How to Set up Goals for Phase 1

Options
Hi
I assume we'd have to set up custom goals for each Phase of South Beach to see how if we're following the plan as we enter info in our diaries?
Has anyone worked out what the settings should be?
Or can you point me to a good reference?
Just starting this group a couple days late.
Saw a nutritionist yesterday and she recommended South Beach.
I'm at work now, but I'll be contributing more later.
Thanks,

Replies

• ErnestinesMom
    Options
    First of all, Chance, welcome to the group. But I am not sure I understand your question.

Goals...ultimate weight loss goal? Is that what you mean?

Phase 1, I am just trying to get all the cravings out of the way so I can concentrate on eating basically clean. The less sugar in my body, the better I feel. The weight will just naturally come off, cuz the calories have been cut back so much.

I did Phase one once before...in 2008...and truthfully, I never stressed over it...I just did it and lost about 9 pounds...something like that. I would be thrilled with a five pound loss during these two weeks on P1.

More imporantly, the pain associated with degenerative osteo arthritis in both of my knees decreased so much that it allowed me to get through my day with a lot less pain. It also opened the door for more opportunities for exercise since I was not in pain.

Now a big part of my problem of why I do not exercise is that I have gotten lazy :huh: :noway: :blushing: . Working to change that around.

Hope something in there answers your question.
  • KimberErin
    KimberErin Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I think if you know how to switch it to this, the settings should be around 40 carbs 30 protein 30 sugars... or something like that... just watch your sugar and carb intake. it should be little to none. Good luck!
  • chancegardner
    chancegardner Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks Erin,
    That's what I was looking for :smile:
    I know everyone's weight loss goal is different, Ernestine's Mom.
    I need to lose A LOT - but baby steps, right?
    TTYL
  • ErnestinesMom
    Options
    I think if you know how to switch it to this, the settings should be around 40 carbs 30 protein 30 sugars... or something like that... just watch your sugar and carb intake. it should be little to none. Good luck!

LOL...thanks KE..I obviously was waaaaaaaaaay off base...and outta the loop.
  • ErnestinesMom
    Options
    I will say that sugars are not going to be accurate...cuz yogurt and milk all have milk sugars (as well as onions and tomatoes--off the top of my head) ... and will show up on your chart or macros (is that the right term)...

ADDED sugar is what we are staying away from.

Once we get to add fruit (as well as starchy veggies, name sweet potatoes)...there is more sugar...so the big thing SB has going for it is to eliminate ADDED sugar as much as possible.

The end. :bigsmile:
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Hi, there !

You got your answers already ...... I just wanted to say hi & welcome to this little corner of the world ...... I think you'll have a great time & learn a lot, too :drinker:

Mary Ann