Eating Less to Weigh Less

Options
2»

Replies

• JessLLoser
    JessLLoser Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I still have a way to go for my fitness but as you all know, the more you study about weight loss the more impossible it seems. Better to just focus on now, and work in what you can do each day and after a week upgrade from there.

3 months ago it was strength training 3x a week. A month ago it was adding cardio two days a week. Now it`s adding 10 min more a day. And three glasses of tea with meals. Last month was skipping dinner 3 days a week to keep my calories right, this week it`s portion control. I keep trying to find the right mix that will give me fat loss and a lean body. Eventually I get there, and I live every day in the process.

It also has me throwing out the junk and cleaning my house, not just to keep busy but to keep my soul squeezed. Me and Ekhart Tolle. Squeezing souls since 1992.

Getting consistent yields results, unfortunately my results are not scale or even tape measurable. Still don`t understand why it seems so easy for others. Just eat less, move more, blah, blah ,blah.

Giving up the expectations of others gives me more room for joi de vivre! I am not letting that go. It is way better than beating myself up, and no one cared if I beat myself up either. I just made myself feel bad.
    The world looks like a different place when you stop making yourself feel bad. And yes, the intimacy is well, more intimate too.

Let it out, let it go, exhale, don`t wait, eat, love, don`t pray for the day you start to love your body. No one cares, but you.
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Your story is truly inspiring. :flowerforyou:
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    This definitely a SUCCESS story!!! I am so HAPPY for you!! Not only are you PHYSICALLY healthier but you are also MENTALLY healthier it sounds like and that really is SUCCESS in my book!!!!

You have done AMAZINGLY well and I KNOW you will continue to do so!!!:bigsmile:

Truly INSPIRING!!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    It seems that you are embracing who you are, beginning to love your body, and enjoying life.....and that is a huge success!

Amen!! The emotional "healing" of our body and our mind's view of it can not be measured on any scale!!

Wonderful, wonderful post Jess:heart::heart:
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    This post is the epitome of the EM2WL mindset. You have taken your life back! :drinker:

It is MOST DEFINITELY A SUCCESS!!!

So inspiring :flowerforyou:

Congrats, girl!

~Kiki
  • DaNae9402
    DaNae9402 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You are a success story! Also very inspiring to all of us life long dieters! So glad you've found your happy place!