What is your Protein Factor?

Options
jilliew
jilliew Posts: 255 Member
...and are you meeting it? Just curious!

Mine is 142g. When my coach first told me this, I'm pretty sure I swore at her, and asked how one is expected to eat that much! But it's not actually turning out that bad! I think I hit or go over most days.

Anyway, how about you?

Replies

• faband50ish
    Options
    My protein factor is 100 gm and most days I hit between 90-100. It can be kind of challenging to meet the protein number and stay within my calories.
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Mine is about 145. I usually go over it. I wasn't sure about it, either, when I first began. Adding the PDM really helped me. Plus, as I learned what foods had protein in them, I ate more of those. :)
  • Marne53
    Marne53 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Mine is 100. When my coach told me that I was like a lot of you...shocked. We set it up for 5 meals and it is going better. I bought the personal protein powder right away. 5 grams only works if I'm close. I will add it to apple sauce or pudding (both low fat). Most of my protein comes for chicken. Marne
  • CeeJourney
    CeeJourney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My protein factor is 125g and I'm so NOT meeting it!!! HELP ME :noway:
  • jilliew
    jilliew Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Are you adding extra protein to your shakes? It's pretty easy to hit 125g if you are... If you open your diary we can help more!
  • cgonz2sh
    Options
    Mine is 111-136. :happy:
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    145 and I get close!
  • exostan
    exostan Posts: 38
    Options
    Mines 113. I've been hitting 100 the last few days but today I had a protein bar so I should be meeting that! It's a bit high on the cals for the amount of protein though...tomorrow I'm gonna snack on greek yogurt instead