Protein & Carbs

Options
I haven't always ate the way I diabetic should. About a month or so ago I started to change that. I'm eating a lot of protein becuase I am still healing from a complication due to diabetes. How many carbs & Protein is everyone else eating? I'm kind of curious compared to where im sitting at.

Replies

• Chandra_W
    Chandra_W Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I don't count my protein, but my typically meals range with carbs from 25 (simple breakfast bars at work) -120 (meals out). Lunch is around 65-85, and dinner can also be around there, but I try to make my lunch the biggest meal of the day.

I try not to eat more than 120 carbs, no reason, I just don't want to eat TONS of carbs.

Also, I hope I'm remembering correctly, but protein will eventually turn into carbs, so if you're eating a LOT of protein, make sure you're testing hours out, or using dual wave functions if you're on a pump.

Good luck trying to change the way you eat. I'm doing the same thing (years of being angry and depressed at my diabetes is taking it's toll on me and I'm trying to change it...), and it sucks. But, I get a very gratifying feeling when I eat a meal that used to make my blood sugars go into the 300s, and see they're still under 200 (may be 190, but still under 200!).