Introductions and Challenge Goals - Get Through the Holidays

Options
2»

Replies

• tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Hi Sharon...thanks for starting the group. I need accountability through the holiday season.

Hi, I'm Sharon! I and 48 yrs old, have been with MFP for almost a year and have lost 35 lbs to date. I have over 100 more to go and am shooting to reach my goal weight by my 50th birthday - about 14 months away. I know I can do it - it's just ACTUALLY doing it!!

I formed this group because being from western New York - the Fall and Holiday season is my biggest challenge each year. I love the Fall - not just the change in seasons, or the beautiful pallette of leave colors on the trees...I love Fall comfort foods! And then once the holidays hit - I usually undo any good I've done the rest of the year. Last year with MFP, I made it through the holiday season with an actualy weight loss - and I thank a challenge team and a handful of great MFP friends that were there to help me get through it. So I wanted to pass that on for another year! And so we have the Let's Just Get Through the Holidays Group!!

Here are my 3 goals for the next 3 months:
    * Lose a minimum of 10 lbs by the end of the challenge
    * Work veggies back into my diet - at least 2-3 servicing a day
    * Get back to the gym - at least 2-3 times a week

I will start a new weekly topic thread on Thursday, September 27th - to get us going. These weekly topics are for you to update how you are doing on your goals. You can also use them to post your weight loss, or anything else you want to track weekly. Thursdays have seemed to work good in the past - but if you weigh in a different day of the week, just log in on that day and post to the thread.

Good luck to everyone! If you add me as a friend during the challenge, you will also see in your home page when I post new topics. I recommend also friend-ing others in the group so you can see when they post as well!

Have a great last week of September!

Sharon (LovinLifeChik)
    [/quote]
  • angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! My name is Angie and I am 32 years old. I live in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia, right on the border with Maryland. I live with my fiancée, two dogs (one is a puppy), and four cats. We will be getting married very soon.

I have started back with MFP in the last couple of weeks. I lost almost 30 pounds on Weight Watchers throughout the spring, but fell of the wagon during the summer and regained about half of my loss. I have chosen to recommit using MFP because I am saving up for my Wedding (a cruise in either April or June) and can really use that $45 bucks a month for other things. MFP has the same great web resources that I received with Weight Watchers so the only difference is the lack of meeting. I am hoping that this group will fill that void for me and help me learn what others are doing.

I am an elementary music teacher. I also teach piano and voice lessons at a nearby University two nights a week and I am pursuing my Master’s degree. All of this keeps me VERY busy! Thus, accountability is key.

My three goals are:
    1. I will lose 20 more pounds in the next three months. (By NY Eve)
    2. I will do so by tracking my calories on here everyday (even the not-so-hot days)
    3. Start incorporating upper body strength training, or what I like to call “Project Wedding Dress Arms.” ☺

I look forward to getting to know everyone!
  • cah0806
    cah0806 Posts: 112
    Options
    Tammy and Amanda, it's great to be in a group with you ladies again! And it's so nice to meet all of you other group members! I'm excited and ready to get serious about making some lifestyle changes that stick!
    We're off to a great start!!
    Christy
  • Olive32214
    Olive32214 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm Olive and I'm from Ireland, Mother of two daughters and work part-time..
    I have lost 42 lbs and have 100 more to go.

Goals.. 1. To exercise 5 times a week.
    2. To have Control.
    3. More veggies.

SW.. 276 lbs
    GW...246 lbs

Enjoy the rest of the evening and Thanks for starting this Sharon.
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I figured out how to join a group; learned something new today.

I'd like to join your group if you would have me. I've been off and on MFP since 2009 and find that the challenges are always the best way to stay focused because there are many like minded folks all working towards a goal.

My three goals:

1. Get and STAY below 200 by Thanksgiving and through Christmas
    2. Only buy groceries for a few days worth of meals at one time
    3. Go to at least 1 Zumba class a week over the next 3 months

I'm Stephanie from Mass, no kids, just dogs.
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I figured out how to join a group; learned something new today.

I'd like to join your group if you would have me. I've been off and on MFP since 2009 and find that the challenges are always the best way to stay focused because there are many like minded folks all working towards a goal.

My three goals:

1. Get and STAY below 200 by Thanksgiving and through Christmas
    2. Only buy groceries for a few days worth of meals at one time
    3. Go to at least 1 Zumba class a week over the next 3 months

I'm Stephanie from Mass, no kids, just dogs.

Welcome Stephanie. Glad to have you:smile:
  • healthyversionofme
    Options
    I just restarted my page and this is just the group for me! i lost weight and gained again all because i didnt do it the right way. i am 30 years old, working mom of 2 and wife. looking to balance out life as a healthy woman. i would love to lose 50 pounds but for the holidays ill take 13. 3 goals:

1. workout to maintain all the holiday treats
    2. dont eat every sweet as if its the last on earth
    3. lose 13 pounds
  • healthyversionofme
    Options
    I just restarted my page and this is just the group for me! i lost weight and gained again all because i didnt do it the right way. i am 30 years old, working mom of 2 and wife. looking to balance out life as a healthy woman. i would love to lose 50 pounds but for the holidays ill take 13. 3 goals:

1. workout to maintain all the holiday treats
    2. dont eat every sweet as if its the last on earth
    3. lose 13 pounds

my name is Toya...sorry :smile:
  • tammyymmat
    tammyymmat Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi all, my name is Tammy from Battle Ground Washington. I am a 45 yr old mom of three, oldest is a senior physics major at University of Portland, middle is a young married mommy, and youngest is only a 5th grader (we call him our cabboose). Married since 1989 to the same husband :noway: wow, how time flies! Well my goals are to lose 10 lbs during the next three months, log in ALL foods, and to maybe add in some other types of excersise. Starting weight is 182, hope to be seeing that go down steadily.
  • emangr88
    emangr88 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    hi everyone! i'm em, an almost-24-year-old grad student and nanny with the body of a 70 year old. i'm looking forward to finally getting into shape so i can start to feel as young as i actually am. i have fibromyalgia and i'm pre-arthritic, and i have a lot of health complications because of it. with chronic fatigue and pain, i have a hard time motivating myself to get into shape. but when i'm eating well and working out, i usually feel a lot better. i just need support to actually do it this time...

here are my three goals for this upcoming holiday season:
    1) cardio: at least 3x a week for 30 minutes each time. i'd love to ideally fit in 4, 45-minute workouts, but i've gotta start small. anything beyond these 3 workouts is just a bonus!
    2) strength: actually start strength training, at least 3x a week! i'm going to dust off my jillian michaels dvds...
    3) food: eat more whole foods. buy mostly produce and go from there. cut out some of the crap like starchy carbs and eat more vegetables!

good luck to everyone :)
  • enjoynlife
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Gi. I am new to MFP Groups, but have had an account for years. I started fresh and I think I joined this at the beginning, but forgot to post an intro because I have been out of town. I just got back fully on track Oct 1st with my final restart. I have over 100+ to lose and the holidays are always the hardest for me. I really want to make this year different. I may not be 100% all the way through, but I want to make an effort to not ever have another re-start and go into Jan 1st with a continuing effort instead of starting over like I do each year with a big holiday gain.

My 3 main goals for the next 3 months:
    Journal everything that goes into my mouth
    Strength Train 3 times per week/some form of exercise 6 times per week
    Increase my water intake

We can do this!