Borderlands 2

Options

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Unlike escaflowne, I don't hate you. But, what did you get?

Orange SMG, (I'm level 18 when this happened I think)
    Worth almost 5k and its super badass
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Picking up BL2 tonight and playing through with a friend. Can't wait! Might find myself a little scarce around the gym this week... >. >
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    One of the best, funniest trophies/achievements ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEOzDtRLhQo
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    The writing is a lot better (read: existent) and that's largely due to Mr. Burch's involvement. The PS3 version's online play seems to actually work properly this time, too. Other than that, it's really not majorly different from the first. That's not really a bad thing, but it won't likely win it any Game of the Year awards. I've also run into some glitches that are annoying and hopefully get patched out or at least don't screw me out of the platinum trophy.

Oh, and timed missions are annoying (in any game).
  • Gilbrod
    Options
    The writing is a lot better (read: existent) and that's largely due to Mr. Burch's involvement. The PS3 version's online play seems to actually work properly this time, too. Other than that, it's really not majorly different from the first. That's not really a bad thing, but it won't likely win it any Game of the Year awards. I've also run into some glitches that are annoying and hopefully get patched out or at least don't screw me out of the platinum trophy.

Oh, and timed missions are annoying (in any game).

One of the best gliteches was having a Bad *kitten* Psyco literally, morphing through the wall slowly. It took 13 headshots, but he was taken out. I also like the ones where they get stuck to the wall after a gernade goes off and they go flying.

AS for timed missions, that stupid mailbox one was dumb and annoying.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Pro-Tip: If you tip her, you'll have better luck on the slots usually, and if you tip her enough you'll get an achievement, a Bad *kitten* point, and eventually she'll start giving you weapons. I find that at around lvl 20, I started making more money that I could use (think I'm sitting on around $35k right now), so I just tip her $10k and use the slots til I get down to around $5k, then I go out and run more quests.

I think if you tip her 50k you get a gun!
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    IM PLAYIN THAT SUCKAAA EVERY DAY AFTER WORK :P
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Pro-Tip: If you tip her, you'll have better luck on the slots usually, and if you tip her enough you'll get an achievement, a Bad *kitten* point, and eventually she'll start giving you weapons. I find that at around lvl 20, I started making more money that I could use (think I'm sitting on around $35k right now), so I just tip her $10k and use the slots til I get down to around $5k, then I go out and run more quests.

What kinda gun?
  • Iam918
    Iam918 Posts: 118 Member
    Options

What kinda gun?

It'll be an SMG. You'll either get Moxxi's Bad Touch (corrosive dmg) or Moxxi's Good Touch (fire dmg). If you're playing on the xbox, the Good Touch will cause your controller to constantly vibrate while you're using it.
  • Erica_G2012
    Options
    I was playing the slots the other day and was goofing off with the slots. I almost died when the bandit heads rolled up and a grenade popped out :)
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    Options

What kinda gun?

She gives you 3 guns, they scale to your level so if you tip her early on and get the guns, you can come back later in the game to get a higher level version of the gun if you keep tipping her.
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Unlike escaflowne, I don't hate you. But, what did you get?

Orange SMG, (I'm level 18 when this happened I think)
    Worth almost 5k and its super badass

jealoussss
  • Gilbrod
    Options
    I hate having to find time for this game. Damn healthy lifestyle......
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    One of the best gliteches was having a Bad *kitten* Psyco literally, morphing through the wall slowly. It took 13 headshots, but he was taken out. I also like the ones where they get stuck to the wall after a gernade goes off and they go flying.
    Yeah, those glitches sound fine. The ones I'm talking about are more like, you kill a boss and he drops something you need to pick up to continue the story quest, but you can't, because he dropped it THROUGH THE GROUND and it's literally impossible to reach it. "Luckily" the game doesn't auto-save after boss fights, and I was able to quit and re-do the entire section again..
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    Options
    I hate having to find time for this game. Damn healthy lifestyle......

Same!
  • Antonia2501
    Antonia2501 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I did it

2012-09-23_17-55-34_122.jpg

Hell yea good job!
  • nixerific
    nixerific Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I did it

2012-09-23_17-55-34_122.jpg

GRRRRR!
  • madpaddyjack
    madpaddyjack Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are brutal in this game. Level 16 so far, and loving it! We'd be higher (especially since we pre-ordered), but having a 3-year-old kinda limits gaming opportunities.
  • madpaddyjack
    madpaddyjack Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    We should come up with some kind of workout to go with borderlands. Like before every gun chest 10 jumping jacks. Every quest completed 5 push-ups. lol

And a 25 crunch penalty if you die. You'll either get a massive 6-pack or get really, really good at the game.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    beat it over the weekend. going for the plat trophy now...