What weights are you using?

Options
Hey guys, i apologize if there is already a thread on this, i'm about to leave for work... I am currently ending my first week of the Push phase and I have 3, 5, 8, 10, 15 lbs dumbbells... i was contemplating getting the Bowflex SelectTechs because it's just getting too costly to buy the dumbbells separately and the 15lb ones do not seem heavy enough for this phase for me... Does anyone have them or have you just been using separate free weights?

Thanks!
-Crystal

Replies

• jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the bowflex ones because I only had up to 20lbs and found that way too light for push. However, in Lean so far, 20 is plenty...more upper body work and all the balancing makes it harder to go heavy.

I will still need the bowflex ones though anyways after Lean since I'll either do another round of CLX or move on to STS or NROL4W, and I didn't want to continue to buy separate weights (too expensive and take up a lot of room). I figure the 50lb selectechs will be perfect up to the point where I want to go heavier and then I'll use a barbell. Those you can find cheap used.

As for Bowflex selechtechs, I ordered that particular set because everyone who has them seems to LOVE them as well as the fact that they are compact, quick to adjust and can do some 1/2 lb options. :happy:
  • Kenzieb07
    Kenzieb07 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I wrote this on your status too, but I have the Power Block set... LOVE them. They are such a great investment! When I researched before buying them, I found that the Power Block ones were cheaper and had better reviews. You can find em here: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM2763957402P?sid=IDx20110310x00001i&srccode=cii_184425893&cpncode=33-83915579-2 but can find them cheaper on Amazon and some other sites, just Google them! =)
  • astheygrowup
    astheygrowup Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am currently using the ones that you can add weights to and take off which drive me insane because it can take extra time. I am hoping to get some Power Blocks in the next week or so. Just sold my treadmill that never got touched so I could get some.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I use the Power Block set - Mine are the Sport Block (25lbs each) - I was originally looking to buy the Bowflex but I couldn't afford them and there is a fitness store about 15miles from my house that had the Power Block in stock so that I could take them home that day which was a big plus for me...lol The Power Blocks also have extensions so that when you are ready for heavier weights you can go up to 75lbs on each I believe. I am about ready to buy an extension of 25lbs to make mine 50lbs each. Here is the link to their site if you want to check them out. These are the best investment that I have made since starting my fitness journey!! Good luck!!

http://www.powerblock.com/prod_homeuse.php
  • fitontherun
    fitontherun Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I use the Lifesmart Slide and Lock weights. I got them at Academy Sports and Outdoors for about $115. There's two types of adjustable weights. One of them goes to 55 pounds in each hand. I have the one that goes up to 30 pounds in each hand.
  • chojolitos
    Options
    I have Gold's Gym adjustable 25 lbs

Share this:

Recently Viewed Items
    You don't have any recently viewed items

Other Related Searches

gym dumbbells, gym weight, adjustable weights dumbbells, gym pack, gym weight exercise, dumbbell clean, pack speed .

I have this Gold's Gym 25-lb. Adjustable-Weight Speed Pack :)
  • chojolitos
    Options
    I have Gold's Gym adjustable 25 lbs

I'm sorry i was tryint to paste something , and i go this huge gaps :(

Share this:

Recently Viewed Items
    You don't have any recently viewed items

Other Related Searches

gym dumbbells, gym weight, adjustable weights dumbbells, gym pack, gym weight exercise, dumbbell clean, pack speed .

I have this Gold's Gym 25-lb. Adjustable-Weight Speed Pack :)
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    chojolitos, I am using the same. I like them. I just wish they went up in weight in smaller increments.
  • cookiemahnster
    cookiemahnster Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    One more Powerblock (Sportblock, the one up to 24 lb) user here! Nothing but good things to say about them. I used the 24 occasionally in Push but am mostly using the middle weights in Lean. There are a few extremes for legs only, so for those I will bust out the 18s or 21s but am generally too exhausted to lift too heavy.
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm using these. I thought they were a good deal at $99 for a pair. No real complaints so far. Out of the box they have a kind-of rubbery smell but it goes away.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0012OPCZG/ref=aw_d_var_2nd_sporting-goods_txt?colid=19C79R7F9NZLY&coliid=I489ERVQEI4A5&vs=1

I'm going to save up for the Select Techs or the 50lb pair of Versas, though. I know I will need to go heavier than 25 pounds.
  • monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    We have the bowflex ones. Hubby has used them faithfully for his own lifting, then P90x, and now with Body Beast; and when ChaLEAN Extreme calls for weights, they're the ones I go to. They are costly, but they are wonderful - can go up to 52.5 lbs each, and very easy to use! Definitely worth the investment.
  • klwells08
    klwells08 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Bowflex selectechs for me. Love them. I have the ones that go up to 52.5 lbs each. I'm glad I got such a good range, I'm already using 25lbs on some of the squat moves in burn week 3.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I used resistance bands because I'm too cheap to buy weights, and I don't want to store them either. Bands are easy to put away and don't cost much. They were more than enough of a challenge for me.
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    I have the Power Block SportBlocks that go up to 24lbs. I love them. I'm starting my third week of Push and so far the heaviest weight I've used is 21lbs., so they've worked out well. I really like the size of the SportBlocks. They're not too big and I can use them comfortably.
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    Round one I had Xmark adjustable weights. They went up to 25lbs. When I started NROL4W (that only lasted 2 months, then I completed P90X) I sold those and purchased some Select-Techs (got them for a steal at $180) . I will be using those for round 2. So excited!
  • Love2lift72
    Love2lift72 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    DH has PowerBlocks that I use. My one complaint is the 2.5 pound increments but other than than I love them. I just started CLX. On week 2 now. I have gone as high as 17.5 so far.
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    We use the PowerBlocks and really like them. We have the ones that go from 10-50 lbs and then we just added the 'add on' so now they go up to 70lbs. You can choose to increase either 2.5 lbs or 5 lbs at a time. This works for us since we can both use them for our workouts and they were cheaper than the SelectTechs.
  • HollyTsab
    HollyTsab Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I just received my PowerBlocks Sports 5.5 and I love them. Not as long as the bowflex ones and very easy to change out. Mine increase from 5lbs to 55lbs in 2.5lb increments. Everything always seems too large to me and these are just perfect. Great investment. Not only for me but for the Hubby and our teen boys.