For those that are doing 30 DAY SHRED!!!!

Options
Here is a link to purchase from Amazon.com for $6.96

http://www.amazon.com/Jillian-Michaels-30-Day-Shred/dp/B00127RAJY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347399073&sr=8-1&keywords=30+DAY+SHRED

Also I have heard Target sells it fairly inexpensive, if you want to pick it up now!

For those that have never done Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred be careful SHE WILL KICK YOUR BOOTY.

I lost 8" total in the 30 days. Amazing:flowerforyou:

:smooched: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched:

Replies

• margieyoumans
    margieyoumans Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Silly me! I thought the 30 Day Shred was the number of days we were doing. I was wondering how 30 days was equal to 6 weeks. LOL. I have the Nordictrack ASR 1000 Elliptical that has memory cards with Jillian Michaels workouts on them. Can I do that until my video arrives??
  • determinedhealthy
    determinedhealthy Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Sure you can do whatever motivates you to get at least 20 minutes of cardio a day!! That is what SBD recomends. 6 weeks for this groups was used as a short term goal to get motivated, but we are all in this for a life time. SBD allows for 3 phases to cleanse, lose and then maintain.

I started today even though I felt like crap today I ate well, but will start the shred tomorrow along with some walking!!!! Super stoked!

I can feel myself losing, already! I really can.
  • stayathomezookeepa
    Options
    They also have the 30 day shred free on youtube. Each level is there in the full length and its FREE :)
  • chancegardner
    chancegardner Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Joined this group cuz it was one of the first I found that was South Beach oriented - I never heard of the 30 Day Shred - looking at YouTube now to see what I've leaped into
  • needmorecoffee
    needmorecoffee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of the shred, I thought yeah OK Im pretty sore, but I got this. I just did the video and really nothing else for the day that was measurable for exercise.

Day 2, I started off with a 30 min walk, and then I actually payed attention to all of her make sure your not doing this and that tips, I was doing several things wrong. I fixed them and I can hardley take the stairs to get into the building at work.

I have muscle groups that I dont know that I have used in many years that are crying today. Oddly I think I might like the burn. It reminds me that I have to change things up.

Today will be day 3 of the shred, day 9 of phase 1, I really must do a weigh in and measurments to see where this is going. So far it seems like I have gained 1 lb from when I started the shred, I will assume that either water weight or something like that. I am intrigued to see what it turns out to be at the end of the day.

Here is one question to the group, you are supposed to replace the calories that you burn off, I am eating way more than I am even hungry for and I cannot seem to make it over 700 net calories a day. I am not even sure how to fix that. With out the exercise I am just over 1200 a day, which is the minimum. I will almost be glad for next week when I can add a few carbs and fruits in so up my calorie count...it just seems too low.