Avoiding the Scale

Options
omorgano
omorgano Posts: 53 Member
Does anyone else avoid the sccel in between weigh-ins?

I feel that watching my weight fluctuating during the week would frustrate me.

Replies

• livaneah
    livaneah Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I know I shouldnt, but I cant help but jump on the scale every morning, just to see it go down!
  • omorgano
    Options
    Does it wind up discouraging you if you dont see what you expect?
  • jtakingcareofherself
    Options
    I know what you mean. I weigh myself every morning, but do get discouraged when there is no change or I "gain" a pound. It's kind of a love/hate relationship with the scale. The days it drops by 2 lbs - I'm elated!
  • omorgano
    Options
    That's great!
  • livaneah
    livaneah Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Its a little discouraging, since the first week I was seeing it go down a pound almost each day, but just seeing a number so much closer to my goal keeps me focused!
  • omorgano
    Options
    Thats a good attitude
  • ChamLis88
    ChamLis88 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I used to step on it everytime I went in my bathroom, (few times per day) now I only use it right before I get in the shower. It motivates me to see a loss, but also if there is a gain, its a good reminder to get more serious.. drink more water.. stay on track to see the loss.
  • omorgano
    Options
    Thats a good point. I remember last time I did IP, I would step on the scale everyday and get so frustrated but the numbers not changing or having a gain, I'd always question why I was doing it.
  • saminnd
    Options
    I know I should not weigh daily but its addictive, except for when it goes up!!! It seems like if I weigh weekly, Im pleasantly surprised, but if I weigh daily I notice the day to day flucuations which arent always good and then it seems I'm never at my lowest on the day I have to weigh in. Do you all notice that? Is it better not to weigh in all week and just weigh in officially? Im torn.
  • omorgano
    Options
    I think its a personal preference, honestly. I do it once a week and I don't get disappointed and frustrated. Others do it daily for the motivation, as stated above. So I guess it depends on what works best for you.
  • saminnd
    Options
    Thats just it. I've been trying to lose weight since college and havent acheived my goal, so i'm thinking I need to keep a more open mind and change how i do things so I'm not self perpetuating things here. I'm also giving up diet coke today - so maybe the daily scale too???:noway:
  • omorgano
    Options
    Are you on Ideal Protien?
  • HeartlessHarlot
    HeartlessHarlot Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    When I was doing the slow, watch what I eat and get my *kitten* off the couch weight loss, I could only weight once a week. But with IP, I found that if I don't have a daily reminder that the weight is going down, I'm more tempted to cheat here or there.
  • omorgano
    Options
    Good point... I've stepped on the scale a couple times