I will carry in and haul out all my required gear and trash {plus some additional I pick-up along the way, leave the area better than you found it}. This usually means that I am bringing in targets; water; weapons and ammo. I have lightened the load a few times and only brought-in a compound bow, but still you are talking about 30 pounds of equipment.
    I will not get into the strength training that I do cleaning the weapons.

As for why the topic got locked; Per Tom it boils down to "Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion.
    So I think everytime a topic is opened that is not all inclusive we should e-mail Tom and ask him to lock it based on his own words.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    So I think everytime a topic is opened that is not all inclusive we should e-mail Tom and ask him to lock it based on his own words.

If we did that we would be acting childish and stooping to the level of the babies that got the original thread locked. So, count me in. :bigsmile: