What's everyone's numbers?

Options
Right so I am jumping back on the low carb wagon, as I was so successful the last time..

And I am intrigued to find you what the rest of you no carbs aims to eat on MFP..

My numbers
Up to 50g- Carbs
Up to 50g - Fat
Up to 150g- Protein
1400-Calories

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    30g of carbs, 80g of protein and the rest is fat (around 80g)
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was:

1,801calories
    32g carbs
    157g fat
    104g protein

Pretty typical for me if a little calorie-light, I err on the side of more fat.
  • zynx1234
    zynx1234 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I get 1700 (I am bit saying I stay there :( ) and I do a 70%Fat 25Protein and 5% carbs
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Man...I thought I was doing pretty good at doing the low carb thing but you guys are making me look like a wimp! Still got some changes to make it looks like. Do you guys not eat much fruit? That's where most of my carbs come from.
  • wfte
    wfte Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Calories: 2550

I'm set at Fat 55% (155g), Protein 25% (160g), Carbs 20% (125g)

My fat I see as a minimum figure though and my carb a maximum figure. In fact I've been 15% or lower on my carbs for the last 5 days. :-)
  • TheVimFuego
    Options
    Man...I thought I was doing pretty good at doing the low carb thing but you guys are making me look like a wimp! Still got some changes to make it looks like. Do you guys not eat much fruit? That's where most of my carbs come from.

Some home-grown strawberries (with heavy cream) and that's about it for me.

I go crazy on the leafy greens and not so much on the fruit.

If I were exercising more then I'd have no problems getting more fruit into my daily routine but right now I'm happy to be a fat-burning sloth. ;)
  • jutymo
    jutymo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did:

Calories 1472
    Carbs 36, fiber 19 so net of 17
    Fat 111g
    Protein 87g

I'm working on getting more fat in my diet so yesterday was higher than usual for me. Hoping to see if it'll reflect in a drop on the scale. I've been sitting at the same weight for a couple of months so doing some tweeking.
  • missismonty
    missismonty Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi Ive been at about 40 - 50 g of carbs but today thats up at 70g as Ive had a lot of veggies. Still healthy tho x
  • StarLeopard
    StarLeopard Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I took all seven (including my own) inputs, converted the ones not in percentages to percentages, and averaged them out. The average for this admittedly small sample is:

Carbs = 12% (of total daily calories) High = 20, Low = 5
    Fat = 61% H = 72, L = 33
    Prot = 27% H = 50, L = 21

My own numbers for the past few days were 15% 65% 20%.

Thanks for asking the question and for everyone's input. These are the protein/fat numbers I've been looking for and it seems that I just fell into the approximate average range naturally just by just keeping my carbs low.

I hope I did the math right and didn't transpose any numbers. It seems reasonable. Your own mileage may vary. Cheers, Ed
  • DaphneMay81
    Options
    Today:
    Calories: 1650
    Carbs: 9 g
    Fat: 141 g
    Protein: 86 g

I'm very much an Atkins newbie, today was day 4 of induction but I have to say it's much easier than I thought it would be. Apart from a headache on day 1 and 2 I'm feeling fine. I'm not even thinking about eating sweets, biscuits (always my downfall) and I'm not hungry! I should probably include some more veggies but I'm still finding my feet.

I feel such a fool for always having dismissed Atkins as a fad diet. I picked up "Why we get fat and what to do about it' by Gary Taubes by accident two weeks ago, what an eye opener that was!
  • TheVimFuego
    Options
    I took all seven (including my own) inputs, converted the ones not in percentages to percentages, and averaged them out. The average for this admittedly small sample is:

Carbs = 12% (of total daily calories) High = 20, Low = 5
    Fat = 61% H = 72, L = 33
    Prot = 27% H = 50, L = 21

My own numbers for the past few days were 15% 65% 20%.

Thanks for asking the question and for everyone's input. These are the protein/fat numbers I've been looking for and it seems that I just fell into the approximate average range naturally just by just keeping my carbs low.

I hope I did the math right and didn't transpose any numbers. It seems reasonable. Your own mileage may vary. Cheers, Ed

15% 65% 20% is pretty much my target too, a fattier day will make itself known on the bog/john/whatever ;)

I reckon we should all just eat eggs, they contain everything to make a whole chicken you know: 2% 63% 35%

I'm going to write the Egg Diet book, we don't have enough diet books out there ...
  • TheVimFuego
    Options
    I feel such a fool for always having dismissed Atkins as a fad diet. I picked up "Why we get fat and what to do about it' by Gary Taubes by accident two weeks ago, what an eye opener that was!

Taubes made me really think about whether there was any real science behind what we are told to eat. He doesn't pretend to know it all, he just puts it out the idea that maybe we have been going down the wrong tracks.

And I think we have in many ways. Everything from nutrition to exercise, of which I have done none this week ;)

It's a shame that any attempt at "low (adequate) carbing" is tainted with some negative aspects of what people think Atkins is all about (unlimited quantities of some foods, unnecessary limitations on some carbs, etc).

Maybe the currently popular 'Paleo' thing will help the image, as this is, essentially, a low carb plan with some anti-inflammatory aspects to it.

I think eventually we'll all come around to the idea that there is an individual carbohydrate tolerance level both in terms of the types of carbs (slow vs fast acting) and the quantity of them.

And this level is set by genetics and nutritional history (yo yo dieting, high carb diets, sugary drinks, etc).

My journey started with Good Calories, Bad Calories ... Monster read.
  • StarLeopard
    StarLeopard Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I feel such a fool for always having dismissed Atkins as a fad diet.
    Don't beat yourself up about this too much. We're supposed to be able to trust doctors, nutrition experts and our government representatives. But once we are exposed to an alternative hypothesis, then it's really up to each of us to find out what works for us. We are ultimately responsible for our own health. I have to admit that I was a bit hesitant myself until my doctor suggested it to me. Then everything clicked into place.

DeadVim, do you still recommend reading Good Calories, Bad Calories after reading Why We Get Fat? Aren't they pretty much about the same thing?
  • TheVimFuego
    Options
    I feel such a fool for always having dismissed Atkins as a fad diet.
    Don't beat yourself up about this too much. We're supposed to be able to trust doctors, nutrition experts and our government representatives. But once we are exposed to an alternative hypothesis, then it's really up to each of us to find out what works for us. We are ultimately responsible for our own health. I have to admit that I was a bit hesitant myself until my doctor suggested it to me. Then everything clicked into place.

DeadVim, do you still recommend reading Good Calories, Bad Calories after reading Why We Get Fat? Aren't they pretty much about the same thing?

I am a bit of a nerd and appreciate the detail so I'd say get GCBC if you want some more background and analysis.

It won't tell you much more on a practical level but will flesh out the reasoning.

I'd say that you can get just as healthy by sticking to the Why We Get Fat overview (i.e. avoid the sugars and starches) but I still re-read GCBC chapters just for fun ... As I say, I'm a nerd :)

Taubes + Sisson + Wheat Belly = Me here doing very little time- consuming exercise, drinking red, eating right and making great progress visually (not focused on the scale) ... It's difficult to argue with.

Taubes got me thinking about the hormones, Sisson made it clear that grains were maybe not a good idea AND that I do not have to go mad with cardio exercise and Dr Davis opened my eyes to wheat and the sub-clinical issues out there that some people just treat as 'normal'.

Nobody has all the answers but for me a carb-rich, high blood sugar diet just doesn't seem optimal on any level.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1520 cals, which works out to 38g carb, 95 g protein, 110 g fat. I've been a bit over on carbs lately, so am watching my numbers more closely now.

10%/25%/65%
  • kvalmera
    kvalmera Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Mine is 45g carb - 10%
    135 g protein - 30%
    120 g fat - 60%
  • danni_l
    danni_l Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Right so I am jumping back on the low carb wagon, as I was so successful the last time..

And I am intrigued to find you what the rest of you no carbs aims to eat on MFP..

My numbers
    Up to 50g- Carbs
    Up to 50g - Fat
    Up to 150g- Protein
    1400-Calories

Im very similar to you
    45g carbs
    40g fat
    165g protein
    1200 calories

I usually am pretty strict during the week, but then relax it a bit over the wknd, still doing low carb, but I usually go over on the calories.
    I think I need to tweak my numbers and / or eating habits as I struggle to reach my protein goal most days!
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    when i was losing i did about 1200-1400 cals
    20-30 net carbs
    and a lot of protein

maintaining im usually around 1400-1500 cals
    30-50 net carbs
    and alot of protein

it depends on the day it goes up it goes down
    it all works out in the end

low carb has made it so that i can eat more cals and be satisfied im really greatful for that
  • Zaphyre13
    Zaphyre13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Good Calories Bad Calories = paradigm shift for me (listened to audio book - easier than reading, it would of been
    a tough read!)

Your Daily Goal calories 1,500 - carbs 19 - Fat 100 - protein 131
  • skinnyeascolady
    skinnyeascolady Posts: 287 Member
    Options

My numbers
    Up to 50g- Carbs
    Up to 50g - Fat
    Up to 150g- Protein
    1400-Calories

Same except for cal count I am at about 1300