Weigh in day

Options
Well here we go, getting through the holidays has begun. Let's do it!!!!!

SW 191
GW 176

15 lbs to get there and I am looking for and going to give help and understanding.
Thanksgiving is just a week and a half away for us up here and that will be challenging. But ...... I can do it.

Good Luck to all and see you on the boards!!!

Georgina

Replies

• LovinLifeChik
    LovinLifeChik Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thanks, for getting us going for our first week check-in, Georgina!! Sorry - Worry was just crazy this morning and I wasn't able to get on before now!

As for my challenge goals - I'm beginning work this coming week on them - but here's how I'm doing so far:
    * Lose a minimum of 10 lbs by the end of the challenge - I am starting in at 303.8, up just about a 1/2 lb from before vacation (and immediately following TOM) so I'm not feeling too bad about that number! Goal for our challenge end is about 290.

* Work veggies back into my diet (at least 2-3 servicing a day) - low on this targer, but back on track for next week

* Get back to the gym (at least 2-3 times a week) - haven't been yet this week, although I've gotten some small spurts of cardio in this week. Hoping to be back into the gym by the weekend!

Sending good vibes out to all of our challenge members! Hope you all have a great week!

Sharon
  • Dot2Dots
    Dot2Dots Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My three goals are:

1. Eat less processed foods.
    2. Try one or two new recipes a week from the skinnytaste.com website.
    3. Lose 10 lbs.

Weigh in:
    9/27/12: 159.2 lbs.
    10/4/12:
    10/11/12:
    10/18/12:
    10/25/12:
    11/1/12:
    11/8/12:
    11/15/12:
    11/22/12:
    11/29/12:
    12/6/12:
    12/13/12:
    12/20/12:
    12/27/12:
    1/3/13:
  • SweetMe1
    SweetMe1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Greetings form Oregon!

SW: 206.4 (9/19)
    CW: 197.6
    GW (for this group: 181

I'm sending my husband to the grocery store to do the shopping. This makes it easy to meet my goal of keeping out of the bakery and the candy aisle. LOL
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Hi all...happy Thursday:smile:

CW: 170.8
    GW: 160

This is my goal weight for this holiday challenge. I want to lose another 10 pounds beyond that, but that will come later. Good luck to everyone. Have a good weekend!
  • angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! Angie here…

My three goals are:
    1. I will lose 20 more pounds in the next three months. (By NY Eve)
    2. I will do so by tracking my calories on here everyday (even the not-so-hot days)
    3. Start incorporating upper body strength training, or what I like to call “Project Wedding Dress Arms.” ☺

SW: 355.4

I will try to get a picture up here as soon as possible.
    (Posting from my work computer right now)
  • healthyversionofme
    Options
    I am excited about the group. I have 50 pounds to lose...but i will settle for 13 pounds by the end of the year. Lets rock this out.

sw- 180
    gw- 167
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    CW: 212.6

My three goals:

1. Get and STAY below 200 by Thanksgiving and through Christmas
    2. Only buy groceries for a few days worth of meals at one time (I keep too much food available, even if it's good food I eat it)
    3. Go to at least 1 Zumba class per week over the next 3 months
  • cah0806
    cah0806 Posts: 112
    Options
    Hello! Hope you're all doing well!!

CW: 165.2
    GW: 160 (for this challenge)

I have been doing well this week logging my food daily and being honest!! Also, I went to the gym today for a training session so now I feel like I am ready to start more strength training. To go along with my cardio. I am trying to find a local work out buddy, but no luck thus far! I want to lose 10-15 pounds, but 5 in the short-term. I am also taking into consideration that with strength training I may not lose and may gain a little. I also have found that these last few are much harder to get off.

Good luck, everyone!! We can do this.

Christy
  • Joy1611
    Joy1611 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Is there a certain day of the week to post our weigh-ins? I thought the official start date for this was going to be October 1st, although I know we all started posting our goals and our weight already. Mine are on the Introduction thread. I will be out of town this weekend, but when I get back, I will be ready to get focused on my goals. Monday, October 1st is exactly 13 weeks away from the end of the year (New Year's Eve). My current weight is 275 and my goal weight is 250 by that time. I know that is a high goal during the holidays, but I am going to aim for it. I have been hanging out in the 260's-270's for the past 2 years and I am ready to move on!

Have a great weekend everyone and I will check back in Monday! :flowerforyou:
  • jenguhl
    Options
    SW 141 ( did I mention I'm only 5' 2"?)
    GW 132-135

Who am I kidding? If I could button my pants without the button leaving an imprint on my belly fat, I'd be thrilled!
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    SW: 151.8
    GW: 130-135

It depends on how I feel. I want to lose more belly fat and more tone is my goals during this period.
  • 21Shelley
    Options
    Current weight 209.6
    Goal Weight : 180.00 (then 140)

What day will we weigh in??
  • Jeyed
    Jeyed Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Goals, hmmm, this is hard for me as I am only 1 &1/2 pounds away from the original goal weight I set for myself since starting on MFP January 17, 2012. However, I would like to work on my arms and mid section, so I guess those will work to start with.

**work on arms
    **work on mid section

On a side note, i am now coaching my best friends daughter on using MFP and weight loss. My goal for her is that she lose 25lbs by New Year's. This is a realistic goal for her as she is in the mid 300lb range. She is a great student and 'gets it'.
    So I will occasionally give some updates on her progress as well through this time period.\

For anyone wanting some insight on fitness and diet (nutrition), I recommend getting this book, 'The New Rules of Lifting for Women'. It was recommended to me by another MFP member and has been monumental in helping me to achieve my own goals.
  • HarlowS
    HarlowS Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    OOOPPPSSS I forgot to my post my weigh-in yesterday (the 1st)!

My CW: 189 (I am 5'5)
    * While I need to lose a lot of weight, I am just taking it step-by-step. I nurse my 11 month old, so I do not go full out with calorie slashing. I have lost quite a bit since he was born, but I am 50 + lbs away from where I was before I starting having kids 7 years ago. I would love to lose at least 10 lbs between now and the end of the challenge.

My three goals (these are posted in the introductions):
    1. Log food every single day (and try not to go over)
    2. Complete JM's 30 Day Shred in the month of Oct. (This is my third try and I have never made it past day 21!)
    3. Drop a pant size (I am in-between sizes and it is frustrating!).

***I did drop the pant size this past weekend, so I am going to make a new goal...
    - Do a 5K before the end of this challenge.
    I am starting Week 6 in C25K, so I will be ready to roll sometime later this month or in the beginning of Nov.

Best of luck to everyone!
  • jfthomas76
    jfthomas76 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My goals are still the same
    1) Be more consistant with my exercise, yoga & swimming
    2) Drink more water
    3) Lose 15lbs by December 31 so I can start the New Year smaller than I've ever been as an adult.

Think I missed posting my weights in my original post -
    CW: 253
    GW: 238

Weighed in this week at 252.5, not a big change but I had a weird week food wise with a wedding and a few other things I dodn't normally have so I'm happy that I didn't go up this week. I also find I tend to stay the same for a week or 2 and then drop 2-3lbs all at once, i'm sure that's not what's actually happening but that's how the scale shows it.

Have a good week!