Introductions!!

Options
Lets get to know each other!!!

Let us know a little bit about yourself and why you chose to take on this challenge. Let us know how you like to be supported and how you like to be pushed... Let us know what you struggle with....

Ready.... Set.... GO!!!!!!!

Replies

• Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    Well my name was derived in part from my real name and and I added the ending knowing what would be required to make a real change. And no, my parents weren't high and named me power. Well, I suppose they might've been high but ... I'm getting off track here.

I came up with this challenge with the knowledge that my diet was holding me back. I've been working way too much over time which all but eliminated my free time so the gym visits took a **** kicking. Work started to provide food for those pounding out the OT and you KNOW that was never going to be good. It wasn't long before I started to gain weight. I needed a solution that would keep me focused.

There have been times when I posted I was heading to the gym and a few key MFPeeps chimed in with encouraging words about tearing it up. I normally grab my phone from my locker and use it for music during cardio and those words of encouragement meant the world to me.

During my journy it has become apparent that carbs and sugar have the biggest negative affect on me personally. The weeks I lost the most, I steered away from carbs. Anything over 50 on the glycemic index I need to avoid. Therefore I don't think I'll be having any more bananas for 90 days.
  • kateflourishes
    kateflourishes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm Kate- married mom to a two year old, desk worker for 8 hours a day, alive for the other 16 hours. I'm training for two half-marathons in October. I struggle with eating when bored/upset/happy/sad/emotional- pretty much the gamut! I took this challenge because I want to rededicate myself with every decision I make to create a healthier, stronger me! After the halfs, I want to complete Insanity and continue eating right. I also want to start a new career and think maybe fitness is a good road for me. Just want to look into it :-) So I'm here to motivate others and myself to be healthy and strong! Making the right decisions on a daily basis adds up to a huge payoff in the long run! Take those small steps and you'll see the results in the end!
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    FunkyGranolaTree Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hi ALL! Im Sarah. I am a married mom of a 2 year old autistic boy and a 1 year old dinosaur impersonating boy. I have battled weight my whole life with a vicious cycle of depression, loss, and knee surgeries. I work two jobs that keep me super busy and have recently fallen in love with running.

When Will originally posted this "thought", I totally jumped on it. This was exactly what i needed. I need to be accountable to other people. When I am "on" I am "ON". My diary is clean, no processed foods, 8-9 fruit and veggies a day, a gallon of water, 4-5 work outs a week..... But on the flip side... when I fall.... I fall hard!!! One of my biggest guilty pleasures is salt! I think that is what drives me to drink so much water, so that i can feel less guilty about the salt i pour onto my sweet potato, and cottage cheese, and broccoli..

I am a big fan of the guilt trip slap in the face when I slack off... Be as cold as you want!!!

I love supporting other people through this work and helping them to find ways to get the results that they yearn for.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    hey guys! thanks for the start....been fun/interesting reading the stories.

I am Dave, live in Vancouver, BC. I own and run a very small business (micro - two people) and days can be quite long during certain weeks or months. normally I eat very well through the day (especially on week days) but if it's a super long day, + long commute (usually 60 mins each way) sometimes I lean on booze to take the edge off. I have clamped down hard on this and been really good lately.

the other thing - my job is VERY sendentary - I don't move a lot. especially in a small office. not even walking to meetings much.

Normally I am really good on workouts (but I go in spurts....I need to stay consistent for longer than 4-6 weeks). And my other downfall - weekends. Sometimes I go a bit over the top with beer or cheat stuff....never horrid....but too much to lose signifcant weight.

one last thing - i love hummus. and recently I noticed I haven't been measuring my servings...so instead of 70 cals - I think soemtimes its more like 200+. that's not helping.

what worked for me before - hard core 6 days a week - with one day (or lunch and dinner) where I relax a bit and have a few high cal means and let my hair down. HOWEVER..I must remember, this is one day. Not friday, saturday AND sunday. lol.

anyways. let's kick *kitten*!

PS. I have one of those bodies...where it seems harder to lose weight than some. I have a few friends who just basically stop eating fast food - work out like 2 times a week and drop 30 in 3 months. that's not me... i wish it was. but hey...gotta work with what I got....onwards and upwards!
  • MatrixDyke
    MatrixDyke Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello All, I’m Jeannette...a single 32 year old living just north of San Francisco trying to figure it all out. I recently just came back from Burning Man, an intense but fun week of survival/partying in the Nevada desert, and it’s always a rough transition for both my eating habits & my work out routine. At the moment my fridge is full of condiments and yogurt...something that needs to change obviously because that means I have been eating out at restaurants/on the go for the few weeks I have been home. My weight loss journey has plateaued since I lost my 100lbs last year…mostly because the intense workout/diet regiment that I had put into place sorta petered out as I started to enjoy the new me that was smaller and could actually get out and do stuff. Time to snap back into it and lose the last 50lbs (my goal is to get under 200lbs). My food diary is viewable to all my friends because nothing motivates me more than someone calling me out and telling me how it is.

I’m here to relearn how to eat healthy, keep myself accountable for my food/beverage intake and also to learn tips/tricks/recipes that will help me to achieve my ultimate weight loss goal.

:tongue:

Lets do this....lets light this candle.
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone.

I'm Amber 27 single living in TN with a cat. I could definitely be eating a lot better. I'm here because Sarah (Funky) posted and it seemed a good idea. I also hate talking about myself but will answer any questions.

amber
  • Pizzagirl50
    Pizzagirl50 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Nice to "meet" you all. I'm a few days late but still have many days to go so....

My name is Tasha and I live in the Hope, BC. I have a 7 year old foster child living with me who is my neice. I go hard for 4-5 weeks then I take a "break" that lasts too long. I'm a huge fan of traveling so kind of use that as an excuse. I do really good until my holiday then have a hard time getting back into a healthy routine when I get back. I've gotten quite comfortable with my loss and think I look "ok" right now but I want more. I sleep better and find I have an overall better attutide when I eat well. I'm doing this for all the people in my life that think/say I can't. Sick of the comments at family gatherings. Tell me I can't do something and I'll prove you wrong. I'm also a fan of tough love for motivation.

My diary is private because I was logging what I wanted people to see, not what I was actually eating. I'm not eating crap but also not eating as well as I should. I am now logging exactly what I eat and no fear of someone commenting that I'm addicted to coffee.

Let's get this done!
  • gerirojas
    gerirojas Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hey Ya'll I just joined today, thought about it last week and didn't thinbk I could do it, but dam it I will do this.

My name is Geri, I'm 41 married to a great guy for 6 years, have two little ones 5 and 3 who keep me on my toes, I'm from Texas but hubby is working here in TN so here we are. It's ok its not Texas but were adapting, hard to meet people, but its still early days.

I love to work out and eat right, but lately I've been slipping and I love my wine which leads to eating the wrong food especially late at night, cereal, cereal bars, graham crackers all that crunchy sweet stuff.

So my biggest personal challenge for this is no wine during the week and then the rest should be easier.

I want to loose the extra pounds I've gained before Christmas, and I will do this

Good luck everyone
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    Hey Ya'll I just joined today, thought about it last week and didn't thinbk I could do it, but dam it I will do this.

My name is Geri and I'm a total ROCK STAR!! I'm 41 married to a great guy for 6 years, have two little ones 5 and 3 who keep me on my toes, I'm from Texas but hubby is working here in TN so here we are. It's ok its not Texas but were adapting, hard to meet people, but its still early days.

I love to work out and eat right, but lately I've been slipping and I love my wine which leads to eating the wrong food especially late at night, cereal, cereal bars, graham crackers all that crunchy sweet stuff.

So my biggest personal challenge for this is no wine during the week and then the rest should be easier.

I want to loose the extra pounds I've gained before Christmas, and I will do this

Good luck everyone

^^^ Fixed it for ya, Geri!