Week 4 (22nd Sept)

Options

Replies

• cs821
    cs821 Posts: 48
    Options
    100 Workout, sorry never heard of this? Does this mean we do every exercise you listed each day? Or we pick and choose any of the exercises listed as long as you total 100?

Example if I do:

50 lunges with bicep curls
    30 butt kicks
    20 Push ups
    =100

??

I googled the 100 workout and it says the exercises have to add up to 100reps.
    So u can pick from the list right?!?
  • cs821
    Options
    I think circuit is probably the best way to log these exercises.:smile:

hello how are you? I also would like to know this, if it takes 20 minutes to do all exercises is that 20 minutes circuit and do we takes rests inbetween like they do in a class xx

Definitely take rests in between, if you list the exercises individually it won't calculate calorie consumption for the "strength" exercises, if you are ok with this than list them individually. I personally won't record this as a circuit, because I'm waiting for my HRM to calculate calories properly, but everyone is different.
    :smile:
  • christinechipchase
    Options
    I think circuit is probably the best way to log these exercises.:smile:

hello how are you? I also would like to know this, if it takes 20 minutes to do all exercises is that 20 minutes circuit and do we takes rests inbetween like they do in a class xx

Definitely take rests in between, if you list the exercises individually it won't calculate calorie consumption for the "strength" exercises, if you are ok with this than list them individually. I personally won't record this as a circuit, because I'm waiting for my HRM to calculate calories properly, but everyone is different.
    :smile:
    hi thanks for the replies :flowerforyou: I have a HRM should I use that for it, I have only used it for walking xxx
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of adding up the time I spend on it throughout the day and logging it under Circuit when I'm done so I can keep track of it. I won't eat those calories though since I don't think it would be accurate.

Edit to add: Thanks for the response about how to log it :smile:
  • emilye72
    emilye72 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This looks like a great challenge for the week! I like these exercises! I didn't do good with video one, but this I know I can do!!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,292 Member
    Options
    I'm sooo ready for this challenge! :drinker: :drinker:
  • cjvvus
    cjvvus Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    wow that is quite a challenge . I'm gonna give it my best shot. So all those exercises have to be completed each day of the challenge? That is how I am understanding it.
  • Andreake08
    Andreake08 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    wow that is quite a challenge . I'm gonna give it my best shot. So all those exercises have to be completed each day of the challenge? That is how I am understanding it.

I'm understanding it this way as well... :) can someone please clarify? :D

I'll do my best anyway... :D
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Wish someone would carify also, as today's the first day of the challenge and few seem to know what we are doing.
  • cuteredhead_501
    Options
    I am joining this challenge, however this will be my 1st week, not sure if i will be able to complete the exercise, but i am 1/2 way to my water goal for the day :)
  • usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Last week I was on a bike ride going down a steep dip in the trail at the bottom there is a fence and barrier, long story short, I went flying into the fence my face is a bit of a mess, suspected broken finger, cuts & bruises on left side of my body and a badly bruised sternum - so exercise is out for me, I don't want to leave the challenge, so I'm going to do the water / food parts only - for what the nurse said it could take 4-6 weeks for my sternum to fully heel, it hurts to breathe - I have been resting but it's driving me nuts, I haven't been out of the house my face is drooped (fluid) and I have a cut where I impacted the fence. I'm not going out until it heels so that will be a good couple of days yet!

I've had too many treats the last few days, my OH was talking to me today and he says because I'm not able to exercise I need to tighten up my diet, he's right. I'm going to give the walk away the pounds dvd a go on Monday.

The good thing was the nurse said I was fit and very slim (I'd nearly hit goal) but I'm not going on the scale as I've had medicinal wine most nights as well as crap food.
  • kerryjudson
    kerryjudson Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I thought this challenge looked a lot but I’ve split it into 4 circuits and its only taken me 20 minutes and burnt off 104 calories. I combined the squats and fist punches and used 2 x 1L water bottles as weights for the bicep curls.
    This is what I broke it down into

Circuits 1 and 2
    20 x jumping jacks
    20 x twist jumps
    20 x squat and fist punches
    20 x lunge and bicep curl (10 each leg)
    10 x push-ups (from my knees)
    10 x leg lifts
    20 x crunches

Circuit 3
    20 x jumping jacks
    20 x twist jumps
    10 x lunge and bicep curl (5 each leg)
    10 x leg lifts
    30 x crunches

Circuit 4
    20 x jumping jacks
    10 x twist jumps
    20 x jumping jacks
    10 x squat and fist punches
    10 x squats
    20 x crunches
    10 x leg lifts
    10 x bicycle crunches

in hindsight tomorrow i'll put the bicycle crunches on circuit 1 as my stomach muscles really felt it
  • christinechipchase
    Options
    Hello I did 1 circuit of everything in the order shown, It took me 20 mins including rests and I burned 90 calories.. I really enjoyed it, I might increase it to two circuits mid week and then three by the end. :) xxx
  • kerryjudson
    kerryjudson Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    uh-oh i missed off the 30 butt kicks, will add them on to tomorrows.

well done christinechip on doing them in order - i cant do 100 jumping jacks in a row lol
  • tracy9301
    tracy9301 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Was really confused when I first looked at this.

100 Workout

100 jumping jacks
    easy
    90 crunches
    painfull but easy
    80 squats
    fun and easy
    70 Twist jumps
    painful but done
    60 fist punches
    thought about punching ex, fun
    50 lunges with bicep curls
    easy
    40 leg lifts
    fun and easy
    30 butt kicks
    ouch, but done
    20 Push ups
    painful but easy
    10 bicycle crunches
    ouch my back, but done

lol I had to goggle most of them. I was doing them, but did not know the names of them. Gonna be a very hot momma soon.
  • christinechipchase
    Options
    uh-oh i missed off the 30 butt kicks, will add them on to tomorrows.

well done christinechip on doing them in order - i cant do 100 jumping jacks in a row lol
    Thank you, It wasn't easy stopped at 50 for 10 seconds and then carried on xx
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,292 Member
    Options
    I thought we only had tto do a combintion of 100 exercisies! Boy, was I WRONG, lol! :sad:
  • cs821
    Options
    Okay so I did a combo of 100 exercises, Charlottina can you please clarify as I really don't know if I'm doing it right or not? :embarassed: :huh: :cry:
  • sassieatl
    sassieatl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Okay...I can dig this week challenges. Last week with the friuts and vegs; negative on my end. Just was constantly busy this week. Love the water and really think the 100 workout will be good. I'm going to have to look several up. Good Luck everyone :drinker:
  • checof
    checof Posts: 114
    Options
    I thought this challenge looked a lot but I’ve split it into 4 circuits and its only taken me 20 minutes and burnt off 104 calories. I combined the squats and fist punches and used 2 x 1L water bottles as weights for the bicep curls.
    This is what I broke it down into

Circuits 1 and 2
    20 x jumping jacks
    20 x twist jumps
    20 x lunge and bicep curl (10 each leg)
    10 x push-ups (from my knees)
    10 x leg lifts
    20 x crunches

Circuit 3
    20 x jumping jacks
    20 x twist jumps
    10 x lunge and bicep curl (5 each leg)
    10 x leg lifts
    30 x crunches

Circuit 4
    20 x jumping jacks
    10 x twist jumps
    20 x jumping jacks
    10 x squat and fist punches
    10 x squats
    20 x crunches
    10 x leg lifts
    10 x bicycle crunches

in hindsight tomorrow i'll put the bicycle crunches on circuit 1 as my stomach muscles really felt it

This is great, thanks so much for sharing. I'll do these same circuits. I had no idea where to start when I saw the list. XD