Ab work

Options
brbetha01
brbetha01 Posts: 179 Member
Well, I have not done the 30 Day Shred these last couple of days because I have to get up early to get it in and I've been exhausted and fighting a bug so I figured the sleep would benefit me more right now. However, I have gone to the gym during lunch and incorporated some of the ab workouts from 30DS.

Can I just say WOW. It is rare for my abs to ever get sore in the areas they are sore at right now - particularly the lower abs and obliques. I am really excited that I have learned how to do some ab moves that actually work the area I've been needing worked. I'm hoping if I keep at it with these abs moves, I may actually get those results that I've been wanting.

On a sidenote, I plan on continuing the 30DS but not moving up to level 3 until after next Thursday (Oct 4) because I have a PT test (I'm military) and don't want any sore muscles in new areas going into that... guess mine will be an extended 30 Day Shred.

Replies

• sarah1334
    sarah1334 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    First, sorry about the bug... seems like a lot of people are getting sick this week! Hope you feel better soon!!

Which of Jillian's ab moves are you doing at the gym? I like that idea... I sometimes feel like I don't get enough ab work in during the 30DS. Although, I will say that the ab stuff is a LOT harder in level 3 and I can definitely feel it more!

Good luck with your PT test!!
  • stacdjen
    stacdjen Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to think that if you can actually finish the 30DS in 30 days then you are just amazing! lol I'm on the extended version as well. I can't seem to get motivated on level 2. I'm finding it easier to just not do it and I don't like that. I've done it once this week. I am going to the gym so it's not like there isn't a workout but I really need the toning that the video gives. I'm debated on switching things up and starting level 3 and then maybe picking up the missed days at the end. Just a thought since I'm having such a hard time.

Hope you feel better. :)
  • SaraSapp
    SaraSapp Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    On a sidenote, I plan on continuing the 30DS but not moving up to level 3 until after next Thursday (Oct 4) because I have a PT test (I'm military) and don't want any sore muscles in new areas going into that... guess mine will be an extended 30 Day Shred.

If I do the 30DS level 2 every day until then (oct 4) I'll be ready to move on to level 3 with you! I finished day 2 level 2 this monring. I'm sweating a lot more in this round. But my abs aren't hurting. I must not be doing enough. I was thinking about trying out the 6 pack in 6 weeks video next. Maybe we should all start another video together once we're done with the 30DS!
  • SaraSapp
    SaraSapp Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Oh, and feel better! You guys are all getting sick! Don't pass it on to me, please! I can't afford to take any days off!
  • brbetha01
    brbetha01 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking the same thing about Jillian's ab workout.

I've been doing the reverse crunches, bicycle kicks, and the plank where you move your knee across your chest (the 1-min ab move). I also incorporated doing the reverse crunches where I lift them parallel to the ground and lift my hips slightly, then lower. I have definitely been feeling those. I'll do 15 sets of each then rest and repeat one more time.
  • mssoulrebel_77
    Options
    Maybe we should all start another video together once we're done with the 30DS!

I think that's a great idea! I ordered Ripped in 30 and the legs dvd... but after reading what y'all wrote thinking about getting the abs video and setting up a schedule of the abs & legs
  • sarah1334
    sarah1334 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Maybe we should all start another video together once we're done with the 30DS!

I'm down! I have Ripped in 30 (which is my vote!) and I also have 6 Week 6 Pack. I've tried them both, but haven't done either consistently, so I'd love to do it with you guys :)

Question: Have any of you ever heard of "The Butt Bible" DVDs? Ridiculous name... but looks like a good workout lol. I've seen some other MFP people say it's really good. And let's be real.... my backside could use some serious attention.... ha...