September 24-30 Mini challenge

Options
luvs_choc8
luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
We are going to stay with the same format as last week. This will include doing cardio at least 3-4 times a week for 30-45 minutes. The mini challenges are going to consist of a single food challenge for the day, and a strength challenge. It would be great if you reported how you made out with the strength portion.

Monday Mini Challenge:
Food - stay within calorie limit.
Strength -
Water - at least 64 ozs
**Report when complete**

Tuesday Mini Challenge:
Food - no sugar today
Strength - 100 push ups
Water - at least 64 ozs
**Report when done**

Wednesday Mini Challenge:
Food - eat 3 vegetables
Strength - 100 squats
Water - at least 64 ozs
**Report when done**

Thursday Mini Challenge:
Food - no salt today
Strength - 100 tricep kickbacks
Water - at least 64 ozs
**Report when done**

Friday Mini Challenge:
Food - no bread.
Strength - 100 calf raises
Water - at least 64 ozs
**Report when done**

Saturday Mini Challenge:
Food - eat extra protein
Strength - 100 bicep curls
Water - at least 64 ozs
**Report when done**

Have fun with this and let me know what you think of this format. I will still post it to the homepage every morning.

Reminder to make sure you stretch before all exercises and to go at your level.

Have a great week and Keep Smiling ,
Donna

Replies

• luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

Over in cals today :cry: , but got in my water!

I was able to get in 45 mins on the treadmill.

Have a wonderful Tuesday! :flowerforyou:
  • LooptLou25
    LooptLou25 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I was the same, a little over on calories (hubby baked banana walnut loaf & I couldn't resist) but hit the water/fluid intake.

We shall see how we get on today! All the best to everyone!
  • Mamafred
    Mamafred Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I got 48 minutes of cardio in at the gym. I managed to come in 97 calories under.
    Today is going to be a tough one. I am having a business lunch at an amazing little cafe. Their food, especially their deserts, are awesome. It has been a year since I last ate there and it will probably be another year before I am there again. I very much doubt that I am going to show any restraint. Just want to be honest with you all.
  • MariAOK
    Options
    I was able to get in 55 minutes of cardio and stay under yesterday. Lets see what today brings. Not sure about the 100 pushups. And I had grape jelly for breakfast so not sure if I ruined the no sugar already LOL!
  • cmecme
    cmecme Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Forgot to report on spreadsheet -- did it today - hope i'm not too late.

Yesterday completed day 5 of jillian michaels 30 day shred and it is getting "easier" : ) - also did 2 mile run. Finally feeling more ambitious
  • LooptLou25
    LooptLou25 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Monday - a little over on calories (hubby baked banana walnut loaf & I couldn't resist) but hit the water/fluid intake. Rest day.
    Tuesday - Missed on the sugar - still have 1/2tsp in my cup of tea - need to get that to ZERO! (it used to be 2 tsp!) No push-ups either, re-arranging rooms & furniture!
    Wednesday - 3 veg - spinach done, just the other 2 to get in. Squats to add in too! Can do this today!
  • Mamafred
    Options
    I got Tuesday's pushups done but not yesterday's squats. Cardio in yesterday. Mixed veggies for lunch and yellow squash for supper. I am having some motivation issues it seems.
  • cmecme
    cmecme Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I got to get on this this week ---- i've only really worked out once and its THURSDAY - get up -- do it now
  • Pammie1000
    Pammie1000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I got in the squats, push ups and triceps extensions, haven't done quite as well on cardio or the food challenges, though I did eat all my veggies yesterday :) I can't believe it is almost the end of the month! Where did it go??? I've been gaining weight all month,it's due to some bad medical stuff that is going on in my family, I eat when I'm nervous, and looking good is so very trivial next to all of it, truth is....I just plain don't give a *kitten* most of the time, but, I know I feel better when I exercise, and take care of myself so I'm going to stay with this challenge ...if y'all will have me :flowerforyou: and hope for a better Oct.:smile: Hugs, Pam
  • Mamafred
    Options
    Hey all, I got in the squats, push ups and triceps extensions, haven't done quite as well on cardio or the food challenges, though I did eat all my veggies yesterday :) I can't believe it is almost the end of the month! Where did it go??? I've been gaining weight all month,it's due to some bad medical stuff that is going on in my family, I eat when I'm nervous, and looking good is so very trivial next to all of it, truth is....I just plain don't give a *kitten* most of the time, but, I know I feel better when I exercise, and take care of myself so I'm going to stay with this challenge ...if y'all will have me :flowerforyou: and hope for a better Oct.:smile: Hugs, Pam

Pam, so sorry to hear about your family troubles. I truly hope it improves. :heart:

One evening, I did a 30 minute strength session with the squats, tricep kickbacks and several other things thrown in to try and round it out. My heart was thumping pretty fast, so I logged it as a cardio session. I have no idea of the calories that I burned because I keep forgetting my HRM at the office. I was very gratifying all the same. I simply could not find any motovation yesterday. I worked right through my lunch hour and still had to put in overtime before heading home. Once I got home, I just wanted to vegatate and so it did.:yawn: I realize that was a big mistake because if I had made myself move around I would have felt 100% better and slept better last night.

The elementary school where my husband works has their big annual fall festival tonight from 6 - 8 and I am signed up for face painting. I am not a very good artist but it is a lot of fun and the kids are a hoot. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
  • Mamafred
    Options
    One of these days I will learn how to do the "quote" in the blue box and my comments out of the box. What I just posted didn't turn out right. Sorry:sad:
  • Pammie1000
    Pammie1000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    @Mamafred, Facepainting looks like it would be so much fun to do, I'd get carried away.:laugh:

All the strength exercises done this week, Not so great with the food challenges. Wow! it's the last day of Sept. already! Doesn't seem possible!