Motivation?

Harlemite
Harlemite Posts: 62 Member
What do you do in your TOPS groups to increase motivation?

Replies

• susan9
    susan9 Posts: 47 Member
    We have contests. We have a buddy contest. You and your buddy win a little prize if you lose 2weeks in a row. The idea is for you to call or email your buddy to give her support. We have three KOPS In our group. The fact that they keep the weight off is motivation.

We all take turns presenting a weight loss, nutrition, exercise etc topic. I'm suppose to talk tomorrow, but I can't deside what to talk about yet. Some of the ladies are such great speakers. I envy them because I'm not...they ARE motivating .
  • NikkiHann17
    NikkiHann17 Posts: 126 Member
    We do contests and prizes. For instance I was Princess last month because I was biggest loser :blushing: . We also are running a quarter contest right now. I have friends that call and make sure I'm hanging in there and I call them. We are a tight group that welcomes you and pulls you in. We don't believe in letting you get down. :noway:
  • Harlemite
    Susan and Nikki,

Thanks for the replies! We are currently doing a challenge and it has seemed to help with the motivation a bit. I've only been in TOPS since May but I have noticed that many in our group have become complacent with their weight. There are many weeks that the net loss for the GROUP is like 0.2!!!! That's NOT good when you have 20+ active members!!! (And only 2 KOPS.) It seems that our group is more social vs. being focused on taking off pounds. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE the social aspect of the group and everyone is loving and encouraging but we are here for a reason - to lose weight! :happy:
  • My husband calls it Taking On Pounds Sociably. lol My best friend and I joined about a year ago. We only recently got serious, and have started competing with eachother. Right now we have a We "Autumn" Be Losing contest going on. It lasts for 6 weeks. There is a poster of a tree. Every week, you wright your name and weight loss on a leaf, and pin it to the tree. Everyone pitches in a dollar. Winner takes all.
  • Harlemite
    My husband calls it Taking On Pounds Sociably. lol My best friend and I joined about a year ago. We only recently got serious, and have started competing with eachother. Right now we have a We "Autumn" Be Losing contest going on. It lasts for 6 weeks. There is a poster of a tree. Every week, you wright your name and weight loss on a leaf, and pin it to the tree. Everyone pitches in a dollar. Winner takes all.

OMG!!! I'm so ROTFL!!! I've not heard that before!! Now I can't wait to go to our meeting in the morning to share your hubby's definition for TOPS! :laugh:

Oh yeah, I love the tree/leaf contest! Great idea! :flowerforyou:

Elaine/aka Harlemite
  • Harlemite
    Right now we have a We "Autumn" Be Losing contest going on. It lasts for 6 weeks. There is a poster of a tree. Every week, you wright your name and weight loss on a leaf, and pin it to the tree. Everyone pitches in a dollar. Winner takes all.

How are you determining the winner? Percentage of weight loss? Most weight loss? Thanks!
  • susan9
    susan9 Posts: 47 Member
    If I don't lose, it's not my Tops group's fault. Going to the meeting helps me refocus even after a bad week. I might be 50 lbs bigger if I didn't go,
  • I agree - and we had a talk along those same lines last week. We have a core group and then members that come and go. However, if we the core are walking the talk and losing weight consistently and sensibly - then we can inspire new members. I blog semi-regularly and am working on consistently writing something there and something here. I'm calling it FOCUS! Keep moving forward - together we can do this!