• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Pre-ordered just now.

FYI: In the UK, it isn't out yet :P
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    OK...the game is by far, better than part 1. The dialogue is halarious. You know exactly who the villan is right away. The weapons are super weak at first, but start collecting steam as you go. The side quests tie into the first game nicely. You also learn a lot more of the characters from the first game. You also have to use an item and it tells you why the new characters are on Pandora. If you play with people, make sure that they play like yoe. Meaning, if you like exploring and looting, find people who will do the same. I played with a group of four. 3 of us wanted to explore, one ****head wanted to shoot everything. It didn't help with our story progression as we didn't know wtf is going on. If you don't give a crap, blow everything up. The bosses are bad though. Halarious as well. Awesome sequal. OH!!! If you have a BL1 saved in your system, you get extra goodies.
  • jamesdelong
    jamesdelong Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I pre-ordered the game and extra dlc but wont pick it up until Friday. I lost many hours of sleep when 1 came out. I need my rest this week. ;)
  • Antonia2501
    Antonia2501 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    This game kicks ax so far. I am so stoked and love the detail that they put into this one. Everything that the first one lacked this one makes up for. The story line Rocks and I love getting to know the info on the characters in this game. I agree that the weapons in the beginning weren't up to par but they are getting better and better. I am getting used to this one and can tell it is going to rock. My boyfriend got the Vault Hunters Edition and its pretty sweet! Honestly I want to leave work and go play it right now.... oh and I agree, make sure you play it with people that are like you. I am a total looter and it would suck to get hurried along lol

Antonia2501-xbox360 Add me
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    This game kicks ax so far. I am so stoked and love the detail that they put into this one. Everything that the first one lacked this one makes up for. The story line Rocks and I love getting to know the info on the characters in this game. I agree that the weapons in the beginning weren't up to par but they are getting better and better. I am getting used to this one and can tell it is going to rock. My boyfriend got the Vault Hunters Edition and its pretty sweet! Honestly I want to leave work and go play it right now.... oh and I agree, make sure you play it with people that are like you. I am a total looter and it would suck to get hurried along lol

Yep this game kicks *kitten*, the menus are so much improved! The shooting feels better too!

I want to go home!
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options

That's how I feel too, would much rather be home listening to claptrap yammer on about whatever. Oh the jokes. I'm really enjoying 2 ... it's been a lot of fun so far. Haven't gotten very far, but it's still fun. :)

steam - lexagon80
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options

Yep this game kicks *kitten*, the menus are so much improved! The shooting feels better too!

I want to go home!

Yep all this, plus the gameplay just feels more solid, the way the characters run and aim with the weapons, the sway the weapons make upon firing, and ofc the baddies - i love the way they move, so much more fluid and random!
    Oh, and the dialogue? I'm only level 6 and I already have a love-hate on for handsome jack... Butt-Stallion lmao!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Digging it so far, can't wait for work to end so I can progress the story further

If any of you are playing on PSN add me drmerc
  • Gilbrod
    Options
    Digging it so far, can't wait for work to end so I can progress the story further

If any of you are playing on PSN add me drmerc

Look for an invite from Gilbrod..

One of the best lines from Handsome Jack so far when confronting Helena Price...

HJ: Look lady. I was raised to face the people who are talking to me

HP: I'm Helena Price. I am the.....

HJ: Whoa whoa whoa. Did you make out with a belt sander or something?!

LMAO!!!!!!!!
  • malicent
    Options
    I have the first one and loved it. I really want to play it but I'm waiting to get like a good friend or group to play it with. Also, I just preordered the Dead or Alive 5 Collector's Edition.. so that's where my money went to instead. I figure I'll pick up BL2 when the price drops. Have fun guys.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Man, it is pretty delightful. I'm not a loot-lovin'-gamer, so the first one didn't have as much joy for me past first playthrough, but this one is really balanced out for all gamer types.
  • nixerific
    nixerific Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've played about 5 hours but because of work and homework I haven't had too much time. This weekend though, oh god I can't wait.

We should come up with some kind of workout to go with borderlands. Like before every gun chest 10 jumping jacks. Every quest completed 5 push-ups. lol
  • Gilbrod
    Options
    I've played about 5 hours but because of work and homework I haven't had too much time. This weekend though, oh god I can't wait.

We should come up with some kind of workout to go with borderlands. Like before every gun chest 10 jumping jacks. Every quest completed 5 push-ups. lol

HOLY *kitten* THAT'S BRILLIANT!!!! Get a Badass point, do ten burpies. The bigger the achievement, the harder the exercise set!!
  • Erica_G2012
    Options
    Yes I pre-ordered and got my golden key... and then didn't even realize when I used it... *le sigh*. I'm loving it. My plans for tonight are co-op game with my husband on Borderlands 2 until we can't stay awake any longer!

My XBL is Rashenbo for anyone that wants to friend up.

Cheers!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I did it

2012-09-23_17-55-34_122.jpg
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I did it

I hate you! it always just goes to 2 borderland logos and then a random for me! I've spent all the money I have made in the game on those damn things!
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Played about 25 hours so far, amazing game, so much more fleshed out than the first one. I spend a boatload of time in Moxxi's at the slots.

Pro-Tip: If you tip her, you'll have better luck on the slots usually, and if you tip her enough you'll get an achievement, a Bad *kitten* point, and eventually she'll start giving you weapons. I find that at around lvl 20, I started making more money that I could use (think I'm sitting on around $35k right now), so I just tip her $10k and use the slots til I get down to around $5k, then I go out and run more quests.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    There's a slot machine out in the wastes somewhere which is a bit cheaper to play and seems to have better odds. If you hit three bandits though, it lobs a live grenade at you.
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    There's a slot machine out in the wastes somewhere which is a bit cheaper to play and seems to have better odds. If you hit three bandits though, it lobs a live grenade at you.

Happened to me for the first time yesterday ... cracked me up! Was fun though got a couple decent guns.
  • Gilbrod
    Options
    I did it

Unlike escaflowne, I don't hate you. But, what did you get?