Organic Coconut Oil

Options
Hi everyone. My GP had just recomended I take coconut oil for a health prob. I did some reading and it appears to be used as a weight loss aid as well. Anybody taking it for anything? Any good results? Anything any better? ;-) Thanks.

Replies

• Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I use it for cooking sometimes. It has no flavour, so is good with all foods.
  • veritay
    veritay Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Only refined coconut oil has no flavour. Zenian has an amazing organic coconut oil, which is virgin and has a great coconut taste. I use it for cooking almost everything in, making chocolate, and as a moisturiser.
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    lol, ok, I just buy the only stuff our store has.
  • Uglytwinsister
    Uglytwinsister Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Heres a copy and paste girls if your interested.

"Coconut oil is cholesterol free which makes it a great choice of oils to use for people who are worried about or have high cholesterol.

*The oil that comes from coconuts contains lauric acid which is converted into a compound that supports immune functon and is antiviral, antimicrobial, and has antifungal properties. This compound also helps the body to get rid of viruses such as influenza, herpes and HIV.

*Coconut oil is great for cellular health due to its content of saturated fats( normally thought of as bad fats but in this case it is medium chain triglycerides which the liver can easily metabolise), this is because cells are mainly made up of saturated fats, therefore it helps to reduce oxidative damage from free radicals, helping you to look and feel younger.

*It also contains Vitamin E which helps your skin to look healthier and is the vitamin which helps to prevent dry skin.

*Recent research has shown that natural coconut fat in the body may help to normalise body lipids this in turn can help to protect the liver from damage from too much alcohol.

*Coconut oil may also be useful in aiding weight loss as it is made up of short to medium chain fatty acids, these are believed to help people to shed excess kilos, and are easier for the body to digest. Furthermore when you eat this type of oil it doesn't put as much stress on the pancreas which in turn boosts metabolic rate and allows people to lose weight.

*Due to its antimicrobial properties, already mentioned, consuming coconut oil may help to ease digestion, as it aids the body to deal with harmful bacteria.

*Many athletes are said to choose coconut oil and believe it helps to boost endurance and energy levels as well as improving their performance, this is because its fat content is easily converted into energy.

*As coconut oil is anti-fungal it can help with your dental care if you rub it on your teeth it can help to get rid of the bad bacteria furthermore it help our body to absorb minerals so can aid the body in absorbing calcium which will help to keep our teeth strong.

Our coconut oil is unrefined raw coconut oilmade from organic coconuts. This makes it a great immune boosting food
  • geoffreyhipango
    geoffreyhipango Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    thanks for this post I was looking for some information....however I cant seem to find the product in local pak n save...am I looking in the wromng place????
  • Uglytwinsister
    Uglytwinsister Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Health food shop. I bought Ceres Organic Virgin cold pressed coconut oil $14.11 for 200mls. Tastes yummy. Just got to figure out how much to take. ;-)
  • poleydog
    poleydog Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    its also excellent for dry cracked heels and athletes foot. I use coconut oil ( organic , virgin ) as face cream and have done for some years. It works very well and its very cheap when compared to other moisturisers.