how often?

Options
Hi everyone! I was just wondering if we were all planning to do this workout every day? I know it's the "30 day" shred, but I read that Jillian Michaels intended for it to be 4 days a week, with two other days of the week doing another type of cardio, and one day off.

Doesn't matter to me either way, I have done level one like 12 times, but I am never consistent with it so I would like to start...

Also, I am doing the couch to 5k 3 times a week, do you think it's too much to do 2 workouts a day half the week?

Lots of questions, but I am glad I stumbled upon this!

Replies

• francaise3
    francaise3 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean - I run (3x times a week around 8km each time) and bike quite a lot! So I might be skipping it those days - depending how I feel! But I definitely want to do it as often as I can - as running and biking does not give the shape up of muscles that much!
  • Fitby31
    Fitby31 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm going to aim for everyday. But I won't be doing anything in addition to it.
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    today I did W3 of C25k and I'm about to do my first day of the 30day shred... I will let ya know how I feel and if I will ever be doing this again lol and by this I mean both on the same day.
  • jaguirre8898
    Options
    i just completed my first 30 days but im only doing 30 days to a level so i haven't started level to yet but look forward to it today. Anyway my point was that I did it consecutively and also did zumba once a week and 3 hrs of ultimate frisbee which is basically running for 3 hrs down a football field 3 times a week on top of my workout. My endurance was fine and the only thing i would say is to make sure you drink alot of water. I encourage everyone to try and do the days consecutively because it is easier to stay on track and not give yourself a reason to just skip it. I think you will see that its not that hard to do after you get past the hurdle of the first few days.
  • francaise3
    francaise3 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    i just completed my first 30 days but im only doing 30 days to a level so i haven't started level to yet but look forward to it today. Anyway my point was that I did it consecutively and also did zumba once a week and 3 hrs of ultimate frisbee which is basically running for 3 hrs down a football field 3 times a week on top of my workout. My endurance was fine and the only thing i would say is to make sure you drink alot of water. I encourage everyone to try and do the days consecutively because it is easier to stay on track and not give yourself a reason to just skip it. I think you will see that its not that hard to do after you get past the hurdle of the first few days.

Thanks for the advice and encouragement! Will try to stick to it!
  • LiveLaffLoseLove
    Options
    I plan on doing it every morning. I also go to Curves 4 times a week too....
  • kvalmera
    kvalmera Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    That's a good question. I also do Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Belly Fat, I do the 2 mile 5 days a week (more like low intensity aerobics), in addition to walking a "neighborhood" mile with the hubby 2-3 times a week.

I just did Day One of Level One for this challenge and it was easier than the first time (I tried it last week). I can't promise I will do it everyday but I will try!
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I completed day 1 of 30DS today and am I the only one who had a really hard time? I almost threw up lol. I got through everything but I think I need to work on my breathing. I'm sure the more I do it the easier it will become. I can try to do it everyday and if it becomes to be too much do every other day. I also take my dog for a 2 mile walk at night.
  • jaguirre8898
    Options
    If your finding it hard to keep up with her think about doing what I did muting the tv and turning up some music you dont have to stay at her pace as Jillian would say "long as your moving your losing" so don't kill yourself early on by trying to do every single rep like they do in the video you have to build up your endurance first and then go full out. otherwise you will get discouraged and possible hurt yourself. just a suggestion though just remember that the people in the video have been doing workouts much longer than you so theirs a reason they can keep with her pace. Don't give up push through and you will be happy you did!
  • kvalmera
    kvalmera Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I agree, find your pace and do what you can. I had to take 4-5 breathers, but as she said "5 seconds" and I got back to it. It was easier this time, but not easy! Last time my back hurt for 5 days, it just started feeling better this weekend so we'll see how it feels tomorrow. My knee seems be holding up fine as this point.
  • scouvson13
    Options
    I plan on doing it everyday except for Sunday. I als plan to walk about 15 minutes per day and do an ab workout for about 15 minutes. I will be starting tomorrow and not sure if I will do it in the evenings or in the mornings....maybe mornings because I am such a procastinator.
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm considering skipping it on the one day each week I have two hours of dance, but I guess I'll just see how I feel then and if I have any available time.
  • jhall1255
    jhall1255 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I was just wondering if we were all planning to do this workout every day? I know it's the "30 day" shred, but I read that Jillian Michaels intended for it to be 4 days a week, with two other days of the week doing another type of cardio, and one day off.

Doesn't matter to me either way, I have done level one like 12 times, but I am never consistent with it so I would like to start...

Also, I am doing the couch to 5k 3 times a week, do you think it's too much to do 2 workouts a day half the week?

Lots of questions, but I am glad I stumbled upon this!

fancy meeting you here ;)

im to try for every day i want to do 10 days of each level, and i work out 2 different days in the week at school
  • smittenkitten4
    Options
    I've decided to do it consecutively, because I've found if I give myself a day off I have too much trouble getting back into it. I'm doing C25K (started today) and I'm going to try and get some additional exercise on the days off from that too. I think since 30DS is 20 minutes and C25K is 20, a total of 40 minutes of exercise daily is nowhere near excessive. Even with the warmup and cooldown periods it's barely an hour.
  • amandaxonicole
    Options
    I plan on doing it every day. Sunday is normally my rest day, but 20 minutes won't kill me :)
    I'm also doing c25k (I'm on week 5 now), lifting weights at the school gym, and some cardio on the arc trainer at school (quick calorie burn lol).