Prenatals???

Options
So I was just curious if anyone includes their prenatal vitamins in their diary? I was just curious and looked up mine, and the DHA one alone will add 10 calories to my day. Should I be adding them then?

Replies

• RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I don't because they really are negligible. I use the Target (Up & Up) prenatal vitamin, which I haven't looked at for calories, and Expecta Lipil DHA supplement, which I believe has 5. Maybe it's 10, and I'm just remembering it wrong. But I'm not going to bother logging for 10 calories, the same way I would never bother to log a glass of Crystal Light or a piece of sugarless gum. It's not like I'm having several a day and not logging (which adds up).

Plus it would tip off my non-pregnant MFP friends who might look at my diary - they don't know yet!
  • abitzan
    abitzan Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I don't add in the 10 calories.
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I do, but it's more so as a reminder to take them. I'm not as bad now, but I used to be TERRIBLE for remembering them, even though I have them in a little pill container with all of the days of the week, and I leave it sitting on an obvious spot on the kitchen counter.
  • cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I do because it helps me keep track of taking them. Also, I keep track of my iron and calcium intake
  • howdeelightful
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I was going to start counting it after we announced the good news, but now I'm not going to. What's 10 calories, right? :smile:
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I do because I track my calcium and iron intake from them plus food throughout the day.
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I do because it helps me keep track of taking them. Also, I keep track of my iron and calcium intake

Yes, I forgot about this. I also track my calcium. I eat yogourt and cheese, but plain milk upsets my stomach (unless it's heated in a latte, etc, for some reason?) so I like to make sure I'm getting enough.
  • Jillsie11
    Jillsie11 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I don't add it. I also don't add coffee/coffee creamer, or gum. I feel like there's some things that should just be "free" ya know?? And I'm 35 weeks and haven't gained over what I should- so don't be afraid!:)
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options

Yes, I forgot about this. I also track my calcium. I eat yogourt and cheese, but plain milk upsets my stomach (unless it's heated in a latte, etc, for some reason?) so I like to make sure I'm getting enough.

Good point!
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I don't, but really just don't think about it.
  • rabbit__food
    rabbit__food Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I just started to. It helps me to remember to take them! lol