Week 4 Beginning to Lose Motivation

Options
Hello - I just came from my Ideal Protein Week 4 weigh in and though I lost 2#s (15.6 #s total), I expected more. I am going to quit being a Princess and stop cheating with diet coke, but other than that I have been sticking to the sheet and just losing 2 #s or less each week. I have 100#s to lose so if you have motivation, ideas or have been there, please friend me as I can use any help you can offer. I think its a great diet as I've seen the results and just keep telling myself it is not for life.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• omorgano
    omorgano Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    The diet coke may have been a factor, my coach told me that diet coke was not allowed and I brought up that it was sweetened artificially and she said that the sweetner they use affects the diet, she went into more detail about it, but I cannot remember.
  • saminnd
    Options
    I know, my coach told me that too and everything you cant remember, neither can I. I need to get over thinking I know better and keep an open mind and do what the plan says, not what I think.

Yesterday was my first day without diet coke :explode: everyone seems to be taking a very wide berth around my office!!!! It will be worth it.

We will have a great day today!!!!:drinker:
  • omorgano
    Options
    I started writing a blog to help me keep track of how I am feeling and to keep myself accountable. I tell myself that if I dont log on everyday and do my blog and journal, then I'm not being accountable for my goals. Its been really helpful :-)
  • saminnd
    Options
    I was just thinking that! I do think the more you do to make it a priority in your mind...so good idea and keep up the good work. Maybe I will start one also. Someone said they just print out their MFP food log rather than writing in the book. Do they allow that? Im an accountant and I really hate writing things out by hand. My handwriting is really awful. My husband just finished his first week. He has all these ideas about how I can improve my diet - I put out my hand and said Nope - talk to me once you've been on it for four weeks. Ugh! I have to make sure i dont compare my losses to his.
  • omorgano
    Options
    Yeah, I just print out my log, I told my coach I was doing that and she didnt have an objections to it. Each coach may be different. My hand writing sucks, so mine might apprciate it more from me LOL. Yes, its important that you dont compair your goals to his. I did that with my husband when were were both doing ideal protein and it just frustrated me. He was seeing better results than I was. Everyone loses weight differently.
  • linda_p
    linda_p Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I think it's more about the carbonation than the sweetener in diet coke, because the carbonation adds carbon dioxide which is more acidic, causing the kidneys to work harder at balancing your body's pH. Check out the link below.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/114475-carbonated-water-vs.-flat-water/
  • jtakingcareofherself
    Options
    Linda is right on! It's about the acid/base balance. As for printing out the logs, my coach was good with it. The most important thing is to keep track of everything to keep yourself accountable. I've been doing two many (what I call) "little cheats" lately, such as 2 restricteds, or a little bit of bacon, or a little bit of cheese, etc. So I'm going on Phase 3 and plan on losing the last 10 lbs with exercise and fewer carbs. Wish me luck.
  • livaneah
    livaneah Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the crystal light water enhancers? I am off of Mountain Dew for 5 weeks now... and that alone could account for a lot of my weight loss Im sure! I drink at least one caffinated crystal light flavor a day. The Strawberry Kiwi Energy is really good.
  • linda_p
    Options
    Yes, I love the Peach Mango Green Tea and the Mojito!
  • mandypatt11
    Options
    Is there a max amount of crystal light or mio we are allowed to have a day? Mio has no carbs, calories or fat.
  • linda_p
    Options
    Good question Mandypatt11. I was wondering the same thing because I tend to put a Crystal Light packet into every bottle of water. It should be a freebie because it has 0 fat, 0 carbs, 0 sugar but I do not have an official word on a limit. Probably not the best thing to overdo because of the additives, health wise.
  • longfrenchbraid
    longfrenchbraid Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    don't quit. don't quit don't quit. (but yes, stop drinking diet soda, it changes your ph balance and you have to quit in order to lose fast!)

I have lost 120 lbs in 9 months on Ideal protein, that after having lost 200 regular diet and exercise. DON'T QUIT.

JUST DO THE TIME, GET IT OFF, AND BELIEVE!!

GO EASY on all the zero carb drink stuff. 2 a day works.