Sunday night accountability report- 9/23

Options
Here we are at the end of Week 2!! My updates include:

- I burned 4113 calories this week (exceeding my 3850 calorie goal!)

- I completed my nutrition log each day (& stayed within calorie limits)

- And drum roll, please... I ran my very first 5k today!! My aim was to run the entire distance (and, if possible, do so within a reasonable amount of time). I ran it all (wahoo!!) with a finish time of 34:25 (that's a 11:05/mile pace). I came in 155/297 and 22/45 in my age category - so basically in the middle of the pack. Not too bad for a first timer. My next 5k will be in two weeks on Oct. 7th. I'm excited to beat my time!

Cheers,
Heather

Replies

• airboy1952
    airboy1952 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Heather --- you did fantastic for (literally) your first time out of the starting gate as a runner! What an amazing effort. I doff my fedora to you!

My updates:

* Completed my nutrition log each day. I was under the daily calorie limits 5 days out of 7, and under the calorie limit for the week as a whole.

* Unfortunately I failed to reach my calorie burn target for the week --- I burned only 4323 calories, compared to my target of 5390. (I missed two days due to travel and having to complete a book chapter... which I'm still working on tonight, darn it.) So I'll have to make these calories up over the next week or two.

* It's hardly worth even muffled drums compared to Heather's remarkable achievement today, but one cool moment this week was going to buy some new hiking/walking shorts. A few months ago I would have started trying on shorts with a size 38 waist. This time, to get a pair that would fit, I ended up with a size 32! I think the last time I wore that size was during the Ford administration --- so this was a pretty good feeling. :-)

Cheers,
    Roger
  • browninsb
    Options
    Hi Folks,
    For the week ending 9/23 I burned my calories with a bit of excess at 2342 for the week. I really enjoyed the hike up Rattlesnake Canyon. My calves are mooing!
    I stayed within my calorie count over the week and my weight is staying within the alloted range.

I'm feeling better and looking forward to a good week! Are any of you going to do the next challenge that starts October 1st? Meetings tonight and Wednesday night.

I really enjoyed the Mavis Staples/Bonnie Raitt concert last night! Those women can rock and wail!

Here's to an amazing week ahead for all of us,
    Mary Ellen
  • kbchmacdonald
    Options
    Airboy, you were alive during the Ford administration? Who'd have thought it.
    You burned a collosal number of calories, so don't sweat (haha) the few unburned. After all, if you burn too many, you're going to have to shop in the little boy's department!

And Heather, how amazing that you're starting a whole new life! So impressive.
  • kbchmacdonald
    Options
    Well, I only started Wednesday, with the goals of:

(1) burning 3,000/week on average (more when in town)
    (2) losing 7.5 pounds--I've now raised it to get to 8.5 so I'll be below 140
    (3) completing food diary (notice I didn't say anything about staying within goal!)
    (4) improve psyche. Will only report on this one sporadically.

So, since Wednesday:
    (1) burned 3,700+ calories
    (2) lost .5 pound
    (3) completed food diaries

Whew.
  • airboy1952
    airboy1952 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    M. E. and Clare --- You are both doing so awesome! You are ROCKING the Ultra Challenge and doing us all proud!

Cheers,
    Roger
  • wynnstone2
    Options
    Heather,

Great job on the 5K...major accomplishment

My accountability wasn't so good this weekend...I manage all week long to not log in the calories on the weekends 'cause I don't like being on the computer on the weekends...

I did burn my goal...3000 cal this week & I think I manage to be very close to my cal limit...BUT

going on VACATION next week with my girlfriends & WONT be logging in...BUT of course aware of my goals at all times...plan to do some running in the AM when everyone is still asleep...

Savannah...here we come.
  • kstar137
    Options
    My "accountability" this week.... it's more of a soap opera saga.
    I'll spare you the details and just say, from now on, I'll be back with the group. Starting now.
  • kbchmacdonald
    Options
    Hey Kim,
    The most important part is that you keep in touch, whether you want to "account" or not. I view this group as "we're here, we're ready, we can say what we want and not say what we don't want, but we're HERE", and that's important. So thanks for being here.
    Clare
  • kbchmacdonald
    Options
    Savannah! I wish I were going with you. No doubt you've read the books.