Hi Everyone

Options
13»

Replies

• robinlynn8
    robinlynn8 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi there ladies! I'm Robin. Recently got engaged and we are planning to wed on October 12th 2013. I would LOVE to lose at least 50 pounds by then. I know it's doable, I just have to keep the motivation up.... hopefully this group will help with that :) I read through these introductory posts, and loved the one that said to look at your ring when you want that extra snack.... Hope everyone is doing well so far with their goals!
  • blferguson1s
    Options
    Hi! I'm Brittany, and like two others I have seen here, I'm getting married on June 8, 2013. I need to lose about ten pounds to get my dress to fit well. I want the seamstress to have to take my dress in a bit. So that's the goal for the wedding. Beyond that, I'd like to lose another 20 pounds or so to get back to my pre-college weight. I've gained it all in the last year and a half or so and want it all gone in that amount of time.
  • Hannahmorestaton
    Hannahmorestaton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Hannah and I'm getting married April 6th, 2013! It's so great to see other brides supporting each other! I'm not really new to MFP, but I am new to being consistent with MFP. I'm looking for some friends I can network with to help all of us stay on track and I hope I've come to the right place! Add me please!
  • blucy84
    blucy84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Brittni and I'm getting married October 26, 2013. I want to lose 100 lbs overall but at least 60-70 before the wedding. I have a little over a year to accomplish my goal. I have always been bad about procrastinating with trying to lose weight before any event that comes up in my life (graduation, high school reunion, friends' weddings, etc.). And it's always been too late to do anything about it. I don't want that to happen with one of the biggest events of my life. I want to make sure I'm working on losing weight now! And I am motivated more than ever to finally change my life!

I want to feel confident and beautiful on my wedding day. I want to be able to enjoy my honeymoon (as of right now it's at Disney World) and not get tired so easily. It's not just for the wedding and honeymoon... in the next couple of years I want to travel to Europe and not be the fat American tourist that everyone looks at with nasty looks. I want to be healthy and in shape if and when I have children. I want to feel "alive" for the rest of my life and not sit at home feeling ashamed and sorry for myself. I know it's going to be really hard but I have to keep telling myself that I don't want to live the rest of my life feeling like I have the past 20 or so years of my life.

Anyways, I want to congratulate all you other 2013 brides on here! I'm sure your goals, personal stories, and successes will encourage me and make this weight loss journey a lot easier for me. I hope I can do the same for you!
  • BeginningNew2012
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My wedding is October 12, 2013 and my goal is to lose the last 68 pounds by June 30 (due to dress alterations). Since becoming engaged in August I have lost 12 pounds. I have always had weight problems and after the birth of my son and now a wedding coming up, I am determined to get that healthy lifestyle and great body that I have always wanted. Enough complaining and doing nothing about it.

I know that with support each of us can reach the goals we have set for ourselves!
  • starlyte03
    Options
    Hey Everyone!!

My names Sam and I'll be getting married on 10/19/2013 to my best friend. He left on 9/16/12 and will be away for the next 6 months at the State Police Academy, so there's some extra motivation for my to get fit because he's going to come back ripped! haha Any ways I'm super excited to join this group for that extra push and support to get fit for my wedding!!

Oh, and I really want to feel good about my self so I can do a bridal boudoir shot for my future hubby, is anyone else doing one??

I was planning a bridal budoir shoot as well! I have to lose about 13 more lbs to be back to my goal weight first!! I think its gonna be so much fun!
  • starlyte03
    Options
    My name is Laura and I am getting married April 22 2013 in Riviera Maya Mexico!

I lost 30 lbs last year on weight watchers and I hit a plateau at 124 lbs. Guess I was being greedy because I wanted to lost 6 more lbs and after 6 months of trying I just gave up. Well now I am 13 lbs heavier and need to stop the emotional snacking! I decided to start MFP to do something different than weight watchers.

Looking to lose those 13 lbs again by the end of year so I can relax the few months before my wedding! I need all the motivation and support I can get!
  • ajkcardiff11
    Options
    Hi Everyone-
    What a great group to start :))
    This is the first time in my life I have ever joined an online "group".
    I am getting married March 1st in Hawaii.
    So my goal is 15 lb loss by Feb 22nd ( when we leave). Currently 158, would like to be under 145.

Im an avid fitness junkie, however, love my food :))
    Goals for me are to keep tracking (accurately), keep the cals low, and enjoy a healthy lifestyle en route to wedding body :)
  • andonsmama
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Kim.
    My fiance and I kind of did things in reverse and had our son before we got married. My son is 2 and our wedding is set for 4/5/13 in Las Vegas!! I am STILL carrying around 3/4 of the baby weight i gained....50lbs total :(
    MFP is helping me keep track of my calorie/fat intake and excersize. This is my second shot on MFP year, and i hope i can stick to it this time! LOL
    I am looking for/need that extra encouragement, motivation, ideas, support to FINALLY drop the baby weight for my wedding :)
    Anyone feel free to add me as a friend for that extra encouragement!!
    have a good day!!
  • laurielou04
    laurielou04 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Congrats to everyone! I am Lauren and I am so glad to have a group like this on here! I recently got engaged and the day I marry my best friend is Sept. 20, 2013. I am so excited. I have quite a bit of weight to loose. I am going to really try to loose a lot between now and december and that is when I am hoping to get a dress (going to try to get one with a corset back) so that i can continue to loose and not have to do a ton in alterations.

Feel free to add me :)

Yay us!!!!!!!!
  • Amara15
    Amara15 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone-

I just got engaged this weekend! The goal is for a fall 2013 wedding.
    My personal goal is to lose the last stubborn 8-10 that have been hanging on but ideally i would also really like to tone up and look fit, not skinny fat!
  • kelly_anne_kelly
    Options
    Hi All!

My wedding is May 25th, 2013-- less than six months away! I am hoping to lose 15-20 lbs and overall inches before the wedding.

I have been engaged for almost a year, and have been trying to lose the weight I gained after high school: college, working, etc- about 15 lbs crept up on me. I tried to lose weight for the engagement pictures but gained it back. Now I need to get serious because my strapless dress is tight- and I want to look slim and beautiful on my big day!
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Well, I realized I posted a topic on being new here but didn't see this thread. Whoops!

I got engaged to the love of my life on 10/19/2012 and we are getting married 10/13/2013. :bigsmile: My weight has crept back up since my fiance and I got serious, but I am determined to look amazing in that wedding dress.