This is amazing

Options
drmerc
drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
The U. S. has, by one explanation, an ongoing gun culture because it is a nation founded on the genocide of one race - Native Americans - and the enslavement of another - African Americans. Guns were needed to slaughter one people and to subjugate another. Hence, the tradition of gun possession became embedded in the American psyche.

http://peoplesworld.org/u-s-gun-culture-diagnosed-as-a-social-disease/

Replies

• glonigan
    Options
    What a joke.

I love being born in the only country in the world that is the root of all evil from the beginning of time. Never mind the european trading companies (read Dutch) that figured out that they could buy slaves from warring African tribes and find places to sell them. I forgot that the rest of the world has never had (past/present) any slave system whatsoever and all the rest of the worlds populations settled their regions in pure peace and utopia. If anything this idiot write should blame the Chinese that created the first gun and gun powder some 1500 year ago...or better yet the first primitive man to use a stick to club his rival or kill for food.

Sorry for the rambling but that poor writer needs to be dropped off in SE Asia or Africa and spend some time viewing the rest of the world and how it functions.
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I think it's funny [wry sarcasm here] that Americans are always the enemies because we own guns. They believe that everything is cute little kittens and rainbows, though so it doesn't surprise me in the least. It amazes me how these people believe what they say.
  • B1gH0g
    B1gH0g Posts: 361
    Options
    Typical liberal rhetoric. We had forefathers who were smart enough to understand the need for citizens to be armed.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    What a joke.

I love being born in the only country in the world that is the root of all evil from the beginning of time. Never mind the european trading companies (read Dutch) that figured out that they could buy slaves from warring African tribes and find places to sell them. I forgot that the rest of the world has never had (past/present) any slave system whatsoever and all the rest of the worlds populations settled their regions in pure peace and utopia. If anything this idiot write should blame the Chinese that created the first gun and gun powder some 1500 year ago...or better yet the first primitive man to use a stick to club his rival or kill for food.

Sorry for the rambling but that poor writer needs to be dropped off in SE Asia or Africa and spend some time viewing the rest of the world and how it functions.

You basically read my mind. The French, Spanish, Dutch, English, Portuguese, NONE of them enslaved, eliminated, or subjugated other races for their own political/religious and economic success. No one still does this, either. The US has a monopoly on it. USA! USA!

Also, I love it when other people tell me (not in so many words) that I am a racist. Surely you must know my mind because I am an American.