Hey Losers

Options
You may know me by my other name-Gumdrop. Not too active on the forums, especially lately, but I'm there lurking. Watching. Waiting. Scheming.
Ahem.
What do you guys say we start this thing? What are you here for? How much do you want to lose? Why here?
I'll start:

I've heard good things about this site, and once I saw the forum thread, thought I'd give it a shot. I'd like to get down to 150 (again). I am hovering between 190 and (gulp) 200. I don't know what I'll do if I hit 200. Burning things might be involved. I've done the tracking thing, the Weight Watchers thing, etc. The only thing that's actually worked in the past was The Army. And then I broke myself. The end.

Replies

• donnathedead
    Options
    I'm here because I gained all the weight I lost last year. I gained it back because I don't have a job and sit around crafting all day in depression. So I'm going at it again. I've been a fatty all my life, so it's not easy for me to lose weight on normal diets. I unfortunately have to spend money, I don't have, on medifast. The only way I've ever lost weight was with pre portioned foods and exercise. Diets like atkins, cabbage soup, weight watchers, and even trying vegan never shed a pound off my sexy fat. So here I am, needing to lose a couple of tons.
    And at least you can balance a wine glass on your tummy while watching doctor who. My tummy would eat it. It's kinda like Homer Simpson, if it's poked, it doesn't stop jiggling.
  • tisane42
    tisane42 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Who I am on the forums should be pretty obvious. This is an ID I only use for weight loss type stuff.

I am large. Not at all in charge. I'm still not sure how, but I'm 5' tall and reached 225. I think my lowest weight as an adult was 125...that's just barely not "overweight" for my height, but I'm sort of stocky and large-chested.

I was put on some psych meds I didn't need and some I needed, and one made me pile on 10 pounds a month.

I've made peace with my body -- it is what it is, and if I can't find clothes that fit me or anyone who wants to date me, that's the world's problem. Part of why I wanted to start a Regretsy group on here is that many people here kinda scare me. They're veering into eating disorder territory, or are already there. Or, even worse, they're boring as hell.

Anyway, I started working out and to increase my stamina and awesomeness and changed my diet to deal with insulin resistance. I fell a ton better now, and I've dropped some weight. I'm using this site more for nutrient tracking than for weight loss, but I've found it effective for both.
  • taberareru
    Options
    I've put on 40lbs in the last year or so, lost muscle tone, and lowered stamina. Most of my clothes don't fit anymore, I can't afford new stuff, and it makes me want to cry.

I'm here to change that.
  • OMGitsaLisa
    Options
    I'm OMGitsaLisa on the forums. I made it to my heaviest weight ever not too long ago (285 and I'm 5'4") and I was about to have to start wearing 3x shirts and that simply won't do. I've been huge all my life and I have PCOS so I have a lot working against me. If I could just get back down to 200, I would feel a million times better. That's the lowest I've ever been in my adult life. I can't even conceive of a thin me because it's simply never existed. I just want to be less fat.
  • voxwoman
    Options
    Hi. Princess Buzzkill Crying Glitter Eagle here. I got bored with sparkpeople and this place also has food tracker apps for my phone and tablet so it's cool.

I want to lose the baby weight, especially now that the baby is over 18 and in college.

I've dropped 22 pounds since the beginning of the year, but I've been stuck hovering between 200-205 for the past three months (since I stopped tracking calories and exercizing).

My goal weight is 145 and I'd also like to get more active (i.e. return to my yoga practice and use the treadmill for more than a shoe rack).
  • jehembee
    Options
    Hey, I'm Jeh on the forums, though I haven't been around as much. I started on this site back in March, and loved it. I started at 180 pounds and am now at 150, with a goal of about 135-140 depending on how many inches I lose.

Right now I just do cardio at the gym, but this weekend I plan on starting a weight lifting routine, so we shall see how that goes.
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    Sooooo I started at about 171 lbs in March/April here. After 6 months of working out and not logging, I was not losing. As soon as I started logging, the scale started moving. It was like magic.

Anyways, I am down almost 20 pounds. It's great. I have started running and strength training which I do think has helped a lot. Also, cutting my carbs down a bit and upping my protien.

If you are new to this site, please bear this in mind. It does not know a lot of things. There are a few good posts in the forums about how to do things that have put things into perspective for me. I am going to go find them and post them.

ETA: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Seriously read it and try it out if you hit a road block.
  • mycatbutters
    mycatbutters Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    amiracle on the forums

I've lost 30 lbs so far. Many more to go. I've been pleased with how 'easy' it's been. I've been able to avoid for the most part the weird OMG EAT ALL THE THINGS moods that helped get me here. I keep telling myself, ok I don't need junk food today because when Christmas comes I will eat all the things, lol. I would love to lose another 20 lbs by Christmas. I know it's a lot but I'm bigger than the average bear. :) I haven't really been exercising. That extra 30 lbs really zapped my energy. Now that they are gone I think I can last a little bit longer physically.

My lifesaver has been cucumbers. Sliced up cold and crunchy really alleviates my desire to grap a bag of chips or the like and camp in front of the tv.
  • tisane42
    tisane42 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I really struggle to get more protein. I eat mostly vegetarian.
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    I can see that tisane! I was having a hard time getting "enough" protein and I eat meat! I have to eat so much of it.
  • taberareru
    Options
    I'm usually over my protein goal, but I do things like eat peanut butter right out of the jar. Might be a good way to meet your goal, as long as you're willing to work off the extra calories and aren't allergic to it.
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    Stuff like eggs, cheese, greek yogurt and cottage cheese help too! I just had to replace most of my carbs with protein-y snacks.
  • ahhhneedaname
    Options
    I'm here because I don't want to look pregnant anymore. I've gained back all the weight I've ever lost and want to get back down under 200.

I'm ERNERDERNERM on the forums.
  • HisHuskerGirl
    HisHuskerGirl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am here because I have a really active toddler and I can no longer keep up with her. I don't want to be Fat Mom.

I am currently 268 lbs. (This doesn't even seem like a real number when I type it)
    I would like to get to 150. Being five foot nothing, this is still considered "heavy" but I have been 150 before and I found it to be pretty good for my body type (German, built like a fire hydrant)

So yeah. I'm looking for motivation, for people to say "**** that, don't eat that muffin!" or "well hell, eat it but get on the treadmill tonight!"

Later this week I am joining the Y. Since my daughter is now in Head Start 4 mornings a week, and 2 of those mornings I don't work, I am hoping to get into some kind of schedule where I drop her off at 8:15, run to the Y and work my fat *kitten* off for an hour or so, relax and drink a smoothie or some ****, and then pick her up at 11:30.

ETA: Really MTP? Editing out the F word and the S word...but not "*kitten*". Funny!