On the right track?

Options
Hey all! I've been on this journey for exactly 46 days now, and I just want to check in and see if I'm looking good. If you're doing EM2LW and heavy lifting, is it normal for the scale to stay at the same place? I think I remember reading that somewhere. I'm having decent changes in terms of my measurements, but I really would like to see a drop in the numbers. I'm just worried that my measurement progress will stall and I'll be stuck.

I know that part of my problem is that I'm eating a lot of processed foods right now (stress and college dining hall food), but I have been between 1600-1900 (nearly) every day for a month and a half and I guess I just thought that maybe the number on the scale would be dropping just a little bit. I saw an initial 8 lb loss, but since then, nothing.

My stats:

Weight: 195ish. Somewhere around there.
Height: 5'3
BMR 1699
TDEE: 2600 (?!)

Thank you, everyone!

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    What are your workouts like?

Estimating 3-5 hours/week of moderate exercise I get your TDEE to be about 2500 and a 20% (MAX) cut to be about 2000 calories for 4 lbs loss/month.

Try hitting 2000 calories daily (or even the 1900 you are saying is the upper range) consistently for 2 weeks and see what happens... I think the low days may be messing with you.
  • neilegni
    Options
    What are your workouts like?

Estimating 3-5 hours/week of moderate exercise I get your TDEE to be about 2500 and a 20% (MAX) cut to be about 2000 calories for 4 lbs loss/month.

Try hitting 2000 calories daily (or even the 1900 you are saying is the upper range) consistently for 2 weeks and see what happens... I think the low days may be messing with you.

I'm doing heavy lifting 2-3 times a week for about half and hour/forty-five minutes, and about 20-25 minutes of interval training on the elliptical. I'm trying to wean off of the elliptical and start doing HIIT on the track.
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    If you're doing EM2LW and heavy lifting, is it normal for the scale to stay at the same place?

Oh yes indeedy!! For me, the scale has gone up as I have gotten smaller. It makes me laugh :laugh:

As long as you know that the scale is not the be all and end all to your progression, then you'll be just fine! Don't keep expecting those numbers to change, you are building muscle and retaining fluid from the lifting itself. Just rely on your measurements. I actually don't own a scale, just weigh at the gym every so often.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I am with Lulu.

Weight has been going up, but feeling much better and stronger.