Day 1

Options
Fruch02
Fruch02 Posts: 104 Member
Starting back up on Paleo. After a recent stint with the active duty last year and not being able to eat Paleo because of work, I am starting back up today. I was injured during training about a year ago and have completely fallen off the wagon with nutrition and consistent workouts. Just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully I can learn from /help others. Please feel free to friend me. Godbless.

Replies

• PitBullMom_Liz
    PitBullMom_Liz Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • Casi23
    Casi23 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Have you read the Primal Blueprint? I'm not at all affiliated with the book or the company - but I thought it was a good read. It helped re-teach me about good eating habits and look at the primal/paleo lifestyle in a more wholistic (sp?) way... Glad you're back on a healthier diet track! In which branch did you serve?
  • Fruch02
    Fruch02 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Have you read the Primal Blueprint? I'm not at all affiliated with the book or the company - but I thought it was a good read. It helped re-teach me about good eating habits and look at the primal/paleo lifestyle in a more wholistic (sp?) way... Glad you're back on a healthier diet track! In which branch did you serve?

Army Infantry.
  • duncanryan
    duncanryan Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I started Day 1 yesterday, and while I know it's early, I'm already feeling pretty good! I understand that this can probably be a "placebo" effect that comes with starting a new healthy lifestyle, but I'll ride the wave while I can. Hopefully it continues!
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and thank you for your service! Stick to your clean eating and will feel great in no time.
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    duncanryan. Eating good food always makes you feel good. You may or may not have some processed carb or sugar withdrawals. that seems to happen somewhere between day 7 and 14 - and passes in a few days most of the time. If this does happen, DON'T CAVE. stick with it - as when you come out the other side, you will feel even better.

I can't tell you how full of energy and spunk I am after being 9 months paleo. I'm pretty sure it is hormone regulation, vitamin D levels, omega 3 levels etc.