Week 4 (22nd Sept)

Options
13»

Replies

• kerryjudson
    kerryjudson Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    dont forget the 30 butt kicks, i accidentally missed them off :o)
  • Zumbalicious_Zoe
    Options
    I know I can do the water but not sure about the exercises as I already do other workouts and don't think it will do my body good adding these awell
  • SanCan2602
    SanCan2602 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    The water take in will be easy. I've been making sure to have at least 8 cups a day since week 1. Last week, I failed miserably in doing the exercise challenge. I'm already off to a bad start since I did not do the exercises yesterday, however, I will try my hardest to kick butt for the rest of the week.
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    I'm going to try and get the workouts in at the end of the week when I will be in my "rest week" between stages of NROL4W. For now I don't want it to interfere with my last couple workouts.

Glad to see the water back! I'm usually very good about that, but I've found myself chugging a couple glasses after work when I've realized I had gotten busy and only drank one or two all day!
  • Alana150
    Alana150 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I thought this challenge looked a lot but I’ve split it into 4 circuits and its only taken me 20 minutes and burnt off 104 calories. I combined the squats and fist punches and used 2 x 1L water bottles as weights for the bicep curls.
    This is what I broke it down into

Circuits 1 and 2
    20 x jumping jacks
    20 x twist jumps
    20 x squat and fist punches
    20 x lunge and bicep curl (10 each leg)
    10 x push-ups (from my knees)
    10 x leg lifts
    20 x crunches

Circuit 3
    20 x jumping jacks
    20 x twist jumps
    10 x lunge and bicep curl (5 each leg)
    10 x leg lifts
    30 x crunches

Circuit 4
    20 x jumping jacks
    10 x twist jumps
    20 x jumping jacks
    10 x squat and fist punches
    10 x squats
    20 x crunches
    10 x leg lifts
    10 x bicycle crunches

in hindsight tomorrow i'll put the bicycle crunches on circuit 1 as my stomach muscles really felt it

Thanks KerryJudson for your breakdown. I did the above circuits this morning and it took me 20min. to complete, not bad considering I am not fittest YET but I have been working on it so I am quite proud of myself for getting through it.
  • kerryjudson
    kerryjudson Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    you're more than welcome glad it was helpful but dont forget the 30 butt kicks, i accidentally missed them off :o)
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I can do these exercises every day this week but I managed to do them today at least.. good grief. Can't I just count my 27 mins of 30 Day Shred as this instead? LOL. I did all of them I could (jumping jacks and the twist jumps aka oblique twists are just too hard on my body for more than a few each) and I was sweating up a storm! OMG. Thankfully I can easily do the squats, crunches, punches, lunges and leg lifts.. I can even get through pushups as long as I alternate, 5 knee pushups then 5 "real" pushups and back again :)
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    Just returned from a weekend retreat and will work on this challenge for the rest of the week. I will do some of these in the pool (i.e. jumping jacks) because I can not jump with my bad knees. Let's see if I can do this tomorrow.
  • Alana150
    Alana150 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    you're more than welcome glad it was helpful but dont forget the 30 butt kicks, i accidentally missed them off :o)

Yep, got those in too! :bigsmile:
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    This I can do; same with the water. I failed Week Three's challenges. I didn't have money to buy my own food during Week Three. :(
  • Charlottina
    Charlottina Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Really sorry for the lack of clarification I was unable to get on the forum to post this weekend. The idea is to do as many of the circuit as you can over the course of the day. For example you could divide everything by 3 and try it that way :)

if this is too much for you due to injury set yourself a lower target or miss out the ones that you cannot do.
    If you are struggling to get it all done set your self a target that still pushes you

I trust you all to try your best and to push yourselfs the appropiate amount before rewarding yourself a point.
  • spreag
    spreag Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    nightmare of an exercise challenge. nobody should be doing plyometric workouts if they are unfit. i.e jumping jacks and anything that really requires you to jump and come back down. if people are not in good physical shape and I mean from an exercising point of view things like the 100 workout can really damage joints or anywhere you'd be taking the shock absorbance such as knees, ankles and hips. go take a walk instead of the 100 jumping jacks if you are not well used to high cardio. your joints will thanks you.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I thought this challenge looked a lot but I’ve split it into 4 circuits and its only taken me 20 minutes and burnt off 104 calories. I combined the squats and fist punches and used 2 x 1L water bottles as weights for the bicep curls.
    This is what I broke it down into

Circuits 1 and 2
    20 x jumping jacks
    20 x twist jumps
    10 x butt kicks
    20 x lunge and bicep curl (10 each leg)
    10 x push-ups (from my knees)
    10 x leg lifts
    20 x crunches

Circuit 3
    20 x jumping jacks
    20 x twist jumps
    10 x lunge and bicep curl (5 each leg)
    10 x butt kicks
    10 x leg lifts
    30 x crunches

Circuit 4
    20 x jumping jacks
    10 x twist jumps
    20 x jumping jacks
    10 x squat and fist punches
    10 x squats
    20 x crunches
    10 x leg lifts
    10 x bicycle crunches

in hindsight tomorrow i'll put the bicycle crunches on circuit 1 as my stomach muscles really felt it

Thankyou!! this breakdown works ace for me :) (have added in the butt kicks :) )
    X
  • jenn0113
    Options
    Thanks for this challenge - it will be.....challenging - but I am going to try!
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    As Charlottina said, I'm sure it's fine to lower some of the goals and/or modify some of the workouts to accommodate an individual's physical condition or personal situation while still making it a challenge (kind of how we could set our own time/distance goals during Week 2). Personally, I can't do too many reps of the high-impact exercises, like jumping jacks, because I am prone to shin pain issues (probably don't have the best shoes). Instead I might do 50 jumping jacks throughout the day and replace the other 50 with punches, etc. It's okay if not every challenge is hit every day, or if some challenges have to be adjusted a little. The true point of challenges and goals is to push yourself and try to develop healthy habits. We're all doing great and trying to better ourselves, and that's what matters. :flowerforyou:
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    nightmare of an exercise challenge. nobody should be doing plyometric workouts if they are unfit. i.e jumping jacks and anything that really requires you to jump and come back down. if people are not in good physical shape and I mean from an exercising point of view things like the 100 workout can really damage joints or anywhere you'd be taking the shock absorbance such as knees, ankles and hips. go take a walk instead of the 100 jumping jacks if you are not well used to high cardio. your joints will thanks you.

OOhhh!! can i suggest half jacks!
    my davina dvd the lady says if thats too much you can do half jacks with me...
    half jack is where you step out to one side and put that arm up then back to the middle then the same on the other side... so you do the jumping jack like one side at a time minus the jumping bit

just an idea :)
    (i was just doing my jumping jacks and remembered the dvd and your comment earlier! lol)
    x
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    Well, did one full circuit today. I did the jumping jacks, butt kicks and twist jumps in the pool, but the rest on the dry ground. It was not as bad as I thought it would be. I broke it up and did at least 60 of each (I forgot my sheet at home and could not remember the order after squats) and was okay. I will be able to do this each day for the rest of the week.
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I can't do most of these (artificial knees). Anything with impact is out for me so I will miss out again on the exercise challenges and just do the water part. I still do not have the challenges tab on the bottom of my spreadsheet, but I have been going on my daughter's computer and the tab is on the spreadsheet there? Don't ask me why it's not on mine...
  • christinechipchase
    Options
    I can't do most of these (artificial knees). Anything with impact is out for me so I will miss out again on the exercise challenges and just do the water part. I still do not have the challenges tab on the bottom of my spreadsheet, but I have been going on my daughter's computer and the tab is on the spreadsheet there? Don't ask me why it's not on mine...
    Hi don't worry to much about the exercise challenges, you are still one of us. The challenges are set for people who can do them. My goal is to lose 1lb a week, I am trying to lose it slow to keep it off for longer. What exercises do you do ?, If you go swimming some people try and do it in the water if that's any help.
    :) xxx:flowerforyou:
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I mostly do a recumbent bike that measures heart rate and calories burned and do the occasional walk. Also not recorded on my exercise journal are stretches I do after the bike to keep my knees limber. Sometimes I use my weights and do some arm work too. Just nothing with impact for me. Don't have a pool and am definitely not confident enough in my size to go out in public in a swimsuit.