Help!!!

Options
NewAngel35
NewAngel35 Posts: 182 Member
Hey am new to this group. I am not really a 100% on what intermittent fasting is. I do like to fast.Can anybody give me a quick run down of how to start? .what it is and how it works??.Any successes??.I am very interested in this.I joined EM2WL.It ain't for me!.
I would appreciate some help thanks..(i have 10-14lbs to loose..I am fit love working out..I am 5ft5 and 138lbs at present)

Angel

Replies

• LeggyAmericanGirl
    LeggyAmericanGirl Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Well how I do it is. I fast bout 16-18 hours between meals and then eat.
  • shelbyweeeee
    shelbyweeeee Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I generally try to eat only between 3-9pm. That's what works best for my lifestyle.

If this is what you are looking to try, you need to make sure that you are able to eat all your calories in a shorter time frame. If you can't do this, for whatever reason..,. then IF may not be for you.

You can also check out the Intermittent Fasting group - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/66-intermittent-fasting

You will find different methods and others experience with it.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Read the FAQs for the Intermittent Fasting Group, which someone else just posted.

I do a mild version a few times a week. I don't eat after dinner for 14 hours, which means I usually have my first meal around 12:30 p.m. (I often eat late at night.) During the fast portion, I drink black tea or coffee, water, and chew sugarless gum.
  • AKbluedragonfly
    AKbluedragonfly Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I try to limit my eating window and meal size every other day. So, on a fast day, I'll usually eat only a small snack in the mid afternoon and then dinner. On a normal day, I'll eat whenever I want but try to keep it in a healthy range of calories. I find that the every other day thing keeps me from feeling deprived.
  • NewAngel35
    NewAngel35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks for everyones comments .I think I do that anyway. I never eat breakfast and I eat after 4pm after working out.so it seeems perfect.