The proposal!

I love hearing about all the cute and romantic proposals. If you are willing to share with us, tell us your story!

P.S. All of us will look fabulous on our wedding day!! :smile:

Replies

• James had been talking to me about getting engaged but even after 4 years I didn't think it'd be for awhile longer. He went to a local mall Luxenberg's and sent me a picture of all the rings JUST TO GET AN IDEA. Welp he spontaneously bought one THAT day! He was going to keep the ring for a few months and plan a special date..but when he came home I had pasta made, a candle lite, an iced drink waiting anda napkin with a cute message on it. Just because...and It was unusual for me to cook because I'd live with my grandparents and my pap is big on cooking. Well the ring was in his pocket and the moment seemed special..when I got up to take our plates to the sink he came over and hugged me all cute and his face looked funny tehe! he pulled his arm from beneathe his back and BAM! It was a huge gorgeous round diamond ring! {I can post a picture later} I was looking at ones much smaller than the one I got! He had the most adorable facial expression ever! and of course I said yes! Even though I knew he was going to look I never expected to get proposed to that day so it really suprised me!
  • That is such a good topic. I had no idea he was going to propose...My parents had a get together and we are both singers. So my dad and I decided we would do Karaoke that night. My fiancee suggested that he and I learn a song to sing to our parents for their anniversaries so I picked endless love because it was very much about love! He introduced us and then we sang our hearts out. When the song was over he started talking about how it's been such a great time being with me and before I knew it, he was asking me to be his wife! I was so happy and surprised all at the same time!
  • This one made me tear up a little! So cute!
  • It's on youtube!!! He posted it for our friends and family that couldn't be with us that day :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zzjXl0e1nM
  • tenny10e
    tenny10e Posts: 5 Member
    My fiancé asked me to marry him in Vegas at our favorite spot in the Wynn called Parasol Down (it's a cute bar that's on a floating deck on top of a lake with water shows). Anywhos he "went to the bathroom" and came back shuffled and then I noticed he was holding the ring in his fist but the shiny diamond was peaking out and it was obvious what he was gonna do... so I just burst out in laughter (acting as if I saw something). If you guys knew him you would KNOW he doesn't have a single romantic bone in his body but he's amazingly funny which is what I would rather have. Anyways by the time he got around to asking me I knew what was happening and of course OF COURSE I said YES! lol :)
  • All these stories are so cute!! I wish each of you the best of luck!!!
  • Ooh my goodness! These are all beautiful stories!!! :)

My fiance took me to the Richmond International Raceway. We love watching NASCAR together (it sounds weird I know haha most people do not like NASCAR) but it holds a special place in my heart. It was our first vacation we went to together Pocono Raceway. So it rained the ENTIRE day and I was wearing yoga pants a sweatshirt and his rain jacket. I was miserable because it was cold and raining and I wanted just to be dry. He had to look at the TVs in the trailer though for the weather because it was the big day. We ended up getting in line to walk around the race track with 500+ people. I like to follow all the rules so when it stopped raining and we actually got to go around the track...I obviously wanted to follow the people. My fiance said "No Em. Come over here with me" but I told him we had to follow the rules. The next thing I know I turned around because I heard someone say "HE IS PROPOSING" and I was like who!? where!? because I LOVE WEDDINGS AND ENGAGEMENTS. And it was my fiance kneeling down on the start/finish line of the racetrack, telling me how much he loved me and how much he was going to love me from start to finish. We ended up going on stage in front of all these people and announcing our engagement and we even got pit passes (WHICH HE LOVED) The best day of my life <3 next to my wedding of course!!!
  • That is an incredible story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My dad likes Nascar a lot, there can be true romance no matter where you are!!!
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Awwwww! Such sweet stories!

My fiance and I went to San Francisco for our 6 year anniversary. I was SURE it wasn't going to happen. We had talked about getting engaged for over 2 years and the day before we went, he told me how excited he was about a raise at work because "now I can save for something special!" (making it obvious what he was talking about). I took that as his nice way of telling me not to expect anything while we were on vacation...plus he was about to start school which was going to be a HUGE extra bill so I knew we were about to be more broke than ever. I had to admit I was disappointed but I knew we'd still have a great time. Our second night there we were walking around the city and we were walking across this park- it was kinda late and it was rainy so not many people were out. His walking slowed down and he said "Six years is a long time...and being in school, that's another two years." I just said "Yep" (again, thinking he was trying to make it VERY clear that it wasn't happening this time). But then he said, "So I have a question for you." My head snapped up because then I knew. And he said, "Will you marry me?" I think I squeaked and then started laughing and crying at the same time and couldn't stop hugging and kissing him. I even forgot to say yes for a minute until he reminded me he still needed an answer, LOL! It was meaningful that he did it in SF too because before we "officially" got together I was living in Northern CA and he was living in Southern CA- he came to visit me once and we had an amazing time in San Francisco- it was one of those times when we just knew we wanted to be together but couldn't because of distance. I ended up moving to SoCal 3 months later, not just because of him, but I'd be lying if I said that wasn't a big part of it. :blushing:
  • My fiance and I had been talking about getting married for a long time, because all high schoolers think they're going to be together forever, right? I graduated from high school on June 6th, 2010 (and he's a year older than me) and left the country on my 18th birthday on June 16th. When I came back and we saw each other, we were hanging out and he told me to go get the white box off his dresser. I figured it was my birthday present, since I was gone on my birthday, so I thought it might be some kind of necklace or something. I went and brought it to him, when he got off the bed where he was sitting and down onto one knee, telling me how he's loved me for years and I'm the most beautiful girl in the world and would I make him the happiest man in the world by marrying him. <3 Of course I said yes. ;)
  • KatM2014
    KatM2014 Posts: 263 Member
    Amazing stories everyone! My fiancé and I are pretty outdoorsy people so for our two year dating anniversary we decided to book a lodge up north (we live in Scotland) and go hillwalking for a few days, on the day of our anniversary I took my (Northern Irish) fiancé up his first two Munros, then we went out for a lovely meal. After we got home I went to get changed and came back to find him out on the porch of our lodge with candles and champagne where he asked me to marry him. Very simple, private and sweet - very us!
  • We live about 10 minutes from Disneyland, and have always gone there on our Birthdays. This last June (on my 28th Birthday), he had been very adament about taking me to lunch at Disneyland. I knew we were going to go, but he was acting very funny all morning. We always stop at this one spot, because it has memorial plaques that you can buy in memory of people who have passed. His brother - a very close friend of mine growing up, and the reason we met - passed away almost 10 years ago. And when we go to Disneyland we always stop at that spot, as kind of a Hello. Our normal routine is to stop on the way out (the stone is in between the 2 parks), but he was insistant that we go right away. As I said, it was my Birthday, and we walk over to the spot. And he gives me this huge hug, and I go to leave when he grabs my hands. And he says, "Would you like your other Birthday present?" (Earlier in the week he had surprised me with a kitten) He gets down on one knee & all I remember is crying & laughing & screaming, "Of course!!" & everyone around us bursting into applause. He finally had to grab my hand so he could put the ring on because I was jumping up & down. We spent the afternoon walking around in a total engagement haze, and when we got back home early that evening, all of my family & friends were waiting in our house. He called basically everyone, and had flown in my brother who lives in Arizona. It was perfect.
  • I love engagement stories!! We had been talking about getting engaged for awhile, and had been looking at rings. I had been working at my first job out of grad school for about a month and we didn't have his kids that weekend, so we were just hanging around. Anyway, we make lists of things that neither of us have done before and then make plans to do them so we have "firsts" together. That weekend, he surprised me by taking me up to a scenic area called Table Rock (after telling me that no, Rach, heels are not a great plan), and after we hiked to a secluded area on the edge of the cliff, he said, "One of the things I love about us is that we do firsts together, and I love it so much, I want to spend the rest of my life doing firsts with you." I started screaming and flailing and of course said yes. I totally agree with the "acting weird" thing guys do before they propose.
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    I love all these stories!

My fiance proposed on May 8th, 2012 when we were in Paris. We had taken a European vacation with friends and before we left, I didn't think he was going to do it, though he said at Christmas he was holding out for Paris.

The day we left, he called from work saying he couldn't find his passport and asked me to check in his luggage. I searched and couldn't find it and told him I remembered him putting it in his backpack. A few seconds later I get a call demanding I stop looking because he found it in his backpack. I thought nothing of it and that he definitely wasn't going to propose because I just searched his luggage and didn't find a ring. After 6 days away we made it to Paris and we walked around the city it was a beautiful sunny day and we were taking turns carrying the pack that had our stuff in it. Every so often I'd open it up and start searching for "something" (lip balm, camera, SD card, etc...) and he had no problem with it. I was a touch disappointed thinking back to what he told me at Christmas...

Anyways, we made it to the Eiffel Tower and I almost didn't go up! I was exhausted, we had walked for 10 kms around the city after a train ride in the morning and one of the elevators was out of service, so it was a 2 hour wait to go up or 20 minutes of stair climbing (yuck). A bunch of my friends bailed and my fiance and just one friend made the trek to the top. When we got to the very top platform I spotted a champagne bar and went to get in line. My fiance stepped in and said he'd get it because I bought beer for lunch for us. Once we had our champagne we posed for a picture overlooking the city when he dropped to one knee and our friend (now a groomsmen) took pictures of it all happening!

It was so exciting and sweet. I was in shock. Since some of my friend bailed on making the trek we got to meet up with them for dinner and got to share in the excitement of telling them the story. What a great day!

By the way, he had hid the ring in his shoe and then stuffed the shoe with some socks so it wouldn't fall out. Also, I didn't find the ring in the backpack because he passed it to our friend that morning before we headed out.