What day/level is everyone on?

Options
SaraSapp
SaraSapp Posts: 26 Member
Good morning my 30DS friends! I completed Level 1 Day 8 this morning. It's getting much easier. The squats with the shoulder presses and the side lunges with the arm raises are still super tough for me. And I'm still doing the modified pushups, but at least I can get through both sets without stopping. Also, my dog has finally realized I'm serious about this and has stopped attacking me with kisses when I get on the floor for the ab parts :)

I am getting pretty nervous to move up to the next level in 2 days!! I originally planned to not retake my measurements until the end of the 30 days, but I snuck a quick measurement of my waist and have lost an inch and a half. That's enough motivation for me to keep pushing on!

How is everyone else doing? What day/level are you on?

Wishing everyone the best! We've got this!!

Replies

• mssoulrebel_77
    Options
    I had to hit pause on 30DS for a couple days. I've had a brutal head cold since Tuesday. I plan on working out through weekends to catch back up. May or may not try to knock it out tonight - but honestly I'm leaning towards not. I was up through day 6.

On a side personal note - I've been dating someone for 3 1/2 months now (which is a VERY big deal for me... after an abusive marriage 5 years ago I haven't dated anyone longer than 3 months - guess you could say I'm super sensitive to red flags now haha). But my new guy has been AWESOME while I've been sick... dropped off some soup/cold meds/vit c and tissues to me on tuesday, as well as a box of legos for my 6 year old son to keep him occupied so I could rest. Then he came over, cleaned up my house, and made us all dinner. Came over again last night and did the same thing. He's also been super supportive of me with the whole weight loss thing and using MFP, and has even changed some of his eating/drinking habits to help out. I am one VERY blessed lady!

I know they say you shouldn't strive to lose weight for other people, but he's a huge part of my motivation. I WANT to be someone he can be proud of :)
  • SamEriksson
    Options
    I will be doing day 9 level 1 a bit later today. I'm still not doing jumping jacks nor jump ropes, I don't care what Jillian says about 400lbs people doing them - I have no intention of busting my knees again. Instead I'm doing knee lifts or other low impact moves that are easier on my knees.
    My favorite part is when we move on to do chest flies because then I know that it's coming to an end. However, the joy is short lived because then we have to do the horrible side lunges with arm raises (up to the eyes!). :)

I should be moving on to level 2 on Monday. I just quickly watched level 2 and it looked tough, but not impossible. I think I'm going to hate the word 'plank'.

Sara - now you made me miss my new puppy. She lives at home at my parents' place while I'm away studying at uni.

Edit: Realized I'm actually on day 9 and not 8. :)
  • SaraSapp
    Options
    I had to hit pause on 30DS for a couple days. I've had a brutal head cold since Tuesday. I plan on working out through weekends to catch back up. May or may not try to knock it out tonight - but honestly I'm leaning towards not. I was up through day 6.

On a side personal note - I've been dating someone for 3 1/2 months now (which is a VERY big deal for me... after an abusive marriage 5 years ago I haven't dated anyone longer than 3 months - guess you could say I'm super sensitive to red flags now haha). But my new guy has been AWESOME while I've been sick... dropped off some soup/cold meds/vit c and tissues to me on tuesday, as well as a box of legos for my 6 year old son to keep him occupied so I could rest. Then he came over, cleaned up my house, and made us all dinner. Came over again last night and did the same thing. He's also been super supportive of me with the whole weight loss thing and using MFP, and has even changed some of his eating/drinking habits to help out. I am one VERY blessed lady!

I know they say you shouldn't strive to lose weight for other people, but he's a huge part of my motivation. I WANT to be someone he can be proud of :)

Good for you with the new beau! Does he have a single brother near KC? :) Hang in there with the 30DS. It'll probably be tough getting back in to it since you've had to take a break, but I've got faith in you!
  • Montegue42
    Options
    Technically, I am on L1D7, but I don't aim to do it everyday....because I'm weak. Ahaahahahaha, really I just work too much for it to be sane.
  • kizzymason
    Options
    I'm on LV1D1 and it's was such a rush. I did pretty good for the first day and plan on doing it straight through. I need to commit to something regarding my weight lost and I think I've found it. I will check back from time to time to update you all on my progress. Happy Shredding!!!!
  • mjhedgehog
    mjhedgehog Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Im on day 8 and I moved up to level 2 today because lvl 1 was becoming a tad boring. yeah....I hate planks. :grumble:
  • Time4NUME
    Time4NUME Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Day 9 level 1 and kicking my butt...
  • brbetha01
    brbetha01 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 15, level 2. It's getting a little easier but is still a butt kicker. Hopefully I'll be at a point in five more days where I can move up to level 3. I really dislike level 2... lol - not 100% sure why - but it's not as fun as level 1. Hoping level 3 will be better.

And I had the same problem with my pup but luckly, he likes to go outside since it is cool in the mornings and stays out for almost the entire workout.
  • sarah1334
    sarah1334 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I just finished Level 2 Day 5 or 6, I don't really keep track... It's still tough but definitely getting easier! I'll probably try to move up to Level 3 next week sometime. I think my arms are getting less jiggly, but maybe it's just wishful thinking... :)

And does anyone else feel like Jillian totally favors Natalie and hates Anita? Hah.
  • SaraSapp
    Options
    I just finished Level 2 Day 5 or 6, I don't really keep track... It's still tough but definitely getting easier! I'll probably try to move up to Level 3 next week sometime. I think my arms are getting less jiggly, but maybe it's just wishful thinking... :)

And does anyone else feel like Jillian totally favors Natalie and hates Anita? Hah.

This just made me giggle because I totally thought the same thing! I feel like she uses Natalie as an example more and she's like "Anita is doing the modified moves, whoopy." (pretend I used a snotty, winey voice for that) :smile:
  • sarah1334
    sarah1334 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    This just made me giggle because I totally thought the same thing! I feel like she uses Natalie as an example more and she's like "Anita is doing the modified moves, whoopy." (pretend I used a snotty, winey voice for that) :smile:

Hahah YES! "Let's look at NATALIE over here! Isn't she AMAZINGGG?!"
  • SamEriksson
    Options
    In "Killer Buns and Thighs" it's the same girls and Jillian hardly speaks to Anita, at least not in level 1, it's all about Natalie. Jillian also says that she doesn't want any comments on Twitter about the girls - I think she's referring to the moment in 30DS level 1 when you see Natalie cheating.
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Level 2 Day 4 (Day 14 overall) today!

And I measured myself and have lost an inch from my stomach. Woop!

Level 2 is hurting my shoulders and collarbone...Probably a good thing. Damn planks.
  • brbetha01
    brbetha01 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    In "Killer Buns and Thighs" it's the same girls and Jillian hardly speaks to Anita, at least not in level 1, it's all about Natalie. Jillian also says that she doesn't want any comments on Twitter about the girls - I think she's referring to the moment in 30DS level 1 when you see Natalie cheating.

Haha, that is so funny.
  • emmarie1630
    emmarie1630 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm late in joining this group but I could always use the motivation. :) I just finished day 14 (level 2 day 4) today. It's great to see everyone on here supporting each other! Keep it up!
  • lauralogan2010
    lauralogan2010 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm still on Level 1.. between having a cold, being out of town, and being a lazy girl I have missed a lot of days, but I am back on track now. A little behind, but I'm going to keep on keeping on. :)

Sounds like everyone is doing wonderfully! Keep up the good work!!
  • mssoulrebel_77
    Options
    I'm still on Level 1.. between having a cold, being out of town, and being a lazy girl I have missed a lot of days, but I am back on track now. A little behind, but I'm going to keep on keeping on. :)

Sounds like everyone is doing wonderfully! Keep up the good work!!

No worries Laura - there are a few of us stragglers who are right there with you! I missed this morning - wanted to get some extra sleep (STILL fighting this congestion and it SUCKS)... but planning on finishing up day 8 of level 1 tonight. Will start level 2 on Friday. Do you know what day you are on level 1?
  • mssoulrebel_77
    Options
    I'm late in joining this group but I could always use the motivation. :) I just finished day 14 (level 2 day 4) today. It's great to see everyone on here supporting each other! Keep it up!

Soooo glad you decided to jump in and join - sounds like you're pretty much right there where most everyone else is.

I've REALLY enjoyed this group - it's definitely helped to keep me motivated :-)
  • kikiallain
    kikiallain Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    First day of level 2 tonight... so scared to see what it's gonna be like!! I really do have to get back it for a good 5-6 times a week. I'm worried i'll have done all this work andbecause of my slacking days it won't have as much of a difference in my body!! I say after 5 days of level 2 i'll do my mid-way pictures. Hopefully they'll be a little of a difference!! I know that I won't be able to do the shred on friday-saturday since we'll be away on a little shopping trip but I should be able to do it tonight, thursday and sunday!!
  • kikiallain
    kikiallain Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Good morning my 30DS friends! I completed Level 1 Day 8 this morning. It's getting much easier. The squats with the shoulder presses and the side lunges with the arm raises are still super tough for me. And I'm still doing the modified pushups, but at least I can get through both sets without stopping. Also, my dog has finally realized I'm serious about this and has stopped attacking me with kisses when I get on the floor for the ab parts :)

I am getting pretty nervous to move up to the next level in 2 days!! I originally planned to not retake my measurements until the end of the 30 days, but I snuck a quick measurement of my waist and have lost an inch and a half. That's enough motivation for me to keep pushing on!

How is everyone else doing? What day/level are you on?

Wishing everyone the best! We've got this!!

I think my dog finally realised that too!! She still sometimes comes and gives me nice kisses at the very end and cleans out my sweat from my legs when i'm stretching but definitely not as bad as before!!