Weekly chat - Sept 24 - Sept 30

Options
shorty313
shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
Welcome to our weekly thread! Please feel free to repost the thread on Monday of each new week. Just remember to change the dates in the topic title.

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Debbie (shorty313)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
Dan (G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)
Amanda (WhiteCloud)
Emma (elstein)
Cynthia (saihtnyc)
Emily (emom3boys)
Randy (Randyamc)
Sandra (Leeloominai01)
Toni (Themoodys13)
Corey (coreyisaacs)
Joe (misterbigg36)
Dee (Dedee36)
Tawnya (RubytOU)
Mariesa (princessmariesa)
Sri (slimntrim77)
Becky (altheiathepixie)
Melissa (MdmAcolyte)

Replies

• shorty313
    Options
    Wow did I overeat this weekend! We had some guys over for football watching Sat night and it was wings, pizza, chips, dips, etc. Yikes. I'm sure I ate like 3000 cals, I didn't add it up :blush:

Oh well, moving on!

I have a ton of peppers from our garden right now so I think I'll make a few different stuffed pepper recipes this week and freeze them for later :)

My daughter's birthday party is this weekend so I need to do some prep for that too, looking to be a busy week!
  • camsmommy2008
    Options
    Well I am back!! I had fallen off the bandwagon of posting and following the message boards and our group but as of today I am kicking myself in the butt and jumping back in!!! PLEASE hold me accountable...I have been logging and doing well that way but I just have been slacking in the forums and formal exercise department. If you find me slacking please feel free to kick my butt! :bigsmile:
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

I know I've been MIA lately and I apologize. I do have a very valid excuse. I hope to be a bit more attentive on here, but please don't lose faith in me if I slip again. From what I can tell everyone is doing a great job! I saw lots of BIG login milestones and pounds lost just this morning. Way to go!!

Have a great day/week!!
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday y'all. I blew it this weekend too on beer and home made italian fried chicken thanks to my Mom's birthday celebration ~ we played *kitten* too but I dont think that helped to really burn anything. :)

Today is flying by for me ~ so I hope it is for you too. Can't wait to get home and go skating again. Its like Im 12 all over. Lol
  • shorty313
    Options
    BTW, I really need the weekly challenges back to make me exercise. It's been too easy too do all the other million errands I have to do instead.
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    Should we get the weekly challenge started back up? Thoughts on any changes you would like to see?
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    What are some typical weekly challenges? It sounds like a great idea to me!
  • shorty313
    Options
    Melissa - scroll down and you'll see some! They were exercise mixed with personal challenges.

Despite an overwhelming amount of Chocolate (yes, with a capital C :tongue: ) the past few days, I've managed to only be up 1 lb from my lowest. TOM must be soon with my munchies. I really need to buckle down though, especially with exercise. It was/is a much needed stress outlet.
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    lol, I need just about anything to keep me motivated nowadays! I say bring it back. I've been on such a regimented schedule with NROL4W and then adding in tennis lessons that I get minimal exercise otherwise, I'm worried that when both end (which will be in just a few short weeks) I won't be motivated to get to the gym.

So I seem to have really reached a point where a bad day is effecting more than ever before, I don't know what would have caused the change but I had a pretty unhealthy but not out of control day with food and beer (football) on Sunday and from Monday to tuesday my weight went up and down 4 lbs! what the heck? I've never had such severe fluctuations before. I'm a bit baffled and somewhat concerned about this. A pound or two fine, but 4?! Does anyone else fluctuate this much after a bad day?
  • shorty313
    Options
    Ellie I've been known to go up at least 3 lbs overnight after beer and wings :( But two days later it's gone.
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    boy this week has just been crazy with my weight! I guess it just goes to show you how much eating out and drinking effects our bodies. Since the four pound thing I've continued to drop more than a pound each day this week and all I can attribute it to is that I have not gone out to eat or had any alcohol all week. Odd, but I'll take it (and the lesson I am learning here)!

Doing my last stage 6 workout for NROL4W tonight, very excited to be so close to the end of this!
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    HELLO 30 SOMETHING! I know I have been missing in action. I'm just wondering what happened to Paul. I haven't seen him in my needs feed in a long time.
  • shorty313
    Options
    Curly - he seems to have deleted his account :frown: I hope he's ok.
  • saihtnyc
    saihtnyc Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I have been MIA, I keep getting behind on online stuff, although I've been logging my food and doing great with exercise the past couple weeks! I was just about to give up and try to maintain, figuring that with 3 kids and a more than FT job it just wasn't going to happen right now (work has gotten really busy and I work crazy hours lately). And then the weather got nice, the baby got a bit older, and I can fit in exercise a bit more!

I got the Jillian Michael's 30-day shred DVD but cna't find my weights, so I need to buy more. I need a way to exercise at home when I can't leave the house (because of the kids) or it's dark and rainy out, but we are still thinking about an elliptical or spin bike.

Hope everyone is doing well - I'll try to be more active again.