First workout with SL yesterday...advice plz

Options
I completed the first routine yesterday and it was utterly unchallenging. Should I stick with 5lb increases or can I skip up Tina more challenging weight now?

Replies

• DaveRCF
    DaveRCF Posts: 266
    Options
    Stick with the program and concentrate on form. Think about it. If you do the program 3X/week and you start squatting with just the bar (45 lbs), then in three months you will squat 225 lbs. You also need time for your grip to strengthen, to get your tendons and ligaments used to the movements and weight and so on.
  • Cognito1025
    Cognito1025 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Makes sense, thanks.
  • Cognito1025
    Cognito1025 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Also, anyone have opinions on doing cardio before/after or on rest days?
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    Stick with the program and concentrate on form. Think about it. If you do the program 3X/week and you start squatting with just the bar (45 lbs), then in three months you will squat 225 lbs. You also need time for your grip to strengthen, to get your tendons and ligaments used to the movements and weight and so on.

Agree. It was really hard to only go up in 5lb increments, but trust me, it will catch up. Better to use the time to really nail your form. You'll be glad you did in a few weeks.
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    Also, anyone have opinions on doing cardio before/after or on rest days?

Nope. I keep telling myself I'm going to do some sprinting, but I want to see this through for a while before I add any new variables. (I'm in week 9)