Looking for friends

Options
Hi everyone I found this site a little while ago and I was hoping to add a few friends. I had my surgery 3/28/2012 and have lost 64 pounds since. I have just got out of a stall which is why I started on this site so I coud track what I was doing wrong. I currently workout 5 days a week with Jillian Michaels body revolution and LOVE it.

Replies

• minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I had the RNY in May of this year. Don't assume you are doing anything wrong just because you are in a stall; remember surgery patients, and everyone for that matter, usually fall into a pattern of shrink and lose. The body's insides sometimes need a bit to catch up with the weight loss and it doesn't seem to be able to shrink and lose at the same time.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    welcome! Sending you a FR now
  • Mrbusterb
    Options
    Sending friend request
  • pjmcinnis
    pjmcinnis Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Like me, you don't have as much to lose as many others who have chosen this route to weight loss. I was 240 before my pre-surgery liver shrinking diet. I was 225 going into surgery on Jan 5, 2012. I've lost about 60lbs all told. I've had a couple of stalls and slower loss that others who started out much heavier than myself. I started bike riding, and at first I felt pathetic. Absolutely exhausted from even a short run... now I'm doing a minimum of 100km/week. This has helped, so you may find some exercise will get things moving again. I know of a few who are having good results with water based exercises, be it jogging, aerobic, or just plain swimming, and these are great if you have major join issues.

My issue is that my skin is not shrinking back as quickly as the fat and such is, so I'm feeling a little baggy right now, however, skin takes alot longer to shrink back. Mark your "little victories" such as the rediscovery of bones you didn't know you had... like collar bones, and recently I discovered wrist bones! The exercise has helped in that I see muscle definition in my calves, etc.

Stiff upper lift and all that rot, it will happen.
  • JfMarrs
    JfMarrs Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent :happy:
  • sgmcat
    sgmcat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have quite a bit of pounds to go, but I also would like to have that friend support as much as possible. I was banded on 10/25/12 and would love advice and comments from those veterans. Thanks.